Proposal: Howard for Ayres

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Zamboni driver: 1 win in 1 game.
$4M goalie: 2 wins in 26 games.

:banghead:

Just stating stats with no regard for context is fun, I guess.

Howard is bad, we get this. I'm sure if Howard was playing for Carolina instead of Detroit he'd have more wins than 2 in 26. but that doesn't help with your hilarious point.

Which team adds?

And even though I know this is a trollly joke, here's the legit answer.
Howard would get swapped for a Vili Saarijarvi type like Eric Comrie was. Howard > Comrie but is also being paid more.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Howard is bad, we get this. I'm sure if Howard was playing for Carolina instead of Detroit he'd have more wins than 2 in 26. but that doesn't help with your hilarious point.

I really don't think you get how bad Howard has been, or you wouldn't get so defensive.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
I really don't think you get how bad Howard has been, or you wouldn't get so defensive.

No, I get exactly how bad he's been. He's not been a good goalie this year. He's still a far better goalie than rando zamboni driver. It's a great story that Ayres did what he did. But it's just ****ing irritating that something like that is used to show "THIS IS HOW BAD JIMMY HOWARD IS!" The Red Wings as a team suck. Howard has been a big part of that.

I'm annoyed because there is somehow something taken out of a really cool story with Ayres coming in and making a memory for himself to show "oh man, the Wings are really really bad". Can't you just let something cool happen without taking a chance to dump on our guys? I know exactly how bad Howard is. I also know how bad the Wings roster as a whole is right now. This year is a lost cause.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
The 'Canes are being cool and taking Ayres to Dallas to be the back-up tomorrow
That's awesome. Well deserved for that guy. I hope he does not get forced into action again. That game he just had should be an untarnished memory of awesomeness. Also, it's really bad news for Carolina if another goalie gets hurt or ill.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
That's awesome. Well deserved for that guy. I hope he does not get forced into action again. That game he just had should be an untarnished memory of awesomeness. Also, it's really bad news for Carolina if another goalie gets hurt or ill.

What's he paid? Is it whatever a player making the league minimum gets for these games? It's not just a great moment for the guy, but he's probably bringing home a pretty nice paycheck for this.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
What's he paid? Is it whatever a player making the league minimum gets for these games? It's not just a great moment for the guy, but he's probably bringing home a pretty nice paycheck for this.
"Per NHL rules, Ayres was paid $500 for the game and was allowed to keep his game-worn jersey. He was greeted warmly by his teammates-for-a-night upon entering the locker room after the game."

Hurricanes use emergency backup goalie against Maple Leafs

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
No, I get exactly how bad he's been. He's not been a good goalie this year. He's still a far better goalie than rando zamboni driver. It's a great story that Ayres did what he did. But it's just ****ing irritating that something like that is used to show "THIS IS HOW BAD JIMMY HOWARD IS!" The Red Wings as a team suck. Howard has been a big part of that.

I'm annoyed because there is somehow something taken out of a really cool story with Ayres coming in and making a memory for himself to show "oh man, the Wings are really really bad". Can't you just let something cool happen without taking a chance to dump on our guys? I know exactly how bad Howard is. I also know how bad the Wings roster as a whole is right now. This year is a lost cause.

Oh well.
Howard absolutely shit the bed all year.
Pro-rate Bernier's point percentage and Howard's win percentage - and you know everything you need to know about why this team was historically awful this year.

You can mask Howard's shittiness with every excuse in the book.
Right beside him is Bernier who, unless you think he's vezina reincarnated, is about where he was last year.

There are a million places on the internet to see great stories about Ayres. Unsurprisingly, the Red Wings board isn't one of them.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

It was an innocent joke.

Reactions: LazyT

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

There's no reason to freak out about it, the front page shows like 20 threads, not all of them have to be serious. Let's all make a shitty joke about how a zamboni guy is better than our overpaid vets, have a giggle or a groan, and move on with our lives. We can get back to the hardcore analysis when we have a roster worth analyzing.

Reactions: LazyT

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
"Per NHL rules, Ayres was paid $500 for the game and was allowed to keep his game-worn jersey. He was greeted warmly by his teammates-for-a-night upon entering the locker room after the game."

Hurricanes use emergency backup goalie against Maple Leafs
Oh damn, 500 bucks? I feel like he deserves more than that. I hope the Canes at least took him out to a nice dinner or something.

That rate is $41,000 for an 82 game season. Not even 10% of minimum wage for an nhler...

Reactions: Bench and Winger98

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
There's no reason to freak out about it, the front page shows like 20 threads, not all of them have to be serious. Let's all make a shitty joke about how a zamboni guy is better than our overpaid vets, have a giggle or a groan, and move on with our lives. We can get back to the hardcore analysis when we have a roster worth analyzing.

Sorry bout the overreaction. I've just seen far too many innocent jokes carry on to become some people's legitimate talking points they believe. A big of it is probably that MBH and I don't get on too well.

Also, I just ****ing hate this time of year, particularly when we're so damn bad.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Sorry bout the overreaction. I've just seen far too many innocent jokes carry on to become some people's legitimate talking points they believe. A big of it is probably that MBH and I don't get on too well.

Also, I just ****ing hate this time of year, particularly when we're so damn bad.
Me too. I started avoiding GDTs when Howard is in goal. Makes for a more pleasant board experience.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast

And even though I know this is a trollly joke, here's the legit answer.
Howard would get swapped for a Vili Saarijarvi type like Eric Comrie was. Howard > Comrie but is also being paid more.

Mr. St James, I hope you never change!

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

it's been awhile since i have been this ready for a season to just end.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Oh damn, 500 bucks? I feel like he deserves more than that. I hope the Canes at least took him out to a nice dinner or something.

That rate is $41,000 for an 82 game season. Not even 10% of minimum wage for an nhler...

I think I heard somewhere the Canes are flying him out for a fake jersey retirement ceremony.
If that's true... wow... that's gold

Reactions: TheOtherOne

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

$500 is not even worth the risk of injury for playing an NHL game, honestly. This game was in Toronto, which means plenty of people definitely spent more on seats to see the game than this guy got paid.

Reactions: Winger98

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA

Had they paid him more he might've let them win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad