Speculation: How much is Schenn going to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Hextall only gives out long term deals to core players.

See G, Vora and Coots.

I am curious if he believes in Schenn to give him 5+ years. Everything below 5.25 would be awesome.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
Normally I would say $5.5 million per year tops, but based on some of the contracts being given out, I say anywhere between $6.5 million $7.5 million wouldn't shock me.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
He's not a UFA. The "market" means nothing.

This is his last year of rfa eligibility. To say the market will have nothing to do with his contract discussions currently, in a contract that is buying almost all Ufa years is dumb.

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm happy with anything under $6m.

If he keeps up what he did in the second half of last season he'll be worth even more than that but there's always the risk that he had a bit of a lucky boost during the year before a new contract.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Let's say Schenn wants something crazy. Do we shop him or play hardball and wait it out? I forget how arb works, can either side elect it or does it have to be mutual?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Let's say Schenn wants something crazy. Do we shop him or play hardball and wait it out? I forget how arb works, can either side elect it or does it have to be mutual?

Either side can elect to go to arbitration. The team can only elect to take a player once, a player can elect to go as many times as he wishes. It really depends on how "crazy" we are talking to answer your question though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Normally I would say $5.5 million per year tops, but based on some of the contracts being given out, I say anywhere between $6.5 million $7.5 million wouldn't shock me.

Those contracts were given to UFAs. Schenn is an RFA.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Either side can elect to go to arbitration. The team can only elect to take a player once, a player can elect to go as many times as he wishes. It really depends on how "crazy" we are talking to answer your question though.

Yeah I'm just starting to get worried. I would have thought this would have been taken care of pre-July 1 so Hextall could have a better handle on the actual FA budget. The longer it takes thee more concerned I get. Arb would be a better option than trading him. If he's being unreasonable after that deal him at the deadline.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Look at it this way:
Opkoso just got 7 years at 6 mill per and is 28.
Rielly Smith I got 5 years at 5 million and is 25.

Schenn still has 2 RFA years, doesn't put up the points Okposo does, and is 25 in a month. But he does put up more than Smith.

So people should not worry about. 6 million dollar deal. Hextall will just say no. Expect it to be between 5.25-5.75. Anything higher is overpayment, anything lower, is a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad