"HOW TO FIX A POWER PLAY" for dummies

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
PP actually seems to be working fine right now. #10 in NHL baby!

2 reasons: Suzuki has finally decided to start shooting again instead of always deferring to Caufield. Guy has a great shot himself & it adds another weapon. Monahan's net front presence. He's so strong down low.

If we could lose Anderson on the PP, it would help a lot.
Suzuki shooting will help Caufield too. Teams know we’re getting it to CC and it’s made us so predictable. If others start shooting it opens up more lanes and might give CC some more room. Also, I’d like to see Slaf instead of Anderson out there.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Suzuki shooting will help Caufield too. Teams know we’re getting it to CC and it’s made us so predictable. If others start shooting it opens up more lanes and might give CC some more room. Also, I’d like to see Slaf instead of Anderson out there.
While I agree with all this, Montreal is sitting 10th in the league for the PP, I believe. Do we have the 10th best choice of offensive players in the league? Not bad for a team that doesn't practice the PP.

Unfortunately, that backwards pass won't disappear anytime soon if the PP is working... :(

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I think everyone wants to see Slafkovsky out there instead of Anderson. He's much better with his stick and in making plays. He can set Caufield up for the one timer off the RW boards.

It also puts another left shot out there. Caufield-Slafkovsky on opposite boards. Matheson-Suzuki point. Monahan net front. I would prefer Guhle over Matheson too, but doesn't look like that's going to happen either.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
So Much useless passes

Watching them try to set themselves up during the PP is the most frustrating thing with this team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad