How TSN views Oilers

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
while that is 100% true, and i agree with every word of it, it's just not going to happen on a public forum like this one. what happens is the hive mentality kicks into high gear and stereotypes and generalizations get repeated as literal truths, and we all know if you repeat a lie enough times to enough people, it eventually becomes accepted as truth by the masses. perception becomes reality with the mob mentality. (hey that rhymes :D)

Thanks. Appreciated.

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
At the time no one was really available to become GM. You can't hire an experience GM is there's no one available.

They could have and should have hired Doug Armstrong instead of Steve Tambellini. At the time, Armstrong was actually doing pro scouting for the Oilers. They completely missed the boat there and I'm not sure what happened.

When MacTavish was hired, they could have gone with someone with more management experience like Jim Nill or they could have hired Brian Burke as another example.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
They could have and should have hired Doug Armstrong instead of Steve Tambellini. At the time, Armstrong was actually doing pro scouting for the Oilers. They completely missed the boat there and I'm not sure what happened.

When MacTavish was hired, they could have gone with someone with more management experience like Jim Nill or they could have hired Brian Burke as another example.
He was with St. Louis when Tambellini was hired. Detroit wouldn't let go of Jim Nill at that time if I recall.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
TSN tweeting about Eichel on opening night because Toronto sucks still. jump on the bandwagon an hour away across the border while the rest of the league is happening.

TSN sucks. lost all respect for them over the years. even for Bob McKenzie - and that's hard to do.

they just have such a biased agenda there that it's like watching FOX news for hockey.

not interested. they can F off.

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
He was with St. Louis when Tambellini was hired. Detroit wouldn't let go of Jim Nill at that time if I recall.

He took a job as the Blues assistant GM in late May and then Tambellini was hired in July. You'd think the Oilers would have known at that point that they were going to go with the whole President/GM thing. Especially when you have a guy like Armstrong already doing work for you.

Jim Nill was hired by Dallas two weeks after the Oilers hired MacT as GM.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
He took a job as the Blues assistant GM in late May and then Tambellini was hired in July. You'd think the Oilers would have known at that point that they were going to go with the whole President/GM thing. Especially when you have a guy like Armstrong already doing work for you.

Jim Nill was hired by Dallas two weeks after the Oilers hired MacT as GM.
Link that he was with the team. EIG was still owner at that time and I doubt Oilers wanted to change GMs at the time. Katz bought the team on July 1, 2008. You timeline doesn't match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad