OT: How old are you?

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
I am 24....in 1 year I have been alive for 1/4 of a century... I'm so "old" I remember the thread on the main board that Prucha > Crosby.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
A lot of young punks on this board....have to stop arguing with children !!

giphy.gif

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
These boards are much better when all of us young punks are conversing with all you old farts ;)

You guys should post more often if possible

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
Lev can confirm this, but, I also remember seeing Lev and Pizza at another Rangers board where a few members from RFC Graffiti wall went to...Larry Melnyk used to be at Graffiti Wall, also. And, Fish went off and started Outside the Garden, which is where JOrts ended up. JOrts was a legend.

Bringing back some legends! Larry was angry. Remembered Fish, from down under, very well. Met him and Jackson Ranger at a game. I remember thinking then, hey, this Internet thing, it's going to be big!

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Bringing back some legends! Larry was angry. Remembered Fish, from down under, very well. Met him and Jackson Ranger at a game. I remember thinking then, hey, this Internet thing, it's going to be big!

LM was just blustery.

Oh man I had completely forgotten about the RFC Graffiti wall.

Such a 90s style web design.

If you think this place is reactionary, Graffiti Wall puts it to shame in that department. It got too over the top for me.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I remember having quite a few debates with Melnyk back in the day.

Respected where he was coming from, but we probably only agreed about 10 percent of the time.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Respected where he was coming from, but we probably only agreed about 10 percent of the time.
Dedalus and I had a debate regarding the lockout that lasted a year and a half. He was proven to be correct, but it lasted a while.

Then there was JR#9. Had battles with him. But also had beers with him at several games.

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site

Unless you agreed everyone blew, he didn't agree. Enjoyed his conversations because he was knowledgeable. Was easier when there were fewer of us and you didn't get lost in threads.

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
Good god the boards are young. When I first started posting at the old hf boards I was in the 16-20 range. Now that i'm in the 34 in the 31-35 range, I'm saying to myself, "where has the time gone." FML

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Good god the boards are young. When I first started posting at the old hf boards I was in the 16-20 range. Now that i'm in the 34 in the 31-35 range, I'm saying to myself, "where has the time gone." FML

I started on the official board when I was 14, I think. I'm turning 30 soon. 1 or 2 posters from that board post here. One of them is Levitate. I remember him being like 19 at the time and I thought he was so mature and adult. :laugh:

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
And Malhotra was going to be the next Brian Skrudlund. Which he kinda did end up being. At least Malhotra was pretty successful in his career. Lundmark had a great camp his first year. He did look like Roenick. He didn't make the team because of how Manny was treated by Muckler the year before. I'm sure Lundmark's career would have ended up the same BUT I wonder sometimes what could've been. Cherneski is another guy that could've been a special player. (Well special to the Rangers at least)

It's amazing to think that the Rangers had two top 10 picks and both players busted. It's not like the Rangers were reaching for Brendl or Lundmark either. Still the best draft I have ever watched. It was like a dream come true. The Rangers were kinda rebuilding and it was happening in real time, at least they were taking an interest in the draft again. And both guys ended up sucking.

Ugh. Lundmark was my all-time biggest let-down in terms of prospects. Dube, Brendl, Grachev, Jessiman all come close.

I remember the Lundmark - Yzerman comparisons. Even at the time, it seemed outlandish, but I don't think the Rangers ever had a prospect that EVERYONE was so sure would be a hit.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Ugh. Lundmark was my all-time biggest let-down in terms of prospects. Dube, Brendl, Grachev, Jessiman all come close.

I remember the Lundmark - Yzerman comparisons. Even at the time, it seemed outlandish, but I don't think the Rangers ever had a prospect that EVERYONE was so sure would be a hit.

Truthfully, even a lot of scouts really liked him.

There was talk from other teams about him being the steal of the draft, a safe bet to play in the NHL even if he wasn't an elite offensive talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad