How much does your beer league season cost?

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
That's interesting that they charge different rates for social hockey times as opposed to varying/ juggling the schedules or playing times for teams. Is this common elsewhere?

I would think that would create almost different classes of team or league, with the professionals or higher earners playing at one time and among themselves and that sort of thing?

Think I paid around $400 for probably around twenty odd games plus hopefully some playoffs. Another thirty bucks a week though to play pick up twice.

I'm assuming youth hockey takes the prime time slots as it's more important.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
I'm in Germany right now and I'm paying 100 Euros for 3 months of hockey. (January to March)

Get to skate anywhere from 2-3 times a week(for an hour and a half each), and have a game about every other week. So it comes out to about 12 games. Also there is a 3 day tournament that's only 50 Euros a player.

Pretty great deal right now compared to some of these other prices I'm seeing. Only downside is that our games aren't in an actual league, they're just friendlies against other local teams. tournament is for leagues all across Europe though and is supposedly a ton of fun.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
$480/skater, $100/goalie

27 game max-26 game minimum

Thursday nights at either 7:00, 8:00 or 9:00pm at the same rink

You can spare for free if another team needs a player. It's basically pick-up with refs as it's a 6 team league and we draft new teams every year- and balance teams if need be.

10 free wings per player at a near-by tavern, too.:laugh:

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Surprised to see Goalies pay less than players.

On my team the goalie pays the same as everyone.. lets us know when he can't make it in advance and get a replacement.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Burnaby 8 rinks:

Games: 28 regular season plus 2 guaranteed playoff.
Game format: 10-15-15 Stop time.
Overtime: As req’d; 5 minute run time, sudden victory.
Price: $11,600.00 taxes included.
Deposits: $1500 at registration.

It's essentially $900 per player. I like ASHL but it's becoming cost prohibitive for a lot of teams and it's probably going to get bumped up every year until they find the ceiling. The facilities themselves are really showing their age as well, pretty ghetto for the price you pay.

Wow..... That's ridiculous.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Two different rinks in Sd:

19 games 560 for 10 skaters with stats on less than stellar ice
14 games 325 for 11-12 skaters (bar sponsor helps lower the cost) without stats on arguably the best ice in San Diego

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
In the UAE.

There are two tiers. The higher level is country wide (playing other cities and the national team). For the lower level, Abu Dhabi and Dubai each have a beer league with 5 or 6 teams.

Theres actually 3 levels now. EHL at the top, Camels in Dubai with 12 teams which many of the EHLers play in and a good league, plus a 3 team "beginner" league withe womens Gazelles plus a couple of other teams.

Seeing the prices people pay in Canada floors me when in Dubai its $600 USD for 21 games.

Though Al Nasr Leisureland ice is soft as hell and there is no glass plus the boards and the flooring is falling apart. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad