Confirmed with Link: Hronek signs 3 year deal

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I’m not sure what Yzerman has in mind, but we don’t have any deals longer than three years on the books. Very interesting to see what his plan is going to be.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
6TRYBXL4QFDRJBWKENGY2ODPHQ.JPG

Will be interesting to see the dollars.

Edit: previous Mackinac bridge link broke.

Last edited:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I’m not sure what Yzerman has in mind, but we don’t have any deals longer than three years on the books. Very interesting to see what his plan is going to be.
No one on the roster outside of Larkin is worth signing to anything longer than three years.

Reactions: 14ari13 and David D

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I don't think so... I believe it's still RFA

CF has Hronek as only having next year under team control. I know he’s in a weird spot because he didn’t have arb rights this year, so maybe I’m wrong.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
CF has Hronek as only having next year under team control. I know he’s in a weird spot because he didn’t have arb rights this year, so maybe I’m wrong.

Hronek will be an RFA with 1 year of control left after this deal.

Reactions: DInTheB

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
If hes good wont matter.... i hate how everyone assumes we need to get a players rfa years and some ufa years. Hronek is okay. Yzerman will flip some of these 3 year guys and some will get re-signed down road. Replaceable players dont need massively long deals.

Reactions: ealong59 and Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If hes good wont matter.... i hate how everyone assumes we need to get a players rfa years and some ufa years. Hronek is okay. Yzerman will flip some of these 3 year guys and some will get re-signed down road. Replaceable players dont need massively long deals.

Hronek certainly feels like a Shattenkirk type defender to me. He's a nice piece if you can budget him into your roster but as soon as you need to make tough financial choices he's one of the first guys gone.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
This should be a good deal, unless Hronek turns the corner on his defensive game, he's a 4/5 and 2nd PP guy on a good team.
Disagree. In juniors he was the best player on his team. In minors he was the leading D-Man. Internationally it's not even close, he's the best player on the team. On the Red Wings, leading scorer. If he had competent teammates and coaching on the Red Wings, he'd be knocking on 50-70 points.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
70 points? Even in his wildest dreams that wouldn't happen. Competent coaching and comeptent team? Tell me do you mean connor mcdavid and prime scotty?

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
Disagree. In juniors he was the best player on his team. In minors he was the leading D-Man. Internationally it's not even close, he's the best player on the team. On the Red Wings, leading scorer. If he had competent teammates and coaching on the Red Wings, he'd be knocking on 50-70 points.

Some people are just completely delusional on Hronek. Like, do you have any idea how rare it is for a dman to even get 50 points in a season, let alone 70?

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
70 points? Even in his wildest dreams that wouldn't happen. Competent coaching and comeptent team? Tell me do you mean connor mcdavid and prime scotty?

how about we at least split the difference and say I dunno Ryan Strome and Bob Boughner?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad