Hudler

Johnz96*

Hudler is currently on pace to score 109 points over 82 games. Of course he won't be able to maintain that pace. How many do you think he will score?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think 60 is very realistic over 82 games. I mean he only has to score at .66 ppg pace to do it which is basically did last year (I'm glad I changed my username when I did :laugh:)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hudler is very very streaky. I think he will end up in the high 50s when it is all said and done.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Given that he's got 12 points in the bag and figures to get loads of ice time, I'd say he'll clear 60 points (just barely), assuming he plays the full 82 games. 50ish points in 70ish games is definitely doable for him.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Low 60's. Flames play an offensive system plus they're sort of rebuilding so he should get lots of minutes.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Probably mid-sixties.

Have to assume he'll cool down, have to assume also that he'll get an even more offensive role when Calgary starts selling some vets down the road... Don't know if that'll hurt him, or help in.

No way he goes over 80. And no way he does under 50 this year.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Past experience (watching him since AHL), suggests he will go cold at one point or his linemates will go cold. Hudler is still very much a playmaker top six player so if his linemates don't finish or go cold it affects him alot. He isn't one to be able to carry a team for stretches.

60-70 points is what he tops out as.

Johnz96*

He is on pace for 77 points now. He has scored almost twice as many points as the next closest teammate. If the injury bug doesn't hit him as well, I think he should score at least 60.

Johnz96*

Hudler. What Do You Think Now?

He has scored almost twice as many points as the next closest teammate. If the injury bug doesn't hit him as well, I think he should score at least 60.
He has looked really good out there and although he is small and not the fastest guy he really competes defensively and is smart positionally. I think his best attribute is his ability to see the ice and utilize his teammates. If the Flames can get healthy and ice their best players around him, I think he will be even more dangerous and perhaps get 80.

Johnz96*

Why was a second thread created for the same topic?

I'm still sticking with 72.

To see how the poll results would vary now.
I was thinking he could break 70 then. Now I'm thinking he might hit 80 if the Flames can get and stay healthy and ice a solid supporting cast around him.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
First thing that pops into my head with regards to Hudler is if he does end up on pace for 80 points plus, do we trade him?

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
First thing that pops into my head with regards to Hudler is if he does end up on pace for 80 points plus, do we trade him?

No, you need someone that knows how win. Hudler's experience is really valuable not to mention his skillset to have on a growing team.

Can't be the Oilers and get rid of everyone for a draft pick.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

We get a first line player locked up for several years on a good contract that has been a great leader with the kids why trade him? At some point you have to stop just getting assets and start building a team. Jbo was moved to get assets I don't think we need to do that with Hudler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad