How soon before we see a Jersey/ Logo rebrand?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
With the influx of young talent now in the bluejackets system, the recent long term signings of Gaudreau and Laine, and the blue jackets regularly listed as one of the more generic Jersey/Logos in the NHL, how soon do we see a rebrand ? Anyway, I found these on Reddit, and honestly love the look , wanted to see everyone’s thoughts .
CCEFDA59-46A3-4E68-89D7-F80AC92337F4.jpeg

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I don’t know when we’ll see a rebrand but if/when we do I suspect it will include a new logo design and perhaps new lines and sweater design while retaining, generally, the color scheme. So none of those in the link, I’d guess.

Reactions: KJ Dangler

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Based on the fact they are ditching the red pants on road games this season , yet the blue in our jerseys is a different shade than the blue pants , makes me wonder if a rebrand isn’t coming soon . Looking at the top 2 jerseys , personally I’m a fan of these colors , moving away from the red . Although I do like the shoulder patches on the bottom right jersey .

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Hopefully not for a long time

There’s nothing wrong with the current look
You’re a fan of having mismatched blue pants , different from the Jersey ? And having red pants for home , and blue for away ? My guess is with the adidas deal expiring , we will probably see a rebrand when Nike, or whomever wins the contract takes over. Perfect time for a fresh start, with guys like Jiricek, KJ, Mateychuk, Sillinger becoming well known, as well as sells lots of new merchandise .

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
You’re a fan of having mismatched blue pants , different from the Jersey ? And having red pants for home , and blue for away ? My guess is with the adidas deal expiring , we will probably see a rebrand when Nike, or whomever wins the contract takes over. Perfect time for a fresh start, with guys like Jiricek, KJ, Mateychuk, Sillinger becoming well known, as well as sells lots of new merchandise .
Not sure what our young prospects have to do with rebranding the logo…

Anyway, I’m good with what we have now (I’m a big fan of the blue pants) and even considering bringing back the ancient jersey with Stinger on the shoulders is unforgivable in my book

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Where are you getting the new blue pants are a different shade of blue?

I realize when they did the trial run with the reverse retro it wasn't a perfect match but surely that has been addressed in this release.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Not sure what our young prospects have to do with rebranding the logo…

Anyway, I’m good with what we have now (I’m a big fan of the blue pants) and even considering bringing back the ancient jersey with Stinger on the shoulders is unforgivable in my book
Usually the perfect time to rebrand a product is when you know you will have a hot product… current jersey appeals to people mainly in Ohio . Rebranding creates excitement within fan base , but also attracts new fans .

Reactions: DougKnowsBest

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Usually the perfect time to rebrand a product is when you know you will have a hot product… current jersey appeals to people mainly in Ohio . Rebranding creates excitement within fan base , but also attracts new fans .
I’m just trying to recall when an NHL team has done a complete rebrand based on new prospects

Changing the main logo for the third time in 20 years also seems desperate

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Nothing wrong with the current logo. Maybe the jersey changes a little bit when the new jersey supplier takes over depending on who that is but the logo is fine. The cannon belongs on the 3rd jersey only. We don't need a primary logo that spells out the entire team name on the front.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I’m just trying to recall when an NHL team has done a complete rebrand based on new prospects

Changing the main logo for the third time in 20 years also seems desperate
It’s not just current prospects… it’s launching a new era .. let’s face it, to most in the nhl we have been a joke of a franchise , like how may playoff wins do we have ? Then, Columbus was designated/ branded as a place no player would ever want to go . That changed starting with Werenski, then you had Gaudreau, and Laine.. we have a prospect core that the rest of the league is taking notice .. a rebrand is like a fresh start . You have an exciting group of marketable talent, and a fresh new look … Nearly every poll out there has Columbus as one of the worst jerseys in the league .

Last edited:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
My vote also goes to keeping the current jersey and equipment set up.
It keeps consistency and doesn't appear desperate on the CBJ part to change things up because they had a reset....otherwise they could change their look every 5-7 years.

We'll be getting a new reverse retro soon, and I also foresee CBJ getting an outdoor game in the next 2-3 years so that will be another new jersey.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Nearly every poll out there has Columbus as one of the worst jerseys in the league .
Odd you say that because I’ve worn my jersey to Montreal, Boston, Philly, Long Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan, S Florida and Tampa and I’ve never heard anything but compliments on our jerseys. Especially when you explain all the thoughtful meaning in the different elements of the logo.

Tecmo

Jul 24, 2022
Ohio
Adidas is not renewing its licensing contract with the NHL which expires after the 2023-24 season. The league is now looking for a new licensed apparel partner. I wouldn't expect any changes before that happens.

Adidas won't return as NHL's official apparel supplier following 2023-24 season, per report
This is also my take, nothing happens until a new apparel partner takes over. Even then, I don't expect drastic changes to any NHL team sweater or logo. I like our stuff, but the flag shaped as a C, well I don't always see a C! The cannon would be a great primary logo or perhaps a Civil War looking solider as we've seen with some off the fan-made stuff online over the years.

Reactions: KJ Dangler

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
The cannon as pictured is much too detailed to be a primary logo in my opinion.

Figure out how to simplify the cannon and incorporate a "C" and I'm down.
I've thought about this too. I've tried to redesign the logo by drawing a side profile of cannon but it always ends up looking too simplistic and boring. The current "AC/DC album cover rip-off" cannon looks much cooler because it's on a better angle but I kind of agree that there are a lot of details in it.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
It’s not just current prospects… it’s launching a new era .. let’s face it, to most in the nhl we have been a joke of a franchise , like how may playoff wins do we have ? Then, Columbus was designated/ branded as a place no player would ever want to go . That changed starting with Werenski, then you had Gaudreau, and Laine.. we have a prospect core that the rest of the league is taking notice .. a rebrand is like a fresh start . You have an exciting group of marketable talent, and a fresh new look … Nearly every poll out there has Columbus as one of the worst jerseys in the league .
Talk to the Columbus Crew about how “rebrands” usually go.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nearly every poll out there has Columbus as one of the worst jerseys in the league .
[citation needed]

Most of the polls I see have us around the middle to upper half. Some poll articles do legit hate it, but those are usually the same sorts of folks who will claim Toronto's look is great while Tampa Bay's is awful. Or, in other words, overwhelmingly biased idiots whose opinions don't matter and who are salty because of it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
My stupid team did it. (the short lived Team Canada 2016 jersey knock off which has now been replaced by going back to our throwbacks full time)

Don't do things my stupid team does.
I think the cure justified the disease to an extent there, but we don't have anything anywhere near as awesome as the Kachina design squirreled away in our history to work with.

Reactions: MAHJ71

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Winning changes everything. This team wins games and wins respect you'd be amazed at how much uniforms and logos gain respect to go with them

How many of those polls have Detroit's horrible winged wheel ranked highly? It is a team that has a history of winning and therefore the logo gained respect over the years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad