How much does your beer league season cost?

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
Here in Winnipeg a team of 14 men costs about 500 dollars each.

32 season games playoffs are extra
each game we pay the time keeper/ref 45 bucks
that leaves the team with a 410 dollar slush fund.

How much is a season where you live?

snizzbone*

$600 per guy for roughly 30 games late at night (11pm start times). Primetime ice doubles that price.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
$600 per guy for roughly 30 games late at night (11pm start times). Primetime ice doubles that price.

That's interesting that they charge different rates for social hockey times as opposed to varying/ juggling the schedules or playing times for teams. Is this common elsewhere?

I would think that would create almost different classes of team or league, with the professionals or higher earners playing at one time and among themselves and that sort of thing?

Think I paid around $400 for probably around twenty odd games plus hopefully some playoffs. Another thirty bucks a week though to play pick up twice.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
So Jealous. $9200/team 22 games + 2 preseason.

$9200/13/24 = $30/game :( Most of the games are Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed with start times between 10:45pm and 11:30pm.

wils5150

Mar 19, 2014
massachusetts
ours is $5195 for 25 regular season games and playoffs I think you get something like $400 off for early payment so it comes out to 350ish a man

bluuuurr

Apr 14, 2013
Germany
405 for skaters, 205 for goalies. Omaha Nebraska.

The season runs Nov-Apr with weekly games. I believe there are six weeks of practice before the season begins.

Malreg

May 12, 2011
Less of a beer league and more of a group of 22 guys that play together every week. 1 guy organizes, makes different balanced teams every week.

$550 for 34 games. We play tuesdays 10:30 p.m - midnight. The $550 pays for the ice-time and the referee (about $45 a week). Spares have to pay $20 a game, and all that money goes towards the next season to help lower the cost, so a regular does not get reimbursed if they miss a game.

I much prefer this over a league... Everyone knows each other, so there's never any fighting or tomfoolery.

BlueJazz

Jan 14, 2014
With 16 guys on the roster, I'm paying $650 for 30 games + 1 guaranteed playoff game. Obviously less guys would mean a higher cost, but since there always seems a be a 2-3 guys missing every game, we're hoping we'll hit the optimum 13 skaters on a typical night. Of course as it's a new team, we're also all forking out another $150 for home & away jerseys. We have a mix of some reasonable icetimes (8-9 oclock starts), and worse icetimes (10-11 starts)

In the spring I paid $300 for 16 games, also with 16 on the roster.

There are a number of leagues around Vancouver, and from what I've heard where I'm playing is middle of the road cost wise. I've heard of guys paying 800-1000 for a season, though this typically comes with some better icetimes, and I know there's a leagues that are cheaper (but all icetimes are very late (10 oclock is an early start).

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
It is around 250 to 275 (10 players $275 12 players 250) a player for 12 games of 12 minute stop clock periods at the ISF in Brandon, Florida.

manictech

Apr 9, 2012
Tucson,AZ
Geez you guys have long seasons. Mine is 120 per player for 8 games + plays off. It's guaranteed 9 but you could possibly play 10 or 11.

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
http://www.dakotacc.com/league_play/2013 Adult Hockey Team Registration Form.pdf

Also in Winnipeg: $5800 taxes included for 32 games plus another game or two depending on play-offs.

My team has 15 plus a goalie (who is paying) so that works out to $362.50 per player taxes included. We're getting really sick jerseys plus premium socks which brings each player's tally to about $460 including team fees as well. Top-shelf baby! lol :nod:

Last edited:

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Burnaby 8 rinks:

Games: 28 regular season plus 2 guaranteed playoff.
Game format: 10-15-15 Stop time.
Overtime: As req’d; 5 minute run time, sudden victory.
Price: $11,600.00 taxes included.
Deposits: $1500 at registration.

It's essentially $900 per player. I like ASHL but it's becoming cost prohibitive for a lot of teams and it's probably going to get bumped up every year until they find the ceiling. The facilities themselves are really showing their age as well, pretty ghetto for the price you pay.

Last edited:

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
Burnaby 8 rinks:

It's essentially $900 per player. I like ASHL but it's becoming cost prohibitive for a lot of teams and it's probably going to get bumped up every year until they find the ceiling. The facilities themselves are really showing their age as well, pretty ghetto for the price you pay.

That is super pricey wow.

hlrsr

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby 8 rinks:

Yeeep. Planet Ice Delta - $12,500 for 32 games plus min. 2 playoff.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I think ours is about $4000/team or $310/player for a season, or $20/game:

13 game regular season + 3 playoff games.

Used to be $3500/team or $350/player for the same season length so it was preferable for the team fee if you had a team of 11+ that would reliably show up. My first season we did (group of 13: 4D, 3 lines) but last season we were right at 10 most of the time so it didn't really make a ****.

Don't remember what the goalie fee is but I want to say they played for half price or less, though they were included in the team fee.

Last edited:

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
That is super pricey wow.

Huge demand, there simply aren't enough rinks and with some of the most expensive real estate in the world, getting additional facilities close to Vancouver is unlikely.

Vancouver is just an extremely expensive city in general, comes with the territory.

Yeeep. Planet Ice Delta - $12,500 for 32 games plus min. 2 playoff

The Delta Planet Ice ice is awful and the league is poorly run. Played co-ed there for a bit and hated it, would rather pay the bit extra to be in the ASHL. I know quite a few guys who left Delta and Coquitlam to join 8Rinks and most of them say they'll never go back.

hlrsr

Sep 16, 2006
The Delta Planet Ice ice is awful and the league is poorly run. Played co-ed there for a bit and hated it, would rather pay the bit extra to be in the ASHL. I know quite a few guys who left Delta and Coquitlam to join 8Rinks and most of them say they'll never go back.

I play in both leagues. The ice isn't that bad in the winter, though I think I recall hearing Coquitlam ice is horrendous. Delta has probably the biggest dressing rooms you'll find around, though.

As for the league, ASHL certainly runs a tighter ship but I've been at Delta for 8 years now and I am by no means fed up with the league. Quality of games themselves including refs and whatnot, I don't see a significant difference between the two (prefer PI penalties to the 4 minute everythings and "headshots" in ASHL, but I get why they do it). I do like the flexibility PI offers by not running as tight as ASHL does in terms of payment schedule, hanging out after games, etc.

Planet Ice wins the playoff format by a mile, though. Best of 3 all the way through as opposed to that stupid 2-game series then single elimination that ASHL does.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I play in both leagues. The ice isn't that bad in the winter, though I think I recall hearing Coquitlam ice is horrendous. Delta has probably the biggest dressing rooms you'll find around, though.

As for the league, ASHL certainly runs a tighter ship but I've been at Delta for 8 years now and I am by no means fed up with the league. Quality of games themselves including refs and whatnot, I don't see a significant difference between the two (prefer PI penalties to the 4 minute everythings and "headshots" in ASHL, but I get why they do it). I do like the flexibility PI offers by not running as tight as ASHL does in terms of payment schedule, hanging out after games, etc.

Planet Ice wins the playoff format by a mile, though. Best of 3 all the way through as opposed to that stupid 2-game series then single elimination that ASHL does.

Absolutely, just a brutal format for ASHL, one of my biggest beefs aside from price. The thing that really sucks is the week long break between game 1 & 2. I'm glad you're having a decent experience with Planet Ice, it's been 5 years since I played a league game there, hopefully it's gotten better.

snizzbone*

That's interesting that they charge different rates for social hockey times as opposed to varying/ juggling the schedules or playing times for teams. Is this common elsewhere?

I would think that would create almost different classes of team or league, with the professionals or higher earners playing at one time and among themselves and that sort of thing?

Think I paid around $400 for probably around twenty odd games plus hopefully some playoffs. Another thirty bucks a week though to play pick up twice.

The specific league I'm in only offers late night game times 10:30pm and later.. significantly cheaper than the other leagues, which are generally the 'primetime' ice, so they cost a lot more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad