Line Combos: How Much Is The Lost Defensive Acumen Going To Hurt?

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
We added Schen and McCabe at the deadline last yr.

Last yr regular season before the deadline

Mo
Brodie
Holl
Ljilgren
Gio
Sandin
Timmins
Benn

This yr

Mo
Brodie
McCabe
Klingberg
Ljiligren
Gio
Timmins
Simone Benoit

Personally I think we have a better D to start the season.

We will move the puck better with Klinkberg

Gio will be rotated with Tmmins or Beniot

Treliving will make whatever changes he needs to do at the deadline. Probably a dman in the mold of Schenn.

Bunting was not good in the done enter Bertuzzi who is much better offensively .

Domi for a full yr instead of ORielly

Knies instead of Kerfoot

I think our team will have more speed this yr and tougher

I think Benoit is supposed to be this year's Schenn. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on a better team than Anaheim. I'm pulling for the big guy to be an impact player on this team.

Yeah I have concerns about the D for sure but this isn't game 1 yet and they can make and adjustment at the TDL to shore things up too. I think this is a really big year for Lilly as he needs to cement himself in the top 4 or get leapfrogged by whoever they are going to rely on in the playoffs.

I'm really hoping they trade Nylander for a young RHD on his breakout threshold.

I've been hoping that for years though.

Reactions: horner

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
With most of the free agency movement likely over, it's a clear consensus that the Leafs got better offensively, but worse defensively. In fact, based on Dom Luszczyszyn's model the Leafs have gotten a collective 14 goals worse after these departures and additions.
Regular season points are not that important as playoff points. Bertuzzi and Domi add a lot of those. Besides, now they have people ready to storm the crease. This adds another dimension to their game.

Klingberg with his passing is another weapon they lacked last year. Reilly mostly moves the puck via skating, his passing ability is limited.

Leafs are better now without any doubt. They lack a center and a good dman at the very least, but they gonna be fun to watch this year.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'm sure there's a hot-zone-chart showing possession number combining last year's players and projected with this year's players?

You don't have to defend if you have the puck.

Where are the advanced stats experts?

Are the new guys better at possession?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino