How much do you hate the Leafs?

kazmanian

Sep 30, 2014
Hate is a strong word for the leafs. I don't like them but hate is only for the Bruins. I hate that team with all my heart. Spent 4 years at the University of New Hampshire and have to say they hate the habs just as much

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
I hate the Leafs but at the same time they make me laugh so much, I kind of like them a bit for the ''train wreck'' type of entertainement :laugh:

Apr 28, 2010
I hate the laffs with a passion. It is partly media driven and partly the ineptitude of the franchise and their fans (not all their fans, just the annoying ones). Living my whole life out west in AB and BC it is amazing all the Toronto based propaganda we get. Do I really care what Brian McCabe ate for breakfast on the first day of free agency???? Or what time his bowel movement was that allowed said breakfast to enter the GTA sewer system??? Do I really need sportcenter to open the show with 15 minutes of laffs news ON A DAY WHERE THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A GAME??? Burke was the biggest blowhard bully of anybody I have ever seen. What, you think Phruitneuf is overrated and a bad trade? I'll show you, I'll make him captain. Great move Burke, you showed everybody didn't you? Oh who is the next greatest goalie in the NHL? Maybe Scrivens? Maybe Reimer? Bernier? Giguere? Toskala? Oh wait its "The Monster". How about actually having a decent goalie for a few years instead of 20 games before you anoint him/her the next Roy, Dryden or Brodeur?? Do kids in Canada really need to be subjected to the blue and white plague of failure and mediocrity every Saturday on what used to be called Hockey Night in Canada but in the 80's/90's somehow morphed into Hockey Night in Toronto? I think not. The ONLY thing the laffs have to play for every year is to beat the Habs at something. They aren't making the playoffs so if they win the season series against the Habs or somehow play spoiler with the Habs and their playoff aspirations, its a banner year in laffland. I hate them. A LOT!!! Sorry for any spelling/grammatical errors, no time to proof read.

You win the thread, buddy. :yo::laugh:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
My question: how much do you hate the Leafs (if you do)? And if so, why exactly?

Personally, I hate them with all my heart. One of the reasons is the classic Montreal-Toronto rivalry. The other one would be Toronto knocking the Habs out of a playoff spot in 06-07 despite the Leafs being way out of a playoff picture. I remember it because I was a kid and it was my birthday lol...

The Leafs were my second team back in the 70s. They had a bunch of class players then...Dave Keon, Sittler, Salming, Lanny MacDonald. Bill Hewitt from the Gondola in Maple Leaf Gardens. After that they fell to pieces. A disgrace! Then they got a little good, I found they fans most obnoxious in sports. I think after decades being laughing stock of NHL turned them very jealous. When I was a kid Toronto was neck and neck with Montreal over most cup wins. It was personal between the two cities, I sensed the language being a cause. They really wanted to kick the frenchmens butt. Today, its not like that as few french players even play for Montreal

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I live in WNY. There are not too many Habs fans that wear their jerseys while grocery shopping. I am one, if not the only, that does. It is all Buffalo or Pittsburgh junk.

As God is my witness, I turned my cart down the bread/cereal section... and way down at the end, there was a guy wearing a Leaf's Jersey.

We both started laughing. We talked for bit and he turned out to be a nice guy.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Don't hate them at all unless the Habs are playing them. Hate the media culture that surrounds them in Canada though.

I know a lot of great Leafs fans and feel bad for them. Wish our teams could be competitive at the same time for once in my lifetime.

Eagle Eye Cherry

guitar player
Feb 19, 2006
Montreal
I wouldn't really say I hate leafs that much cuz I'm not that hardcore of a hockey fan but it's always fun to see them lose or screw up. There's always seems to some kind of hijinx going in that organization. It's almost like watching reality tv. entertaining material.

Gil128

Jul 30, 2005
With every bone in my body. you have to have been a certain age to hate them( I am in my late 50's) as they have been pretty horrible for today's younger generation, really don't want them to make the playoffs but then I don't want them to be so bad that they get a good draft choice, but they would probably screw that up anyways

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I feel indiferent towards the team. I feel sort of sorry for their fans, but it's this complicated deal where even though I do feel sorry, I don't really want them to get any better.

WHY LIE GUY

Nov 28, 2011
Not all that much.

Bruins, Senators, Lightning, Rangers, and probably a few others are ahead of them on my hate-list.

MTLhockeycolumnist

Jan 9, 2015
MONTREAL, QUEBEC
Team name says it all :

Losers Even After Forty Seasons

Pity before hate for me. I don't like them a lot, that's for sure. As a hab fan, I embrace the rivalry and enjoy hating them. However, I hate Boston and Ottawa even more than the leafs. Boston, because it's Boston, and Ottawa since they made us look like fools in the 2012-2013 playoffs with easy wins and huge cockiness by Paul MacLean back then.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Team name says it all :

Losers Even After Forty Seasons

Pity before hate for me. I don't like them a lot, that's for sure. As a hab fan, I embrace the rivalry and enjoy hating them. However, I hate Boston and Ottawa even more than the leafs. Boston, because it's Boston, and Ottawa since they made us look like fools in the 2012-2013 playoffs with easy wins and huge cockiness by Paul MacLean back then.

same here I pity them more than I hate them I don't see any bright spot at all for them... Maybe Nylander but that pretty much it...

Boston: I hate since they there the opposite of everything that is good LOL
TB: I don't see has much bad blood but I hate them since they might/could eliminate in the playoff for year to come... I think they have a great young team, and they don't really have any horrible contract.
OTT: playoff left some scares

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I actually find the Leafs extremely funny, don't know how this league would be without them. Countless hours of entertainment...I can't hate them.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
I hate the Leafs enough to be enjoying the train wreck of a season that they are currently in.
2014-2015 will be quite the low point for the organization; I don't think that there is any quick righting for this ship

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Of the O6 I always liked Chicago and Detroit. Always despised Toronto, Boston and New York.

Seems to work even today.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
My question: how much do you hate the Leafs (if you do)? And if so, why exactly?

Personally, I hate them with all my heart. One of the reasons is the classic Montreal-Toronto rivalry. The other one would be Toronto knocking the Habs out of a playoff spot in 06-07 despite the Leafs being way out of a playoff picture. I remember it because I was a kid and it was my birthday lol...

Not at all. I hate tanking suckass win cups Pittsburgh, Colorado and Tampa by far the most of any teams in the NHL. Teams that would not even be in the NHL without tanking. Luckiest fans ever, and they don't even know it.

Looks like ****ing Tampa is going to do it again soon too. Tank. Vinny. MSL who Habs totally missed. Cup. Tank. Stamkos Hedman. Bishop thanks to idiot Sens. Miracle rookie line from nowhere. ****ing Drouin. Two first rounders next year, in the best draft in years, courtesy of Rags, and MSL (Rags had to make ECF, not even the CF, last year to make that a 1st round pick and they did just that, FFS.) The stupid team name. The weather and taxes perfect for UFAs. Just everything. **** off very much. Next they'll get Babcock with the Yzerman connection. Just ****ing everything seems to go this team's way, all the time.

I hope everyone here realizes that the ****ing Lightning are very likely going to be better than Habs through the entire Habs cup window the next 7 years. They are easily the Habs biggest threat and rival the next 5 years. I am hating the Lightning more than any team in 45 years of watching Habs. I'm not kidding.

And you care that the leafs prevented a **** Habs team from getting into the playoffs once 7 years ago? WTF?

Last edited:

TravisF

Jul 11, 2011
www.artbreak.com
There aren't many things I HATE MORE THAN THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS!!! I hate them more than Boston. It would be a nightmare if the Leafs won the cup. ALL OF US WOULD NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad