How soon can Montreal secure home ice against Tampa?

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Son of a *****! Flight prices when up by $200! :cry:

God damn Leafs.. why couldn't they beat Tampa the other night..
Was planning on flying up the 16th but I needed to wait for Montreal to clinch home ice to be sure the first two games would be the end of next week.. now I don't know what to do. I don't feel like paying almost $800 to fly up.

drive. i drove from mtl to halifax this past september.

just make sure you got plenty of ''420'' to make the time go faster..

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
can anyone confirm ? doesnt make sense since they play on Saturday for sure.

Why wouldn't it make sense? NHL tends to have back to back playoff games. No one can confirm anything now, we will have to wait till tonight or this weekend I would assume. Depends when Habs clinch home ice.

Anyway, Bell Center seems to be opened all week next week, all the way up to the 23 of April.

TheDamned

"Only in Montréal"
Aug 5, 2005
Montréal
Why wouldn't it make sense? NHL tends to have back to back playoff games. No one can confirm anything now, we will have to wait till tonight or this weekend I would assume. Depends when Habs clinch home ice.

Anyway, Bell Center seems to be opened all week next week, all the way up to the 23 of April.

We'll see.

So that would be

April 16th, 18th, 19th and 21 for the first four games I think.

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I have tickets for the first two homes games. I'm trying to figure out how soon I can book a flight to Montreal. Even if I knew they had home ice now and I booked it today to fly up on the 15th (day before playoffs start) I'm looking at over $500. The longer I wait the more expensive its gunna be.. Trying to figure out the standings here. If Tampa loses tonight, is it still possible for them to get home ice first? :help:

If Tampa loses in regulation time and the Habs win, the Habs secure home ice. TBL have won 3-1 in regular season games this year against the Habs. Each team winning 2-1 in SO's Montreal's win in Tampa Bay (Dec) Tampa's win in Montreal (Nov) and TBL winning 2-1 in OT in Montreal (Feb) and 3-1 in regular time on April Fools Day in Tampa Bay.

The Habs can only secure the extra home game by having an extra point over Tampa, the TBL need to beat both Philadelphia (tonight) Columbus ( tomorrow night) at Tampa Bay and @ Washington (Sunday) to reach 101 pts. if the Habs win both of their games they will finish with 102 pts.

TBL's chore will be made all the harder as Philly and CBJ's are still tied for pts @ 91pts with Det. and are themselves vying for home/ice between themselves. So the games have meaning for each franchise and will likely be tough playoff like matchups, with TBL playing a rested CBJ tomorrow after playing Philly tonight.

So there you have it, I believe the Habs will win tonight and make 100 points for the season, when they play the NYR's (Sat) it will be to break the 100 point barrier. Truly the mark of a "Elite Contender" SC playoff team, not a pretender or cinderfella team.:laugh::laugh:

Anyway I hope you get your answer tonight and enjoy the playoff games @ the Bell Center and Montreal, the only real hockey experience or extravaganza event for NHL playoffs.:handclap:

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
If Tampa loses in regulation time and the Habs win, the Habs secure home ice. TBL have won 3-1 in regular season games this year against the Habs. Each team winning 2-1 in SO's Montreal's win in Tampa Bay (Dec) Tampa's win in Montreal (Nov) and TBL winning 2-1 in OT in Montreal (Feb) and 3-1 in regular time on April Fools Day in Tampa Bay.

The Habs can only secure the extra home game by having an extra point over Tampa, the TBL need to beat both Philadelphia (tonight) Columbus ( tomorrow night) at Tampa Bay and @ Washington (Sunday) to reach 101 pts. if the Habs win both of their games they will finish with 102 pts.

TBL's chore will be made all the harder as Philly and CBJ's are still tied for pts @ 91pts with Det. and are themselves vying for home/ice between themselves. So the games have meaning for each franchise and will likely be tough playoff like matchups, with TBL playing a rested CBJ tomorrow after playing Philly tonight.

So there you have it, I believe the Habs will win tonight and make 100 points for the season, when they play the NYR's (Sat) it will be to break the 100 point barrier. Truly the mark of a "Elite Contender" SC playoff team, not a pretender or cinderfella team.:laugh::laugh:

Anyway I hope you get your answer tonight and enjoy the playoff games @ the Bell Center and Montreal, the only real hockey experience or extravaganza event for NHL playoffs.:handclap:

Not true because we can clinch with just 1 point if the Lightning lose in regulation. First tiebreaker is ROW and if they lose they can't catch us in that even if they win their last 2 and we both finish with 99 points. We have the edge 39 to 36 right now in that ROW stat. So they have to win out to guarantee home ice. We just need any combo of 3 points except OT/SO win + OT/SO loss to guarantee playoffs.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Home ice don't really mean much. Really not much home ice advantage today. Not like years ago when we had to go into the 185 x 80 Boston Garden, old Aud in Buffalo was about same size, Black Hawks pipe organ or the old noisy Nassau Coliseum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad