• Huberdeau

• Trocheck

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
You gotta move one, which is it?

Hypothetical(or is it?) question for a situation I see brewing in the not too distant future. A lot is set to change in this off-season, and the changes that are made may make this decision unnecessary, but I value everyone's opinion. My choice: Trocheck

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Why the hell would we deal one of them? There contracts are awesome. Dadonov/Hoffman are leaving before they are

If you want to know how one of them leaves it's Trocheck. Because Borgstrom becomes a 70 point two way player

Reactions: Mase

Mase

Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Why the hell would we deal one of them? There contracts are awesome. Dadonov/Hoffman are leaving before they are

I agree that Hoffman is the odd man out, and i don't think that is debatable, but if...and it's a big if....Bread is brought in, does Dadonov still go? Isn't he a UFA soon?

Mase

Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
I don't how people seem to forget Trocheck is two years considered being a great two-way center. He had an awful injury last season.

I agree, and I haven't lost faith in the player, or his ability, I'm a big Fan of Trocheck. He's succeeded at every level he's been at. It's just a hypothetical.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You gotta move one, which is it?

Hypothetical(or is it?) question for a situation I see brewing in the not too distant future. A lot is set to change in this off-season, and the changes that are made may make this decision unnecessary, but I value everyone's opinion. My choice: Trocheck

Should have added a poll to this thread to get an easy tally of who over who even though we know it'd be Huberdeau by a fair bit

edit - added the poll for you at the top, if everyone could help out Mase and vote.

Curious of the follow up question :popcorn:

Last edited:

Mase

Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Should have added a poll to this thread to get an easy tally of who over who even though we know it'd be Huberdeau by a fair bit

edit - added the poll for you at the top, if everyone could help out Mase and vote.

Curious of the follow up question :popcorn:

Thought about putting up a poll, but wasn't sure who would be interested in answering, but your right, I should have., and thank you.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
First I was doubting huby now I could doubt tro. but in fact I believe both are very good players tro had a bad seasons but it happens, specially after an injury. both belong to the panthers identity for me, barkov, huby, trocheck, ekblad, even matheson (pray to the devil he will take another step..), make them panthers for the rest of their careers. How awesome would that be.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Love Trochek, but he played poorly before and after his injury, and I think Borgstrom can be better. Cannot afford to lose the chemistry between Huby and Barky.

Mase

Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
After 28 votes, I think a relatively decent sample-size can be obtained, and it seems that, of the two, Trocheck goes and Huby stays.

Now, I must preface this with the assumption...and it's a BIG assumption...that both Bread and Bob are headed here in the off season. What is the Board members opinion on Huby being moved to Center the 2nd line?

My reasoning is this: In 2022 both Barky and Tro are set to be UFA's, and Huby is up in 2023, now assuming you move Hoffman(and whatever else may be necessary) to get a top 4 D-man, then you still have the small problem of Dadonov being a UFA after next year. If you bring in Bread, then immediately move Dadonov in the following off-season, he may feel like he's been hit with the old "bait-n-switch", and the last thing you want is your shiny new toy, signed at 8-10 million for the next 5-8 years, becoming a disgruntled employee. You move Hoffman this off season, and Tro(after HOPEFULLY a bounce-back year) next off season and put the prospect talent(on cheap ELC's), that you haven't had to move for D help, on the wings.

Either way you slice it, during this off-season there is not much doubt that Hoffman has to be moved for D help, unless Q comes in with a magic wand and makes Ekblad a better skater and Mattheson NOT cough up the puck in his own zone multiple times a game, Ray Charles can pretty much see that. The season after will be an even bigger question(IMO) as to what you do with either of Trocheck and Dadonov. I personally would love to keep both, but I just don't see how you can with both of Barkov and Tro being UFA's after 2022 and then Huby in 2023. Given the investments that will be conceivably made in both Bob and Bread SOMEONE will have to be moved, and while Yandle and his 6-7 million might also be a candidate, I see us being better able to sustain a loss at the forward position(given the prospect depth) than on defense. Moving Tro in 2021 seems like a distinct and very real possibility to me, and it would sting.

Thoughts?

Reactions: wunderpanda

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
After 28 votes, I think a relatively decent sample-size can be obtained, and it seems that, of the two, Trocheck goes and Huby stays.

Now, I must preface this with the assumption...and it's a BIG assumption...that both Bread and Bob are headed here in the off season. What is the Board members opinion on Huby being moved to Center the 2nd line?

My reasoning is this: In 2022 both Barky and Tro are set to be UFA's, and Huby is up in 2023, now assuming you move Hoffman(and whatever else may be necessary) to get a top 4 D-man, then you still have the small problem of Dadonov being a UFA after next year. If you bring in Bread, then immediately move Dadonov in the following off-season, he may feel like he's been hit with the old "bait-n-switch", and the last thing you want is your shiny new toy, signed at 8-10 million for the next 5-8 years, becoming a disgruntled employee. You move Hoffman this off season, and Tro(after HOPEFULLY a bounce-back year) next off season and put the prospect talent(on cheap ELC's), that you haven't had to move for D help, on the wings.

Either way you slice it, during this off-season there is not much doubt that Hoffman has to be moved for D help, unless Q comes in with a magic wand and makes Ekblad a better skater and Mattheson NOT cough up the puck in his own zone multiple times a game, Ray Charles can pretty much see that. The season after will be an even bigger question(IMO) as to what you do with either of Trocheck and Dadonov. I personally would love to keep both, but I just don't see how you can with both of Barkov and Tro being UFA's after 2022 and then Huby in 2023. Given the investments that will be conceivably made in both Bob and Bread SOMEONE will have to be moved, and while Yandle and his 6-7 million might also be a candidate, I see us being better able to sustain a loss at the forward position(given the prospect depth) than on defense. Moving Tro in 2021 seems like a distinct and very real possibility to me, and it would sting.

Thoughts?
Assuming we are right up to the cap this season and that we have traded Hoffman, we'll have around 10M (minus whatever Monty is making) to sign Dadonov and Borgstrom. And on top of that we'll lose someone to Seattle.
If we bring another top 4 dman, then we might lose either Matheson/Yandle/top 4 dman/Trocheck/Borgstrom. So I wouldn't worry about having enough money to re-sign Dadonov. (maybe we'd strike a deal for picks or prospects)

Reactions: BabyBarkov and Mase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad