Howson named AHL President

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
What about the 10 thousand other mistakes he made.

I'm not taking a position in support or opposition of MacT so moving the goalposts will do you no good (not that it ever really does). I'm just pointing out that what you wrote was incredibly asinine. I'm worried i'm going to get eye cancer just reading it. Like honestly who the f*** else did he have to play as 1C? Playing Toby Petersen he of 400 games over 8 different seasons 64 times on a team with at least 5 forwards as bad or worse than him is not some great sin. Move the conversation forward with reasonable criticism, it'll do us all good. I'd like to believe your more rational in real life than your posts indicate.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
It's official. He'll stay with the Oilers through April and then go to the AHL.

Nicholson:
"On behalf of the Edmonton Oilers Hockey Club, Oilers Entertainment Group and the AHL's Bakersfield Condors, I want to congratulate Scott Howson on being named President and CEO of the American Hockey League earlier today.

Scott has been a great contributor to the Oilers for almost 20 years. He has made significant contributions in many roles with the organization. We wish him all the best with this new opportunity.

Scott will remain with the Oilers in his current role as Director of Player Development through the end of April. General Manager and President of Hockey Operations Ken Holland will oversee the transition in the player development department."
RELEASE: Statement by Bob Nicholson, Chairman of the Edmonton Oilers

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
8376E2F3-A452-467F-8426-E617621F725C.png
8376E2F3-A452-467F-8426-E617621F725C.png

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Meh, I never got the hate for MacT. Players loved playing for him as a coach.

As a GM, his Perron for Paajarvi trade, then moving Perron for a 1st was great. Purcell for Gags at the time was a big win as well. The rest was all minor stuff. The only trade I'd knock him for was Petry, but he has become a far greater defenceman in Montreal than he ever was here. If you want to argue he didn't make enough blockbuster trades to improve the team, I don't think that was the goal of ownership or management at the time. We were horrific and needed to rebuild.

He's a good guy, and not one of the ones we should be including in with the likes of Lowe and Howson.

One of the worst aquistments was Nikitin, Howsons old player in Columbus, gaved Columubus a 5th to get the rights to neogotiate a new contract. A 5th to an injured player... SIgning him to 4.5$ a year, wich upsetted Petry. Whereas he wanted to get traded. Everyone knew in the league, and MacT had just fidn himself get bent over.

I has all the time wondered what Howson gave Oilers, he was always sticking around in the background for some reason, doing like.. what. And impossible to get rid of.

Boom not bust

Nov 17, 2018
Edmonton
good riddance, tired of him being in the Oilers front office recurringly, hopefully this time it is for good. The bottom line is that as an NHL executive, failure followed him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad