Aug 14, 2011
crease
That sounds delightful.

Brings a new meaning to pylon drills.

thumb_we-drank-the-blood-of-some-people-but-the-people-61247578.png

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yzerman did shed like 10% discount for this deal. He seems to have that discount for every deal.

If you can really repeat it for every deal on 23-man roster, it gives 8.1M extra space in 81M cap environment. And that makes us a contender on one day.

Reactions: Hatter of the Beach

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Well under the $5M+ people here were predicting, slightly over the $4.25M that I wanted, but it's a 3 year deal, so AAV should be higher than my projection for one year bridge.

I think his point pace goes down, not up because Leddy takes PP1 and Seider takes away some of his ES ice time. But $4.25M is a reasonable contract for a middle pair D.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
The 50-70 is a little overzealous, I admit it, but nothing else I said wasn't correct. I think he could hit 40-50 this season if things progress with our forwards and Seider.

30-40 points is probably where he lands, and a lot of those will be on the PP. But, unless he's turns that corner, he's not going to be someone you want up against the other team's best lines.

Reactions: golffuul

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Yeah I agree with the above post. 50 points on a good season for him doesn't seem unreasonable. He seems to be a guy that should consistently be around 40 points imo. I always compared him to someone like Marek Zidlicky and so I'm not disappointed with how he's turned out. He's trending in the direction of that type of player.

People should hope Seider is just that good and can leap frog Hronek's role defensively and let Hronek play second fiddle and focus on the PP. Then we got something kinda going.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
many are discounting what hronek brings while not taking into account the EXTREMELY weak level of talent that both his partners and teammates have played at his entire nhl career , and how many millions of minutes hes had to play in own end because of being on a junk team . what partner has he ever had that was going to be of big help to him at either end ????????????? if hronek would have came up on a good team he'd have been at 40+ points every year and extremely respected . hes worth way more than 4.4

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I suspect Yzerman does a good job of creating an environment that is nice to play in where players will take a discount to play. I am also happy this wasn't a #1 D contract. That was what we got stuck with in Holland years was players being promoted over their head as real talent kept leaving and not being replaced and then Holland structuring the new contracts to fit the position they were playing and not the actual level of talent the player was bringing to the team. That is why there have been so many buyouts.

Reactions: RabidBadger

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Most of the speculation I have seen had him at $5 million+. A great deal.
Recent Norris trophy winners, Josi, Hedman and Giordano never reached half a point a game until they were older than he is and Hronek should do it this year.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I think last season will have been Hronek's high water mark, points-wise. It was a bit of an anomaly playing way over his head and collecting secondary assists. I think the big minutes this season will be spread more evenly across more players.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
I’m not sure what Yzerman has in mind, but we don’t have any deals longer than three years on the books. Very interesting to see what his plan is going to be.
Let's be honest, Hronek is likely going to slide down the depth chart in a few years.

No issue with everything expiring within 3 years, flexibility. There really isn't any point signing anyone on this team for long term other than Larkin.

4.5 cap is small, but 2 things to keep in mind:
1. He is still RFA at end of deal
2. Qualifying offer will be $5.5+ mil due to rising nature of deal.
3. Even back in 2015 the going rate for offensive oriented D producing 0.5 points per game was $5-6 million.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
many are discounting what hronek brings while not taking into account the EXTREMELY weak level of talent that both his partners and teammates have played at his entire nhl career , and how many millions of minutes hes had to play in own end because of being on a junk team . what partner has he ever had that was going to be of big help to him at either end ????????????? if hronek would have came up on a good team he'd have been at 40+ points every year and extremely respected . hes worth way more than 4.4
He's had AHL level partners his entire career, so it's really hard to judge how good he is defensively. Offensively, he took a step back as far as shooting. It sucked last season, he got 2 empty netters that's it. He's gotta stop busting shin pads.

For some reason, Blash stopped doing set plays off the faceoff. I hope he realizes that you can play low event hockey and still do set plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad