Speculation: How much is Schenn going to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I think he'll get 5 years at 5.5 mil. He was expected to pick his game up last year and show more consistency and he did just that. I think Hextall will be comfortable with the term and I think Schenns production warrants the amount

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Look at it this way:
Opkoso just got 7 years at 6 mill per and is 28.
Rielly Smith I got 5 years at 5 million and is 25.

Schenn still has 2 RFA years, doesn't put up the points Okposo does, and is 25 in a month. But he does put up more than Smith.

So people should not worry about. 6 million dollar deal. Hextall will just say no. Expect it to be between 5.25-5.75. Anything higher is overpayment, anything lower, is a great deal.

2 RFA years or just 1? Isn't RFA period only 6 years? 3 year ELC and then 3 years beyond that

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Schenn is going to want a little more than Reilly Smith. But I don't think Hextall is going to give him more than Andrew Ladd.

Still looking like $5.5M AAV is going to be the number.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Seems pretty simple to me.

Forsberg got 6 years at 6 million AAV

Smith got 5 years at 5 million AAV

He's not on Forsberg's level who imo took a slight hometown discount. He's better than/has more upside than Smith who I think was overpaid.

This probably puts Schenn at 5 years at 5.5 AAV.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
This is his last year of rfa eligibility. To say the market will have nothing to do with his contract discussions currently, in a contract that is buying almost all Ufa years is dumb.

But....he doesn't have a ton of leverage, if they can't find a common ground, he accepts the 1 year and sees what happens. Its a risk on both ends, that's why the rules are in place. If he wants 6/36. He can go be traded. Flyers can't saddle themselves with that quite yet.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'm really believing that if he is extended, there will be a good amount of unhappy people.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Hextall only gives out long term deals to core players.

See G, Vora and Coots.

I am curious if he believes in Schenn to give him 5+ years. Everything below 5.25 would be awesome.

i agree with this and I think if Hexy believed that much in him he would've already been signed. Something tells me that Hexy isn't 100% sold on Brayden. He did contribute to trading him from LA after all. :sarcasm:

ETA: I don't want anything more than 5 per but I assume I'll be a little disappointed when it gets done. Hopefully not REAL disappointed.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
What if Schenn says he'll sign for $3 million but only if they bring back Luke with a full NMC and as long as he's healthy he's playing regular minutes? Do you do it?

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I would go out to 6 years if it keeps the Salary closer to 5MM.

6 years x 5.5MM hopefully 5.25MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad