How would you rate the refereeing in the new KHL season?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Actually not. Referee number 22 did everything else but reffed the game. He tripped 2 times himself and stared at ice when the game was in the other end. Many asked what the hell is he doing. Linemen doesnt know the rules of offside etc. just bad reffing and i hope that russian refs wont spoil wc games in prague/ostrava.

Russian refs never get the more important games because they suck.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
“Evgeny has excellent potential,” said Stewart. “Bar none, I think he is the best conditioned official in the world right now. He’s … both strong physically and an outstanding skater.
With a scouting report like that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Buffalo or Kuznya sign him :sarcasm:

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
9/10. They let the players play and decide, and that's what important. Good non-called icings and penalties NHL style.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Jyri Rönn could be leaving the KHL as he seems to be penciled in as the new head of refereeing by the Finnish league.

Tells that even Liiga whistle blowers have seen KHL games reffing and how much better it is.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
It seems Jokerit have sent an official inquiry to the league about the refereeing in the CSKA series:

http://www.iltalehti.fi/khl/2015032519418756_jr.shtml

News doesn't tell who has sent it.

teksti250315HH_jr.jpg

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
9/10. They let the players play and decide, and that's what important. Good non-called icings and penalties NHL style.
That's too much. I'd give overall 7/10 as there is still too much bad referees plus some that dont use their whistles against Russian teams in clear penalty situations.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Tells that even Liiga whistle blowers have seen KHL games reffing and how much better it is.

Based on the comments at Jatkoaika, the Jokerit fans never experienced the kind of blatant favoritism of one team in SM-Liiga than they have in the KHL.

The quote from former KHL president Medvedev that was quoted in this months Jääkiekkolehti that the KHL was going to try and reduce corruption among the referees sure was alarming.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
The quote from former KHL president Medvedev that was quoted in this months Jääkiekkolehti that the KHL was going to try and reduce corruption among the referees sure was alarming.
Thats what I was talking too before and some Russian posters started "attacking" me.

alce*

Could you please give us an actual quote from Medvedev himself?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Could you please give us an actual quote from Medvedev himself?

It was a print magazine so I don't know exactly where and when he said it (the magazine said "a year ago"). The actual comment was that Medvedev was "thankful that the corruption influencing the refereeing has been reduced". Any Finn can confirm what it says, on page 10 ("KHL:n kahdet kasvot").

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It looks like Jyri Rönn also wants out of KHL, due to having grown tired of of the club officials "playing politics" with the refs. Supposedly in one of his first KHL games, an official from the home team came into the refs locker room during the first intermission and said there won't be any penalties called in this game anymore. THe local linesmen told him that he should bury his whistle in hsi pocket if he wanted to still call games in the league. No more penalties were called in the game and the same person walked into the refs locker room after the game with a bottle of vodka, offered the refs shots and complimented them on how "clean" the game was. After that game Rönn got the most games in the league despite joining later than other others.

loppa*

It looks like Jyri Rönn also wants out of KHL, due to having grown tired of of the club officials "playing politics" with the refs. Supposedly in one of his first KHL games, an official from the home team came into the refs locker room during the first intermission and said there won't be any penalties called in this game anymore. THe local linesmen told him that he should bury his whistle in hsi pocket if he wanted to still call games in the league. No more penalties were called in the game and the same person walked into the refs locker room after the game with a bottle of vodka, offered the refs shots and complimented them on how "clean" the game was. After that game Rönn got the most games in the league despite joining later than other others.

Was it good vodka at least?

Also - no penalties for either team?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I disagree. It was nice to see zero tolerance for hooking, slashing and tripping. Now it resemble more finnish "Liiga". It's takes the time and space away from talented players and I can't see it as a good thing.

They did it better than in Liiga. In Liiga, they let the hooks go but made penalteis for clean hits if they were big. Thats why every one hated those refs. Had they let them play actual hockey, little hooking hadn't hurt.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
It looks like Jyri Rönn also wants out of KHL, due to having grown tired of of the club officials "playing politics" with the refs. Supposedly in one of his first KHL games, an official from the home team came into the refs locker room during the first intermission and said there won't be any penalties called in this game anymore. THe local linesmen told him that he should bury his whistle in hsi pocket if he wanted to still call games in the league..

That's just right for Rönn and most Liiga refs. Liiga refs are worse than hated NHL refs and worse than KHL refs. They whistle every big clean bodychec and give 5 minute penalties way too easily. In KHL, they actually let them play old school hockey after christmas and in the playoffs.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I find it strange that we are compalining about refs here in general. They did really well. Of course refs are always hated. You should read NHL boards. They usually think they must have worst refs in the world, too.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That's just right for Rönn and most Liiga refs. Liiga refs are worse than hated NHL refs and worse than KHL refs. They whistle every big clean bodychec and give 5 minute penalties way too easily. In KHL, they actually let them play old school hockey after christmas and in the playoffs.

Whoa, way to completely miss the point. :shakehead The problem's Finnish refs in recent years have had has been almost entirely due to the head of refereeing in Finland, Arto I. Järvelä. A problem that's being rectified. However, there's not an instance where the CEO or owner of the home team has walked into the refs locker room during intermission to tell them to stop calling penalties. The difference is that Finnish refs are incompetent due to management at top level, Russian refs issue is corruption.

alce*

Whoa, way to completely miss the point. :shakehead The problem's Finnish refs in recent years have had has been almost entirely due to the head of refereeing in Finland, Arto I. Järvelä. A problem that's being rectified. However, there's not an instance where the CEO or owner of the home team has walked into the refs locker room during intermission to tell them to stop calling penalties. The difference is that Finnish refs are incompetent due to management at top level, Russian refs issue is corruption.

I'm sure you can name that CEO or owner, can you? I mean they surely have names, haven't they?:laugh: Your bull****ing about alleged Russian corruption is getting a little tiresome without any proves that could support your claims.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad