Value of: Huberdeau

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Ghost will be the salary back for cap and Florida has always liked that is easy part.
Phills fans will offer JVR you will say no so we can skip that part of discussion.
If you ask for Konecky's long term cheap deal you get dial tone.
Flyer fan would want to trade Ghost 1, 2, Hagg
Panther fan will ask Farabee Ghost and Frost
Ghost Frost and Ratcliffe will be the final offer.

Nope.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Huberdeau is asking out at the end of the season. I think he’s even said previously (1-2 years ago) he was sick of losing and missing the playoffs and intimated that he’d want out if it continued.

One thing that’s for sure - whatever the panthers trade him for, it’ll be a bad deal and a subpar return.

As for an offer, @Cousin Eddie hit the nail on the head with the Newhook + Zadorov + 1st + Jost package. I’d expect Cats to ask for Byram but Sakic would try to keep him obviously.

Then Huby will just play until a good enough offer comes up. Sakic should know about this tactic well.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Huby, Barkov and Ek aren’t going anywhere. Fans are frustrated and it’s warranted, but these guys are staying.

This is pretty naive. At least try to contribute with something.

Stephen Weiss is the all time leader in games played in a Panthers jersey with 650. Huberdeau is about a season and a half away from that record. And historically we don't keep our players very long, 25 years of evidence supports that. You think Huby will finish his career here?

Now you may say Tallon is different. He loves his own guys! Yeah but there is very good chance Tallon is gone after this season if they miss and loyalty goes out the door whoever the next gm will be.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
This is pretty naive. At least try to contribute with something.

Stephen Weiss is the all time leader in games played in a Panthers jersey with 650. Huberdeau is about a season and a half away from that record. And historically we don't keep our players very long, 25 years of evidence supports that. You think Huby will finish his career here?

Now you may say Tallon is different. He loves his own guys! Yeah but there is very good chance Tallon is gone after this season if they miss and loyalty goes out the door whoever the next gm will be.

Weiss was never close to Huby’s skill level or put up the points that he has. And Huby is still signed, MAYBE something will happen, but naive?? Don’t think so.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Weiss was never close to Huby’s skill level or put up the points that he has. And Huby is still signed, MAYBE something will happen, but naive?? Don’t think so.

you stated is as an absolute, Ek barky and Huby not going anywhere. You don't know that. I presented a case for it to be plausible regarding Huby.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
you stated is as an absolute, Ek barky and Huby not going anywhere. You don't know that. I presented a case for it to be plausible regarding Huby.

lol ok. You have me Weiss, who isn’t close to Huberdeau. No, I don’t think they’re going anywhere, I stated why I believe that.

Last edited:

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Then Huby will just play until a good enough offer comes up. Sakic should know about this tactic well.
As you said, he’s been benched twice already and his body language doesn’t look good. You can’t have that infecting the rest of the time and I frankly don’t expect him on the panthers next year. I really think he asks out after the season and the Cats recognize their best option will be to get as much as they can (with taking back as little salary as possible).

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I'd offer a pretty sizeable amount from COL, but I'm not sure what moves the needle.

Newhook + 2020 1st + Timmins?

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Huby, Barkov and Ek aren’t going anywhere. Fans are frustrated and it’s warranted, but these guys are staying.

Huberdeau will ask for a trade and will want to be out if they don't make the playoffs.

It's not that they "want" to trade him. But it might be inevitable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad