How to watch the Kings on TV this season

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
No TV, and the radio stream keeps buffering. :mad:

Not to mention I had to activate VPN, because iHeart Radio blocks Kings fans from Europe from listening to the darn radio station.

It's complete shite! :mad:
I will look into this.

This should not be the case.

For future reference any and all issues you have with the iHeart feed you can direct my way please.

• Love
Reactions: Sol and Faterson

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Thanks a lot, Jesse! Looking forward to each & every podcast from you & the team in the new season. Can't imagine my daily 2- to 6.5-mile walks without them.

I'm afraid the entire iHeart platform has been blocked in Europe for years now. You can't even download their app here – it's absent in the app stores. I can only access iHeart via their webpage player after activating VPN.

San Jose's birthday child is pronounced RUSH-kah, in case Nick & Daryl ever notice this thread. :nod:

The Sharks' first goal, leading 1-0 after first period:

Clarke, Björnfot, Pinelli, Tynan & Chromiak on the ice for the goal allowed.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Thanks a lot, Jesse! Looking forward to each & every podcast from you & the team in the new season. Can't imagine my daily 2- to 6.5-mile walks without them.

I'm afraid the entire iHeart platform has been blocked in Europe for years now. You can't even download their app here – it's absent in the app stores. I can only access iHeart via their webpage player after activating VPN.

San Jose's birthday child is pronounced RUSH-kah, in case Nick & Daryl ever notice this thread. :nod:

While the iHeart availability issues are way out of my control I'll see if I can't find anything out and if nothing else this is valuable information.

Thanks!

Reactions: Faterson

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County

Thanks for posting the video. Pass the word over there in Europe…Jesse is looking into this and it will be fixed shortly.

• Haha

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016

The most annoying thing about that clip is seeing that they have multiple angles for the replay which means that hypothetically they could at least stream the in house camera feed but alas... media rights etc

Thanks for posting the video. Pass the word over there in Europe…Jesse is looking into this and it will be fixed shortly.
woah woah woah... I never said it would be fixed.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
First game in 5 or 6 months? Probably not important to show it. Fans shmans.
Meanwhile, the Seattle Kraken live stream their training camp.

Perhaps someday, the Kings will learn about this new technology called "streaming." It is a wondrous thing.

I used to listen to Kings games online back in the early 2000s when I was doing my undergrad out-of-state. Nice to see the Kings are still stuck in that time zone when it comes to adapting to new technologies available to them.

Did they even shoot a season preview show this year for Bally Sports West?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Meanwhile, the Seattle Kraken live stream their training camp.

Perhaps someday, the Kings will learn about this new technology called "streaming." It is a wondrous thing.

I used to listen to Kings games online back in the early 2000s when I was doing my undergrad out-of-state. Nice to see the Kings are still stuck in that time zone when it comes to adapting to new technologies available to them.

Did they even shoot a season preview show this year for Bally Sports West?

They are really trying to build a following for the Kraken. I've been up here for a month and I see quite a bit of Kraken gear walking around, similar to the amount of LA gear I would see. The difference is the population up here is closer to OC or the IE than it is to LA.

But people in general wear more sports stuff up here. It's not a million degrees so you see more jerseys, etc.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
They are really trying to build a following for the Kraken. I've been up here for a month and I see quite a bit of Kraken gear walking around, similar to the amount of LA gear I would see. The difference is the population up here is closer to OC or the IE than it is to LA.

But people in general wear more sports stuff up here. It's not a million degrees so you see more jerseys, etc.
based on what I've seen... the Kraken had better attendance than the Kings last year

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
To be fair who wants to go to LA. They need to do more to make that city look appealing to people. It’s so nasty and unkempt around staples

Reactions: Fishhead

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That may be slightly out of the control of the Kings organization.
Oh I never said it was their duty. I’m just saying why there might be a reason why many people don’t go down there. It’s just not really the most inviting neighborhood. I know a decent amount of people who don’t go because they don’t feel
Comfortable to go. I think if the county did more it’d help the teams there.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Attendance was mostly crap last season because of COVID. A lot of people didn't want to deal with having to get vaccinated or show your negative test result and wait in that line to get through security. I went to quite a few games. That and the mask mandate was a deterrent. Once the arena pulled those requirements attendant shot way up.

Reactions: Sol

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
based on what I've seen... the Kraken had better attendance than the Kings last year

Yep, and tickets for games are more expensive up here. It's still the honeymoon period, but it's not like there aren't other local teams to go see. It doesn't have the ridiculous options of LA, but there is plenty to do, and demand still stays high.

Sports fans here are absolutely rabid, much more intense. The biggest downside is you can't really drive to the arena, parking is ridiculously expensive. They offer free public transport with tickets 2 hours before and after games, so access is pretty good.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Yep, and tickets for games are more expensive up here. It's still the honeymoon period, but it's not like there aren't other local teams to go see. It doesn't have the ridiculous options of LA, but there is plenty to do, and demand still stays high.

Sports fans here are absolutely rabid, much more intense. The biggest downside is you can't really drive to the arena, parking is ridiculously expensive. They offer free public transport with tickets 2 hours before and after games, so access is pretty good.
Kraken fans thought they were gonna get VGK…they got duped. Give them a couple more years of suckage and nobody will care just like most other fan bases that aren’t Canadian.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Attendance didn’t seem to be an issue for the home playoff games, and for once the arena was buzzing, which is something that was sorely missed from the live crowd for many, many years.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Cool, I didn't know you were up in the Seattle area as well!

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Kraken fans thought they were gonna get VGK…they got duped. Give them a couple more years of suckage and nobody will care just like most other fan bases that aren’t Canadian.

That's always a concern, but I'm not so sure. People keep going to Mariners games and this is the first year they've been decent in quite a while. The metro area here is really spread out so it's a commitment to get to the stadium. The Sounders draw like crazy, and the Seahawk passion is as good as it gets. They certainly aren't fickle around here. One of my coworkers told me the UW games get loud. Like really loud.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
ESPN+ will get you all the Kings game if you're out of market, including the nationally broadcasted ones? Like the NHL.tv/gamecenter?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
ESPN+ will get you all the Kings game if you're out of market, including the nationally broadcasted ones? Like the NHL.tv/gamecenter?

Not games on TNT and NHL Network. You would need a cable/sat/streaming service or use an illegal stream. Some of the ESPN Games are on ESPN+ but some aren't. ESPN+ itself has some exclusive national games as well.

ESPN+ shows all games that are on ABC.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
On the topic of broadcasts, the Kings need to bring back the Hrudey-cam, just rename it to Quick-vision.

I watched this game live, and I just remember being so excited getting to see preseason hockey, as it was our first viewing of Jari Kurri in Kings threads.

It was also a rare sight to see the NHL try innovative things back then. The fact that they were able to pull off an outdoor game in Las Vegas back in 1991 is rather astonishing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad