Value of: Huberdeau

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Feel like Byram from COL makes a lot of sense.

COL fans have said absolutely not to trading him but Huberdeau is a special player. Still young. Would compliment MacK well.

Girard and Zadorov are capable of filling the top 4 LHD spots in my opinion. Makar and Timmins on the right.

If FLA comes calling with that trade I make it 10/10. I’m not an Avs or Fla fan, but still.

On Florida’s side, a Byram-Ekblad tandem for the next 10 years sounds real nice.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Feel like Byram from COL makes a lot of sense.

COL fans have said absolutely not to trading him but Huberdeau is a special player. Still young. Would compliment MacK well.

Girard and Zadorov are capable of filling the top 4 LHD spots in my opinion. Makar and Timmins on the right.

If FLA comes calling with that trade I make it 10/10. I’m not an Avs or Fla fan, but still.

On Florida’s side, a Byram-Ekblad tandem for the next 10 years sounds real nice.
No. Byram is not getting a heading for two time 90 point top ling winger. I wouldn't be trading Huberdeau anyway.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
You know what they say. When you have a chance to trade a 90 point player on a $5.9 million contract, you take it.

This smells like a ROR trade in the making.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Isn’t skjei underperforming super bad
Honestly, I'm not a good judge of that yet. He played one game for us and was meh. Ranger fans have been pretty critical before the trade to the Canes. When healthy, I don't think we have as much a need for him as we would for a guy like Huberdeau. So since the Panthers seemed interested in him at the deadline, and it would meet a need and save them a little cap, I thought maybe it was something the teams might explore over the summer.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
this is why you don't go to the trade board after a bad loss. You post nonsense threads.

I think there's some sense to it. Was on the tsn trade bait last year already and been benched twice by Q this year. Looks like he's checked out again.

I'd say there's a decent chance he gets traded this summer if they miss the playoffs. Which seems more likely than not at this point.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
What is going in this thread? Brady Skjei? ROFL. Huberdeau is on pace for a ~99 point follow up to his 92 point 18-19. He also has one of the best contracts in the league that runs another 3 years!

Realistically, anything short of another high end player with term/team control in a 1 for 1 or so is a conversation ender.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Hasn't Skjei been horrible this season and barely average the season before? I think FLA hangs up on this one.
I didn't expect this to be one-to-one. Clearly, the Canes would add to even out the value. I just thought since Florida had interest, and from the tone of the OP, was looking to make a change that they might be interested.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
I didn't expect this to be one-to-one. Clearly, the Canes would add to even out the value. I just thought since Florida had interest, and from the tone of the OP, was looking to make a change that they might be interested.
My bad, the way you worded it sounded like it would be a one-for-one. Canes would need to add, yes. Perhaps modify the D-man to Pesce if Slavin is out of the question.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Florida owes the islanders for Luongo and Jokinen. I’ll consider this even

Huberdeau for 2021 1st + Holmstrom/Bellows

Reactions: mm11

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I don't Calgary has the pieces it would take, but Hanafin plus something is what I'd offer. Panthers would likely get much better offers

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Huberdeau for Skjei in the offseason? Salary are similar and you'd get a guy Florida seemed interested in at the deadline.

You are better than this, man.

From Carolina, it would take Tera. If they didn't want to use a forward, I would start with Pesce and add.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Another casualty of Pantheritis, in his eight years in the league has seen nothing but losing. Was speculated last year that he may be on the block. This year has been benched twice by Q due to lack of effort and recently has been a total non-show with terrible body language. The writing is on the wall.

26 year old LW with three years left at 5.9 million and heading for a second consecutive 90+ point year.

Looking forward prospects or young players with top line / top six potential.

OR

Top pairing D
Ghost will be the salary back for cap and Florida has always liked that is easy part.
Phills fans will offer JVR you will say no so we can skip that part of discussion.
If you ask for Konecky's long term cheap deal you get dial tone.
Flyer fan would want to trade Ghost 1, 2, Hagg
Panther fan will ask Farabee Ghost and Frost
Ghost Frost and Ratcliffe will be the final offer.

Last edited:

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Huberdeau is asking out at the end of the season. I think he’s even said previously (1-2 years ago) he was sick of losing and missing the playoffs and intimated that he’d want out if it continued.

One thing that’s for sure - whatever the panthers trade him for, it’ll be a bad deal and a subpar return.

As for an offer, @Cousin Eddie hit the nail on the head with the Newhook + Zadorov + 1st + Jost package. I’d expect Cats to ask for Byram but Sakic would try to keep him obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad