Huberdeau or Trocheck?

• Huberdeau

• Trocheck

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Assuming we are right up to the cap this season and that we have traded Hoffman, we'll have around 10M (minus whatever Monty is making) to sign Dadonov and Borgstrom. And on top of that we'll lose someone to Seattle.
If we bring another top 4 dman, then we might lose either Matheson/Yandle/top 4 dman/Trocheck/Borgstrom. So I wouldn't worry about having enough money to re-sign Dadonov. (maybe we'd strike a deal for picks or prospects)

Not worried about Borgstrom, he's still on his ELC but I just feel like in the next 2 years, Tro is the odd man out, considering all our Prospect depth is on the wing. I realize it's a long way from now till then, and a lot can change, but considering we still don't know what's going to happen in the offseason, it's all hypothetical

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Its pretty easy, Mogo is right both contracts are awesome with the Value they keep. But if i had to move one, i would also go with Trocheck, great Player but his Team play lacks.
He can power up a Team with his person in the Lockerroom, but to skate alone into 4 Players and hope i score a Goal is a Way far off. And i see this Playing from Trocheck to often when i doesnt go the Way Trocheck wanted the Way to go and that hurt the Team more, in Puck lost and Hits, then it help with Assist and Goals.

3 Season where the Team or Line had problems to play around and with him, cause the most you get from him is max. some rare pass the most time you must go after the Puck. Befor he get his Points over the PP but since the arriving of Hoffmann and his Shot, PP is over effective.
I think trocheck has to work heavy on his 5 on 5 play as a center. PP works also without him in the 1st Unit. 2nd Unit getting more skill when we can let play Top 6 Player on PP Unit 2.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think Trocheck has a lot to prove this year. We'll see if he steps up playing under coach Q. His defensive game has been lacking for years now, and he does a terrible job of getting his line mates into the game

From there own i asked the Question for the future 2nd Line Center. Borgstrom showed what an Eye he has for the open Teammate, what is missing, is the expierence. If we would have 2 Top 6 Lines with Line combination our 5on5 Game is more dangerous then it is current.

Its also a fact that Trocheck selfishness on the 2nd Line hurt the overall Game and Line combination. And current with this Season, with or without Injury. Hoffmann is better as trocheck in the overall Game. Its also a fact we need Winger not Center, we draft every Year a Top6-Top9 Center in the League.

People saying Hoffmann is the oddman. I say from a Hockey standpoint out not Doghouse friendship best Buddy usual Hockey Buisness, Hoffmann must stay on this Team. In my point of View he is like Oshie with Washington amd Oshie in Washington work.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I don't think either player should be moved unless Trocheck continues to slump badly next season.

With that said, it's not surprising how lopsided this conversation is. We've all watched Barkov and Huberdeau play together, and that should pretty much end any talk of trading Huberdeau. Unless you don't like having one of the most dynamic pairings in hockey on your first line?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'd move Trocheck for a D. I do think he gets us a better return than Hoffman since he has term.

If the move was trade Trocheck for a D and sign someone like a Kevin Hayes for a similar term as Trocheck then business is open

Reactions: Mase

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think the focus will need to be to get Tro back to previous form. Assuming he gets there, he’s exactly the kind of player needed in playoffs. At this point Borg will help you in the regular season more but Tro is much closer to the Pavelski or Foligno standard. Borg is too soft. He will need two years and an actual playoff experience. Heck, Barkov is probably too soft.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Id say Tro offhand and would hate to see huby go considering the chemistry he has with Barkov.

Since Huby isn't going anywhere ill entertain this poll.

What are we getting for Huby and what are we getting for Tro ? This plays a large factor.

Reactions: Mase

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I read this wrong at first, thinking it was "who should the Panthers keep?" and was shocked at the results. Glad to know I'm not crazy haha.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Next thread:

Barkov or Sceviour?

Then

Ekblad or Matheson?

why is this “the option” we have? How did you draw the conclusion that it’s wither Huberdeau, who along with Barkov broke the Panthers points record, or Trocheck, who didn’t play and was severely injured? How about Dadanov or Trocheck? Hoffman or Dadonov? Hoffman or Trocheck?

Anyways. Neither. There’s no reason to trade Huberdeau and it’s a bad idea to sell low on Trocheck. He’s got very low value and we already know his upside.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Why the hell would we deal one of them? There contracts are awesome. Dadonov/Hoffman are leaving before they are

If you want to know how one of them leaves it's Trocheck. Because Borgstrom becomes a 70 point two way player
if that happened id want trochek at right wing where ive always wanted him because he plays center weirdly, cant utilize wingers, and is always terribly positioned defensively.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
You know what. If we have to trade one or the other, I don’t care who it is as long as it isn’t a lateral move and we get better because I’m tired of these mediocre seasons.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I'd move Trocheck for a D. I do think he gets us a better return than Hoffman since he has term.

If the move was trade Trocheck for a D and sign someone like a Kevin Hayes for a similar term as Trocheck then business is open
I like Hayes when he uses his size, he just rarely does and shuts it down in the playoffs when we needed it most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad