How/Why did you start enjoying fighting in hockey?

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I am interested to read why some posters started enjoying watching hockey fights, and how old were they when started taking an interest in them.

I will share my story. I started taking an interest in sports when I was around five years old. From the age of five to around thirteen years old, I thought that hockey fights were stupid and didn't have a place in the game. I remember my father buying me a hockey preview magazine, and I went straight to the Pittsburgh section since they were always my favorite hockey team. There was a paragraph discussing the signing of Eric Godard from the Calgary Flames. I recall my dad telling me how tough of a player he was, and that he will fills a need since Georges Laraque signed with the Montreal Canadiens. I checked Godard's statistics and stated to myself "Wow, this player sucks, I don't want him on the team."

When the 2008-2009 regular season begun, I was excited to watch Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins to begin the season. The first meeting of the Flyers and the Penguin occurred around the third or fourth game of the season. I was pumped up for it. A few minutes in, Godard and Cote line-up with each other on the faceoff. The puck drops, Godard and Cote drop their gloves proceed to get into one of the most entertaining toe-to-toe fight that I have ever seen. I have been a huge fan of hockey fights ever since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad