How will your team be different next season?

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
How will your team be different next season - who stays, who goes, who is added?

For the Hawks, it will be the annual salary cap purge - probably not as bad as after the 2009/10 season but probably worse than after the 2012/13 season.

Players who stay (11): Toews, Kane, Hossa, Saad (RFA), Teravainen, Shaw, Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Desjardins (UFA), Darling.

UFA's who go (6): Rozsival, Oduya, Timonen, Vermette, Carcillo, Richards.

Cap purge trades (4): one of (Sharp/Crawford), Bickell, two of (Kruger/Nordstrom/Versteeg/Rundblad)

Players added (7): Panarin, two of (TvR, Johns, Pokka, Paliotta), three of (Baun/Danault/Hartman/Ross/Rasmussen/Kero/Mashinter), Veteran low cost d-man.

Oduya may be resigned if it's cheap enough (his agent said they would give home town discount - but it still may not be low enough depending on the trades).

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-???-Kane
???-???-Teravainen
Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw
???/???

Keith-Seabrook
???-Hjalmarsson
???-???
???

???
Darling

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hopefully the Habs add a top-6 winger this summer...or two. Maybe move Emelin, hopefully move Parenteau, re-sign Petry.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Hopefully the Habs add a top-6 winger this summer...or two. Maybe move Emelin, hopefully move Parenteau, re-sign Petry.

+ Galchenyuk finally moves to center, permanently.

+ Hopefully Desharnais is out of the picture at that point, although most likely wishful thinking on my part.

+ Most likely young defensemen Beaulieu/Pateryn/Tinordi start being part of the picture more often, albeit I guess you could already say that of Beaulieu.

+ Maybe a young forward makes the cut, probably one of Andrighetto, Hudon or even McCarron.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We'll be "up against the cap with no prospects" like HF always says we are, and we'll probably get better anyway like we always do.

Nomahe

Apr 25, 2015
Hopefully have a new coach. May be 1-2 year lull because no one can really match Babcock but definitely excited to see what happens.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Habs will have Tinordi, Hudon, Andrighetto and possibly even McCarron + Scherbak (Scherbak is a long shot tho) who might be ready to take the next step. This is gonna be a transition year for us, lotsa moves to be made depending on the direction MB wants us to head. Eller is gonna get a bigger role next season aswell imo.

I can see Emelin and PAP being moved in the offseason, not sure about DD. I'd personally like to see him as our 3C.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Chicago has done a great job of navigating this line - lots of talent has departed, but they find the way to fill the void. Richards was a particularly inspired deal.

Bps21*

There's going to be a real coach with real players. Will make for a nice change of pace.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Oilers

Here's how I see our offseason unfolding

-> Chiarelli Hiring

-> Hire one of Babcock, McLellan or Nelson

-> Addition of McDavid

-> Resign Roy to a 1 year cheap deal, clicked with Yakupov and really helped his game, give him another year, if he wants more let him walk and let Draisaitl come up.

-> Add at least 1, hopefully 2 capable Top 4 defensman (1 through trade, 1 through UFA)

-> Add a starting goalie through trade or UFA

-> Buyout/Trade Nikitin

-> Swing Purcell for someone tougher

Prior to the additions this is how I see our lineup

Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
Hall - McDavid - XX1
Roy/Drai - Lander - Yakupov
Hendricks - Gordon - Pitlick

Klefbom - XX2
XX3 - Schultz
Nurse/Ference - Fayne
Davidson

XX4
Scrives

Candidates for XX positions

XX1 - Ward, Bickell, Stewart types
XX2 - Seabrook, Green, Byfuglien, Petry, Ehrhoff
XX3 - Sekera, Beauchemin, Martin, Oduya
XX4 - Niemi, Anderson, Crawford, Ramo, Talbot, Jones, Bernier

Trade pieces ->

#16 Overall, #33 Overall, MTL 2nd, MTL 3rd, OTT 3rd, 2016 1st, Marincin, Purcell, Nikitin, Ference, Schultz, Any prospect in our pool not named Nurse

Draisaitl, Eberle, Yak (Only available if a top pair guy is coming our way and that doesn't mean Phaneuf)

Ideally the forward is someone who can keep up with the speed of Hall and McDavid, crash and bang and battle along the boards and can come to McDavid's defense when necessary

Ideally one defensman we add should be a powerplay capable guy who has a good shot from the point, the other a steady presence who can be relied on for a younger guy to pair with.

Ideally the goalie is someone with previous starter experience, not a back up who has shown promise as that backfired when we added Scrivens and Fasth, I prefer experience at this point.

Hopefully the addition of McDavid, Chiarelli and the new coach can help get these additions and we can become competitive next season.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Leafs will be VERY different next season. Kessel, Phaneuf, Bozak and one of (Both?) of the goalies will likely be gone. Lupul could be gone as well if they can find someone to take him. Leaving the Leafs with Kadri, JVR, Panik, Holland and Komarov up front with Rielly, Polak, Robidas and Gardiner on the back end. Bailey, Brennan, Brown, Granberg and Carrick among others could end up with full time spots next season.

It'll be a very different team. Very young and very ****** most likely.

JVR-Kadri-Panik
Lupul (Assuming he isn't moved)-Holland-Brown
Komarov-Carrick-Leivo
Booth-Sill-Bailey

Rielly-Polak
Gardiner-Granberg
Brennan-Robidas

Could be running with something like that next season (Not taking into account the returns for Kessel, Phaneuf, etc.)

Last edited:

ZeroPT*

The sabres are going to be completely different next year. Like not even close to the same team, at all. Most expect Murray to make a serious play for ROR. We will already be adding Reinhart,Eichel and Kane to our forward ranks so hopefully a huge improvement there. We're likely going to trade for a young back up goalie (Jones/Talbot/Lehner) and sign a vet UFA D-man. Plus prospects like Larsson,Pysyk,Zadorov and Grigorenko (if they're all kept) will all be mainstays and vastly improve the roster.

Having Pysyk instead of Strachan, Benoit and Mess is probably good for an extra like 3-5 wins.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers

Here's how I see our offseason unfolding

-> Chiarelli Hiring

-> Hire one of Babcock, McLellan or Nelson

-> Addition of McDavid

-> Resign Roy to a 1 year cheap deal, clicked with Yakupov and really helped his game, give him another year, if he wants more let him walk and let Draisaitl come up.

-> Add at least 1, hopefully 2 capable Top 4 defensman (1 through trade, 1 through UFA)

-> Add a starting goalie through trade or UFA

-> Buyout/Trade Nikitin

-> Swing Purcell for someone tougher

Prior to the additions this is how I see our lineup

Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
Hall - McDavid - XX1
Roy/Drai - Lander - Yakupov
Hendricks - Gordon - Pitlick

Klefbom - XX2
XX3 - Schultz
Nurse/Ference - Fayne
Davidson

XX4
Scrives

Candidates for XX positions

XX1 - Ward, Bickell, Stewart types
XX2 - Seabrook, Green, Byfuglien, Petry, Ehrhoff
XX3 - Sekera, Beauchemin, Martin, Oduya
XX4 - Niemi, Anderson, Crawford, Ramo, Talbot, Jones, Bernier

Trade pieces ->

#16 Overall, #33 Overall, MTL 2nd, MTL 3rd, OTT 3rd, 2016 1st, Marincin, Purcell, Nikitin, Ference, Schultz, Any prospect in our pool not named Nurse

Draisaitl, Eberle, Yak (Only available if a top pair guy is coming our way and that doesn't mean Phaneuf)

Ideally the forward is someone who can keep up with the speed of Hall and McDavid, crash and bang and battle along the boards and can come to McDavid's defense when necessary

Ideally one defensman we add should be a powerplay capable guy who has a good shot from the point, the other a steady presence who can be relied on for a younger guy to pair with.

Ideally the goalie is someone with previous starter experience, not a back up who has shown promise as that backfired when we added Scrivens and Fasth, I prefer experience at this point.

Hopefully the addition of McDavid, Chiarelli and the new coach can help get these additions and we can become competitive next season.

Great job, bang on for the Oilers.
The goalie we acquire definitely has to be a proven starter.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Very little

We'll rush a prospect or trade a tertiary piece to plug a hole while opening a new one, but nothing substantial is changing

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
2 possibilites

1. We try to improve our roster holes

Let Byron and Diaz walk (thats it, maybe Ramo), trade or sign a 2 RW and a 4/5 D. (Trade Bait: all of our extra seconds and thirds, Granlund/Shore/Reinhart, Raymond, Smid, Hiller/Ramo). We have way too many 3rd/4th liners under contract so we will only add to our top 6 RW position if we add at all.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bennett - Backlund - X
Bouma - Jooris - Colborne
Bollig/Ferland - Stajan - Jones

Giordano - Brodie
Russell - Wideman
X - Engelland
Schlemko

Hiller/Ramo
Ortio

2. Stay the rebuild route and keep our picks and prospects for the future

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bouma - Backlund - Colborne
Bennett - Stajan - Jones
Bollig/Ferland - Jooris - Raymond/Granlund/Shore

Giordano - Brodie
Russell - Wideman
Schlemko - Engelland
Wotherspoon/Smid

Hiller/Ramo
Ortio

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
in my dream land, get rid of glass, let msl walk, sell high on talbot and klein, integrate oscar lindberg to replace glass/sheppard who's probably gone (but personally I wouldn't mind him back), sign petry if the price isn't absurd, look into erik condra, then wait and see.

some of this is contingent on if this whole "jesper fast is terrific in a top 6 role" thing continues.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
It doesn't matter what will be different because
5df393ee1eec163285ff0affc79742ef.png

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
Tatar - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Zetterberg - Sheahan - Nyquist(4.5m)
Jurco(1.25m) - Soderberg(5m) - Pulkkinen(900k)
Miller - Glendening - Ferraro(650k)
Andersson/Callahan/Helm/Weiss

Kronwall - Petry(5.5m)
Dekeyser - Quincey
Smith(1.5m) - Marchenko
Kindl/Ericsson/Lashoff/Ouellet

Mrazek
Howard

I would hope something like this, however unlikely.

Either buy out or find a way to dump Ericsson, Weiss, Helm and Kindl. Franzen on LTIR.

Probably have Blashill behind the bench, a new GM would be nice as well.

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Puempel. Prince or Schnieder on the team. Maybe all or one.
Condra gone.
Goalie likely gone imo lehner i think he asked for a trade and isnt liked
Look to trade off junk pieces to open up spots for kids

slim chance Murray pulls off another Ryan type trade. He says he wants to

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad