OT: How old is everyone?

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
24 b 25 next month. crazy that ive love this team so much and theyve never really been good the entire 17 years ive been a fan. theres a few things i truely love in life...cars, beautiful women, and the islanders. i understand why there is so many bipolar threads on here, because every single person on here is dying for this team to be good....if i ever get to see isles win the cup, it will be so rewarding

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
24 going on 25. Halfway to 30...yikes.

Is there an age where we're expected to be grown up or does it just never happen?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
24 b 25 next month. crazy that ive love this team so much and theyve never really been good the entire 17 years ive been a fan. theres a few things i truely love in life...cars, beautiful women, and the islanders. i understand why there is so many bipolar threads on here, because every single person on here is dying for this team to be good....if i ever get to see isles win the cup, it will be so rewarding

"I spent most of my fortune on chicks, booze and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I'm happy to report, that I got two interesting bits of information here:

1. Assuming that people voted in the poll and not just answered, it looks like we have a pretty mixed group of people in this place and Im not the only 40yr old.

2. My assumption that someone here was very young, was correct. I can rest easy in the thought that with age, comes wisdom.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm patiently waiting for startaninfection to reveal his age. :laugh:

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
I'll be 22 in less than a month. 11 years ago I was sitting on the floor of my mothers room watching the Isles-Maple Leafs playoff series. I think that is my first Islanders memory

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
31, technically they won a Cup in my lifetime but I was 1 and have no recollection of this. Ditto for the Mets in 1986.

Pnut

Just turned 35 in September, became a fan in 1985 (about 28 years ago) on an OT winner against the Rags. Think the score was 6-5 or 5-4.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
44...my brother took me to my first Islanders game in 1976. I've been a fan since. I moved from Long Island, but still have friends there and make it back to a few games per season. I lived on Manchester Drive across from the polo ground entrance to the Bethpage State Park.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
36, newly married, no kids yet or probably ever. Wife is a Sabres fan. I don't want her to be happy tonight.

Give the decision on kids some time. I did not have my son (well, my wife actually had him! :) ) until I was 38! I am so happy I did. I love my wife, but there is no one other than him that I'd rather spend time with! He and I watch the Islanders games religiously. He knows so much and it is a joy passing on my passion to my boy! If you don't have kids, that is cool, too. Having kids is not the end all, be-all event, but I've very much enjoyed the experience so I would not completely write it off.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
I am 20 which, strangely, is not an option.

From a guy who is a survey methodologist, I feel your pain! The first two rules for surveys are...mutually exclusive categories and exhaustive categories, and the latter rule was violated! :)

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
57 years old. I was 16 and a junior in high school when I listened to the first Islander regular season game on radio and have been a fan ever since. Isles lost 3-2 to the Atlanta Flames with Eddie Westfall and Billy Harris getting the goals and Gerry Desjardins in nets (Billy Smith was the backup)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad