How much does your beer league season cost?

neumann103

Feb 20, 2010
In the UAE.

There are two tiers. The higher level is country wide (playing other cities and the national team). For the lower level, Abu Dhabi and Dubai each have a beer league with 5 or 6 teams.

I take it this is a de-alcoholized beer league.

Introducing the O'Douls Division Champions...

neumann103

Feb 20, 2010
Jesus, some of you guys get off cheap. In Toronto (and I use that term advisedly since most multipad commercial arena complexes capable of running serious leagues are out in the godforsaken suburbs) we pay about $8300 including 13% Tax for a 25 game season (23 games plus at least 2 playoffs). Up until now have been playing 12-10-10 stop time. This year 15-15-15 running clock.

I expected Manhattan to be more expensive but when Abu Dhabi has cheaper ice than Canada...

My second night a week is a bit of an aberration. A more friendly non competitive league where they assign you teams. 30 game season 15-15-15 running clock for $440 although that is the price for Friday which is less than other nights

BlueJazz

Jan 14, 2014
Geeez, $9700 here in San Jose.

I feel you. I'm jealous of all these cheap prices I see. Sounds like San Jose isn't much different in price than Vancouver. Most of our leagues run 30 games, but fees are typically around 11,000-12,500. That works out to about the same as 9700 for 24.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
I feel you. I'm jealous of all these cheap prices I see. Sounds like San Jose isn't much different in price than Vancouver. Most of our leagues run 30 games, but fees are typically around 11,000-12,500. That works out to about the same as 9700 for 24.

I didn't know their was a lot of hockey down there.
That's awesome. I'd love to live in cali and play the game lol.

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
I believe for ours we pay $500 on a team of 15 skaters. That is for 32 games + 2 playoffs games, with the potential to play up to 4 playoff games.
Our rep charges us an extra $50 a year which goes into either a new jersey, socks, skate mat, etc.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
The league costs are the cheap part.

I can throw on $60-$80 or more a week in other costs. Couple of pick ups a week, a public session or two and/or a skating coaching session.

Wife starts up about it, but I don't smoke, don't drink out much or pay gym fees anywhere and even cut my own hair. I'll wager there are people out there wasting plenty more on far less rewarding or enjoyable activities.

Use a bit it gas too getting there and back.

What else is it costing on top of league charges?

CunniJA

Mar 28, 2012
Estes Park, Colorado
I play in leagues in Westminster and Fort Collins, CO. Both are ~$450 for a winter season of ~20 games plus playoffs. Summer season is around $250 for about 10 games plus playoffs. Westminster has a team fee option too and I think it's $7000 for the winter.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
I didn't know their was a lot of hockey down there.
That's awesome. I'd love to live in cali and play the game lol.

I think it's the largest North America adult league, primarily because it's at a 4-rink facility that has scheduled game starts as late as 11:30pm :(

Roscoe

May 18, 2009
We pay 42$/player for a season with around 16 games + playoff.
It's a very beer-y league though with no hitting and no slapshots. So anyone can join.

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
http://www.dakotacc.com/league_play/2013 Adult Hockey Team Registration Form.pdf

Also in Winnipeg: $5800 taxes included for 32 games plus another game or two depending on play-offs.

My team has 15 plus a goalie (who is paying) so that works out to $362.50 per player taxes included. We're getting really sick jerseys plus premium socks which brings each player's tally to about $460 including team fees as well. Top-shelf baby! lol :nod:

Correction, our fees jumped a small amount this season: $5950 for the same season length and details. About $375 per player (rounded up) for my team at 15 players and goalie.

snizzbone*

I think it's the largest North America adult league, primarily because it's at a 4-rink facility that has scheduled game starts as late as 11:30pm :(

8 rinks in Vancouver has 6 rinks (1 figure skating rink, 1 soccer field). With games that late as well.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
In Switzerland:
$ 480.00

1.5 hours every Monday, + 1-2 games per month (friday, saturday or sunday). From tomorrow until beginning of March.

ARightByRoy

Sep 8, 2014
$350 per person
14 Games + 1 "Playoff" game
Games start at 8:45PM or 9:45PM
12minRun-12minStop-12minRun
No score-keeping
No individual stats
No website posting even wins/losses
Only around 50 people register...so usually two teams
The "Captains" force you to switch teams when not enough people show up.
The "Captains" also will on a game-by-game basis join-up and play on the same team (when not enough people show up...or if they just feel like it)
No over-sight by League manager or coordinator
They only provide one Referee
When not enough people show up the Referee will simply dress-out in hockey gear and play with the players, meaning there is no ref.
The rink forces you to register with USA Hockey- which I am generally OK with; however, based on my conversation with USA Hockey and my understanding of their rules and bylaws- the program my rink puts together shouldn't even qualify for USA Hockey.

...Needless to say, I'm looking for a new place to play. :shakehead

ARightByRoy

Sep 8, 2014
$350 per person
14 Games + 1 "Playoff" game
Games start at 8:45PM or 9:45PM
12minRun-12minStop-12minRun
No score-keeping
No individual stats
No website posting even wins/losses
Only around 50 people register...so usually two teams
The "Captains" force you to switch teams when not enough people show up.
The "Captains" also will on a game-by-game basis join-up and play on the same team (when not enough people show up...or if they just feel like it)
No over-sight by League manager or coordinator
They only provide one Referee
When not enough people show up the Referee will simply dress-out in hockey gear and play with the players, meaning there is no ref.
The rink forces you to register with USA Hockey- which I am generally OK with; however, based on my conversation with USA Hockey and my understanding of their rules and bylaws- the program my rink puts together shouldn't even qualify for USA Hockey.

...Needless to say, I'm looking for a new place to play. :shakehead

Oh, yes- no jerseys provided by the teams- you get your own dark or light. No number requirements, we had like three "8's" on the team last year.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
5500 for a team, so about 550 per player or less depending on how many guys we get
10 teams in our current division
20 games + at least 1 playoff game
scorekeepers + 2 refs
we get to pick our goal song with is kinda cool

only real downside is the crappy ice and smaller rink

Walbeb24

Sep 26, 2014
Wallingford, CT
$3000 per team for 10 games.

Usually between 200-300 per guy depending on roster number.

Was thinking of joining another league that charges $5000 for 16 games. Wish there was a 32 game season around here, I hate the month break every 12 weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad