How much do you think the draft has affected your team?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Minimally for the Oilers. Reinhart likely was pencilled in as the Oilers #7 next year. He's easily replaced, either internally with someone like Fayne or Oesterle, or on the open market with a slew of NHL/AHL tweeners.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Hardly at all? lipstick would not have made our team and would not have cleared waivers so we would have had to trade him for a 3rd or 4rth. So I guess we'll say it cost us a 3rd?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
:flyers

I liked Bellemare as a person, but I think Vegas taking him makes us marginally better.

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
Minimally for the Oilers. Reinhart likely was pencilled in as the Oilers #7 next year. He's easily replaced, either internally with someone like Fayne or Oesterle, or on the open market with a slew of NHL/AHL tweeners.

Reinhart being traded is one of the last reminders of the dark years which is why it's so nice to see it happen. With whatever his name is getting a few awards tonight I can't wait for other team's fanbases to constantly remind us of the number of #1 draft picks where we got whoever they were or crappy contracts dealt out years ago cause us Oilers fans won't be thinking of them anymore. Future looks good!

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I think if the expansion draft negatively affected your team a lot then your team wasn't deep enough to compete for a cup anyways next year.

Not only that but even the guys who some teams lost are fairly replaceable. Maybe a Pickard or Berube type of guy will turn into a starting goalie by some small chance but that's not a loss on something you have right now, it's not like one of those guys are making a big positive contribution to the team now even if they might in the future so I'm not sure I'd use the word 'big loss.'

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Not much from a CBJ perspective.

The 1st was a late one. We'd already given up our 2017 2nd to Vancouver. Tells me CBJ management thinks this is a draft to skip.

Also Karlsson while a nice 4th line player for us really didn't make much of an impact.

Now they're out from Clarkson's contract which means they have more money at their disposal.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Zero. Lost a non nhl player and one pretty much forgotten about with depth at left D

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
:coyotes

Not much. Because of "young players" (forgot the exact definition) being ineligible for selection, our exposed list consisted mostly of a lot of hot garbage.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
Not much from a CBJ perspective.

The 1st was a late one. We'd already given up our 2017 2nd to Vancouver. Tells me CBJ management thinks this is a draft to skip.

Also Karlsson while a nice 4th line player for us really didn't make much of an impact.

Now they're out from Clarkson's contract which means they have more money at their disposal.

Well, in fairness, that pick could have picked up a good rental for next year. That's a pretty noticable loss.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Red Wings - Lost a prospect who could have made a jump to main roster this season. Ken Holland would find a way to give that spot to an aging veteran anyhow forcing him into another season in the minors.

In other words, no change.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Losing Schlemko hurt but I think it will have a pretty small impact. It's not like we lost one of our best players.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
:coyotes

Not much. Because of "young players" (forgot the exact definition) being ineligible for selection, our exposed list consisted mostly of a lot of hot garbage.

Pulkkinen is onto his 4th team in 9 months. I think that about says it all.

4 teams and the total price was "future considerations"

Detroit -> Minnesota via waivers
Minnesota -> Arizona via future considerations ie. nothing
Arizona -> Vegas via expansion draft

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leafs lost a good prospect. Leipsic will be a solid pro. At the same time, he wasn't likely to make the nhl team next fall. We were losing him to Vegas or waivers either way. Zero effect to the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad