How Would you Rate Melnyk's Promise for the Sens?

Will Melnyk have his success to the level of leafs or no?

• Total voters

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Well, he extended the last two guys to come up for new contracts, Chabot and White.

He also paid for Dadonov and Murray signings.

But yes, that's not enough to convince the Ottawa faithful.

Im not an Ottawa fan and its sure not enough to convince me....

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Poll question should sum it up but I will re-inform for those that don't know.

Couple years back Eugene Melnyk made news by stating he did not want to do things the "Leafs way" and from 2021-2026 would spend to the cap each season, giving his team unparalleled success during that time.

So my question is: Does the outcome look better than the Leafs, worse, same, or too close to call

Well if you mean not winning any playoff rounds, then yes Sens can top that.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
If Melnyk does spend to the max, and most prospects pan out then I’ll say yes. I think they will have more success than the Leafs do from 2021-2026. However I can’t make myself believe that will happen with Melnyk at the helm. So I’m going with No.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Lol as a sens fan I search up how old Melnyk is way too often for it to be healthy.

That shows how much I think about his ownership.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
If the goal is to surpass the Leafs then all they need to do is win a playoff series with this current core. That really shouldn't be the goal though, the goal should be the cup.

Personally, I really don't care about comparing the Senators to other teams. Go win a cup in the next 5 years. That's all I care about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad