How much do you think the draft has affected your team?

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
I think you mean the Canucks MESSAGE BOARD got better by Vegas taking Sbisa..

Cuz the D and team is weaker without him.

Yeah, you've made your unconditional love for Benning's acquisitions clear in the past. I don't see how getting rid of a replacement-level defender making $3.6m/year could be anything but a positive.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Yeah, you've made your unconditional love for Benning's acquisitions clear in the past. I don't see how getting rid of a replacement-level defender making $3.6m/year could be anything but a positive.

That's a beautiful dismissal of my point by hyperexgerrating my idealogy. You are simply wrong about the caliber of dman Sbisa is. Like the rest of the fan base... we'll agree to disagree.

To further oppose your nonsense, I don't think Baertchsi should be retained... another Benning acquisition.

But anyways.. point is.. our team is weaker without Sbisa today.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
That's a beautiful dismissal of my point by hyperexgerrating my idealogy. You are simply wrong about the caliber of dman Sbisa is. Like the rest of the fan base... we'll agree to disagree.

To further oppose your nonsense, I don't think Baertchsi should be retained... another Benning acquisition.

Canucks are weaker. That's sad because Sbisa is one of the dumbest pros I have ever seen.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wild didn't even lose a roster player that they were going to keep this offseason anyway... only loss was a nice prospect in Tuch, but he was expendable due to our high quality deep forward prospect depth.

AND we gained a 3rd round pick besides!

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Literally none, we lost an AHL guy and will replace that guy with a prospect that is much younger and likely has much more upside in about 38 hours from now assuming they keep the 17th pick.

I liked Leipsec but the fact is his loss has no impact on the team

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012

It's really not. Sbisa is objectively bad: Stats, eye-test both confirm this. I doubt he'll have another NHL contract.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
Not many Sharks fans are happy Schlemko is gone. He was great on the 3rd pair last season and really helped solidify our defensive depth, helping to bring the best out of Brendan Dillon after he was chained to and drug down by human tire fire Roman Polak last season.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
:bruins

Remembering that a receding tide lowers all ships, I think the expansion draft has helped the Bruins, albeit slightly. I'm ignoring the secondary trades that will go on now that Vegas has 30+ pounds of potatoes in a 23-pound sack. The Bruins lost Colin Miller, who's probably a solid 5-6 D, but nothing more. We've already got two other defensemen who fit that bill, including one with the same name.

I'm not saying Colin Miller was bad for the team; the team would be better with him on it. But other teams got shafted way more than the Bruins.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not much from a CBJ perspective.

The 1st was a late one. We'd already given up our 2017 2nd to Vancouver. Tells me CBJ management thinks this is a draft to skip.

Also Karlsson while a nice 4th line player for us really didn't make much of an impact.

Now they're out from Clarkson's contract which means they have more money at their disposal.

I think it's a pretty big deal imo, getting rid of Clarkson puts the whole Horton fiasco firmly behind management and unshackles then from that terrible contract.

Question now is do they wait to see how the team develops or do they go shopping for an elite scorer?

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Massively.

We lost our #2 Dman for nothing, and our organization is too cheap to invest the new found money in a possible new addition.

Look for Ottawa to take big steps backwards after a great year.

Any Sens fan who thinks he can be replaced internally without it being a massive downgrade is delusional.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Positively. As much as I love MAF that cap space is really valuable and having two starters on the roster was an untenable situation. The 2nd in 2020 is whatever, chances are they can pick up one somewhere else before then and even if they don't it's still worth it.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Well, in fairness, that pick could have picked up a good rental for next year. That's a pretty noticable loss.

Significant trades for rentals are becoming less and less common.

Plus, the Jackets have a very good prospect pool. I'm sure if they wanted to make something happen, they easily could.

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
We wouldn't be where we are today without it.

2008: Schenn (flipped for van Riemsdyk)
2009: Kadri
2012: Reilly
2014: Nylander
2015: Marner
2016: Matthews, technically Anderson
2017: hopefully Liljegren, Valimaki, Brannstrom, or Foote

PRMan

Aug 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, CA
www.product4me.com
As a Kings fan, I know that many of my fellow fans hate McNabb and think we are better off without him. But he's fairly solid and throws some big hits, so I think it hurts a little, as he's basically our #5.

But we have 2 (or more) VERY good young defensemen that I'd like to see make a move (especially Paul Ladue). So this just speeds that up and we still have Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez and Derek Forbort as a very solid top 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad