• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 18.6%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.8%

• Total voters

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Sennecke production:

Last 45 games: 64 points. 1.42 PPG (97 point pace)

Last 25 games: 42 points. 1.68 PPG (114 point pace)

Yeah, that’s exactly the type of offensive progression I want to see from a draft eligible.

For comparison sake, Shane Wright had 26 points in his last 20 games (1.3 PPG) while being surrounded by far better players and people were clamouring to take him 1st overall.
Like yourself.

hahahaha.

But I agree, Sennecke is an interesting prospect.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Drafting Celebrini would accelerate the rebuild by 2-3 years . . . minimum, as he can play on the top line as a wing as of next season and is probably good for 60 pts. as a rookie, if not more, And you can still trade a D for a middle six forward.

Reactions: Rozz and Gustave

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Why, we would get a great RHD again. :laugh:
Or you just flip the pick. If guys like Levshunov or Dickinson are still available at 5-6th, there WILL be teams lining up to trade for our pick, and at least one will overpay.

Drafting Celebrini would accelerate the rebuild by 2-3 years . . . minimum,
At the same time, drafting Celebrini could entirely change where our "competitive window" is. Are Sukuzi and Caufield really the core offensive players we want to build around? Or are they just "vets" to our real elite core, Celebrini and Slaf?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Drafting Celebrini would accelerate the rebuild by 2-3 years . . . minimum, as he can play on the top line as a wing as of next season and is probably good for 60 pts. as a rookie, if not more, And you can still trade a D for a middle six forward.
Drafting Celebrini would most importantly make us a contending team in 3-4 years

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Or you just flip the pick. If guys like Levshunov or Dickinson are still available at 5-6th, there WILL be teams lining up to trade for our pick, and at least one will overpay.

At the same time, drafting Celebrini could entirely change where our "competitive window" is. Are Sukuzi and Caufield really the core offensive players we want to build around? Or are they just "vets" to our real elite core, Celebrini and Slaf?
Suzuki and Caufield were always gonna be vets to our core. They are part of the old regime after all. Suzuki is pretty much entering his prime with the team not even ready to make the playoffs much less so being competitive. By the time we are ready to compete if everything goes well, Suzuki will be in his late 20's so absolutely he will be a veteran.
I've long said that if Suzuki and Caufield are you 2 best players, you aren't going anywhere.
Getting Celebrini would absolutely be a game changer. You can slot Macklin as the #2 C as early as next year and have a decent 1-2 punch of Suzuki and Celebrini.

Reactions: Vachon23

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I'm not opposed to drafting Sennecke, but I am opposed to drafting him at 5th.

If they really want him then I'd prefer to either package Winnipeg's pick to jump up for him, or to trade down with our pick and grab a few assets.

Last edited:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

If they really want him then I'd prefect to either package Winnipeg's pick to jump up for him, or to trade down with our pick and grab a few assets.
At the end of the day he’ll probably go between to 8 to 12 maximum. If Celebrini, Demidov and potentially Lindstrom are gone as Basu seems to think Demidov is potentially in their top 2 forwards then after that, Sennecke might be their guy, taking him 6th instead of around 8 isn’t really a difference. If you like a player and he’s 100% your guy you just take him.

Reactions: bcv and le_sean

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

They both are signed to 8 year deals so yeah, they objectively are who we are building around up front.

If Slaf and theoretically Celebrini are part of that mix too, all the better

Reactions: dinodebino and Rozz

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hypothesis question here.
If you could choose either have only one of those players: Demidov, Catton, Lindstrom or Iginla
OR
Have 2 of those players: Connelly, Helenius, Eiserman or Sennecke.

What option would you choose ?

For example: Demidov vs Helenius + Eiserman.
Tough.

Demidov>
Lindstrom >= Sennecke+Helenius
Iggy =< Sennecke + Helenius

If Lindstrom is cleared medically.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I disagree. Brian Wilde was saying last spring, long before the Combine, that he was told by someone in the Habs org. that the Habs first pick was likely a "non-spectacular," big kid, and Wilde then said that he (Wilde) couldn't divulge the name but the fans would not be happy. I think we now know who he was talking about. And he he was 100% accurate. Professional sports organixations feed info. to media people all the time to "prepare" the fans sometinmes.
Last March’2023:

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Tough.

Demidov>
Lindstrom >= Sennecke+Helenius
Iggy =< Sennecke + Helenius

If Lindstrom is cleared medically.
He is 18 years old...pretty much whatever health issue he has will heal before he begins in the NHL so non issue.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Drafting at 5/6/7 then trading up for Sennecke with the WPG 1st + Barron/Harris + other draft capital would be the dream

Coming away with Lindstrom or Demidov + Sennecke

I feel like if we drop to 6 or 7 they will just call it a day and pick Sennecke though

• Love
Reactions: Rozz and BoneHutson

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Drafting at 5/6/7 then trading up for Sennecke with the WPG 1st + Barron/Harris + other draft capital would be the dream

Coming away with Lindstrom or Demidov + Sennecke

I feel like if we drop to 6 or 7 they will just call it a day and pick Sennecke though
Your dream is to stay put or drop in the lottery??

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think last year's angry Michkov fans will be this year's angry Catton fans...
Looks like it

There's a handful of interesting guys on that Drakkar team. Poirier and Boilard are both interesting options with that COL 2nd if available. Melovsky is a handy player too, wouldn't mind seeing him get a camp invite.

Speaking of overagers, I really hope we use a mid round pick on Romani. Kid's a stud.
Romani certainly had great year. Why such a change?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Last March’2023:

Streets remember Kobe had it first

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Would be extremely happy with Levshunov
I don't see how you can be mad about drafting Levshunov. When HuGo said they won't draft a dman unless he is clearly the best player available, Levshunov is likely the case if he's somehow available at 5th OA.
I'd be mad. I really don't want us to use a premium pick on a player lacking hockey sense. I don't think he fits the HuGo mould anyway.

If they really want him then I'd prefect to either package Winnipeg's pick to jump up for him, or to trade down with our pick and grab a few assets.
He might be gone before the 5th pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad