Proposal: Howard for Ayres

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Oh damn, 500 bucks? I feel like he deserves more than that. I hope the Canes at least took him out to a nice dinner or something.

That rate is $41,000 for an 82 game season. Not even 10% of minimum wage for an nhler...
The governor of North Carolina is seeking to make Ayres an Honorary Citizen too :)

Reactions: TheOtherOne

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm an accountant so this part of the year is **** for me anyway. :laugh:

ugh, don't remind me. My own taxes are still sitting on my desk...

$500 is not even worth the risk of injury for playing an NHL game, honestly. This game was in Toronto, which means plenty of people definitely spent more on seats to see the game than this guy got paid.

I'm not sure why they aren't given the league minimum salary. Is short changing the guy who steps in at a moment's notice to make sure a hockey game happens really that big of a deal to this league? I mean, I'm sure they can trot out The Reasons, but I'm also sure most of the reasons are just bureaucratic crap that could easily be worked around for how rarely something like this happens.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
ugh, don't remind me. My own taxes are still sitting on my desk...

I'm not sure why they aren't given the league minimum salary. Is short changing the guy who steps in at a moment's notice to make sure a hockey game happens really that big of a deal to this league? I mean, I'm sure they can trot out The Reasons, but I'm also sure most of the reasons are just bureaucratic crap that could easily be worked around for how rarely something like this happens.

Yeah, league minimum for one game should something be like 8 000 dollars. (700 000 per 82 games)

Reactions: TheOtherOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad