How much would league revenues go up...

deltamachine

Mar 30, 2013
considering the state of the franchise and the mania that would accompany a deep playoff run? Would the projected cap increases being thrown about based on past trajectory be too conservative? I get that this is revenue generation from one team, split 31 ways and one could argue that fan interest is close to saturation anyway with the Leafs so any increase in revenues would be marginal at best, but then again, Toronto is Toronto and you couldn't get a bigger market than this.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I think we'd only see a blip if the Leafs won.
The amount of money that would be generated off Toronto Maple Leafs Stanley Cup Champions would be staggering I think.
I can't see a dozen or so playoff games moving the needle that much.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
considering the state of the franchise and the mania that would accompany a deep playoff run? Would the projected cap increases being thrown about based on past trajectory be too conservative? I get that this is revenue generation from one team, split 31 ways and one could argue that fan interest is close to saturation anyway with the Leafs so any increase in revenues would be marginal at best, but then again, Toronto is Toronto and you couldn't get a bigger market than this.
TV deals are locked in so the only beneficiary would be the ones who own them. The NHL only gets more when they negotiate a higher value deal next time.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
no. playoffs revenues are all the teams.

That's what I thought - so a deep Leafs playoff run would probably not matter all that much.

I can't see extra TV revenue generated from a deep playoff run being shared either, though the particulars of such an agreement are probably already laid out iron clad in the league's TV deal agreement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad