How to break the funk

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I really don't care if you care. There is a great deal of uncertainty with all this and it seems to be getting larger by the day.

There is exactly zero more uncertainty now than there was going into the season. If you didn't see this coming before the season started, I don't know what to tell you.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
break the funk? Myers, Girgs and Ennis play every shift of the game without getting tired and Des gets his leash off and goes back to demolishing everything...oh and Kaleta finds his old self and Foligno comes back 150% and hits and fights everything...wait...wait...Enroth goes back to Vez' status...on second thought...whens the draft?

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
1) How to overcome the emotional toll of losing so much, actually play with some energy and confidence again, and hopefully win a few more games at some point?
2) Do you think Nolan has an answer for the above?
3) Do you think Murray is concerned about losing this much, or is all well that ends in us picking #1 or #2? If he is concerned about it, do you think he will try to address it in any way?

1- They play with energy, they are just a slow team. Confidence will come with lucky bounces and cliched moral victories, they aren't getting dejected on the ice only in the locker room after games. The are emotionally about losing, not apathetic and that is a good sign that they care.

2- Nolan is keeping them together pretty well, they play for each other as best they can. When players waver they seem to get stern discipline with benchings or scratches, team is still run professionally.

3- Murray cares about the draft, trades and who he wants on the roster going forward. He has had opportunities to address many issues with the team and did absolutely nothing.

ZeroPT*

I really don't care if you care. There is a great deal of uncertainty with all this and it seems to be getting larger by the day.

This season will be remembered because we'll have McEichel hoisting a 30 pound grail over his head after going 3 PPG in the playoffs with a broken leg whilst delivering a baby every intermission.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
This season will be remembered because we'll have McEichel hoisting a 30 pound grail over his head after going 3 PPG in the playoffs with a broken leg whilst delivering a baby every intermission.

That's just unreasonable.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
What changes? Letting Stafford and Stewart walk for just about nothing? Not like either are showing that they can help any team on the bubble. Do you honestly think any free agent worth a **** would remotely consider signing this summer? What you see (except w/ the addition of a top 2 pick and players from Roch) is what you will see next season.

marginally better, yeah..... I'll believe it when I see it. Oh and for those who honestly believe that season will be forgotten, think again. This season will most likely be recorded in NHL history as one of the worse NHL teams ever. Sorry but I am embarrassed to have that distinction.

People said that last summer.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

And how did last summer's UFA season go?

It's way too early to tell if the guys they signed last summer were worth it or not.

About the only thing we do know is that the Mesz gamble hasn't worked out to the point that Mesz should expect a big UFA contract next summer nor will Murray get anything significant for him at the deadline.

SiDC1

Dec 3, 2011
Northern Va

Yes, you're right. The Sabres had a banner summer last year.

Gionta, Moulson, Gorges, Meszaros, and Benoit...... I'm sure Murray was just beating them away at the door. None, none of them have been remotely productive. Most actually hurt the team more than help.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Yes, you're right. The Sabres had a banner summer last year.

Gionta, Moulson, Gorges, Meszaros, and Benoit...... I'm sure Murray was just beating them away at the door. None, none of them have been remotely productive. Most actually hurt the team more than help.

Moulson, Gionta, McCormick all wanted to play here even knowing they wouldn't be a playoff contender, Moulson or Gionta could have probably signed with contenders if they wanted to.

Bps21*

Are there really people who don't understand what they set out to, and have so far managed to, accomplish this season?

SiDC1

Dec 3, 2011
Northern Va
Moulson, Gionta, McCormick all wanted to play here even knowing they wouldn't be a playoff contender, Moulson or Gionta could have probably signed with contenders if they wanted to.

Gionta wanted to be close to home, not surprising. Moulson is from Toronto and has ties to Buffalo area along with Rochester. McCormick resided in Buffalo during the off season. So, there are several personal reasons why those three wanted Buffalo. Still doesn't mean that UFA's will be clamoring to be on the Sabres this summer. I bet the Sabres are relatively quiet unless there is a halfway decent goalie out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad