How much do you hate the Leafs?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I hate them as much as the Bruins, sometimes even more.

I hope they miss the playoffs by 1 point this year so they miss out on McDavid.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Not much. I see to many Leaf's games and know to many intelligent Leaf Fans to really hate them. Maybe when their team improves, but right now I feel pity. Their fans deserve better.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I used to hate Leafs a lot, but much less now. However, it takes just a playoff series vs them to revive my strong hate.
Right now, I hate Bruins more.

Bruins: 9/10. Leafs: 7/10.
TB, NYR, Pitts: 2/10. All other teams: 0/10

Mercury10

Feb 9, 2012
Vernon, BC
I hate the laffs with a passion. It is partly media driven and partly the ineptitude of the franchise and their fans (not all their fans, just the annoying ones). Living my whole life out west in AB and BC it is amazing all the Toronto based propaganda we get. Do I really care what Brian McCabe ate for breakfast on the first day of free agency???? Or what time his bowel movement was that allowed said breakfast to enter the GTA sewer system??? Do I really need sportcenter to open the show with 15 minutes of laffs news ON A DAY WHERE THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A GAME??? Burke was the biggest blowhard bully of anybody I have ever seen. What, you think Phruitneuf is overrated and a bad trade? I'll show you, I'll make him captain. Great move Burke, you showed everybody didn't you? Oh who is the next greatest goalie in the NHL? Maybe Scrivens? Maybe Reimer? Bernier? Giguere? Toskala? Oh wait its "The Monster". How about actually having a decent goalie for a few years instead of 20 games before you anoint him/her the next Roy, Dryden or Brodeur?? Do kids in Canada really need to be subjected to the blue and white plague of failure and mediocrity every Saturday on what used to be called Hockey Night in Canada but in the 80's/90's somehow morphed into Hockey Night in Toronto? I think not. The ONLY thing the laffs have to play for every year is to beat the Habs at something. They aren't making the playoffs so if they win the season series against the Habs or somehow play spoiler with the Habs and their playoff aspirations, its a banner year in laffland. I hate them. A LOT!!! Sorry for any spelling/grammatical errors, no time to proof read.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
^ lol, that was entertaining! I agree, a lot of hate on my part comes from the fact that everything seems to be about the Leafs.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Very little. I hate so many other teams before them. "Hate" is too strong. They are our divisional rivals and I'd hate them more if they beat us in a playoff round because we'd never hear the end of it but other than that...I don't care if they win the cup even, as long as they don't eliminate us to do it.

Series? Try a game. Remember how we didn't hear the end of it regarding the 6-1 loss we had with them. To which you could reply sundin night when we laughed them out of their building something stupid like 5-1 or something like that...

Selective memories. The worst part is not losing to them, the worst part is what hf would turn into. I like this place, the leafs winning makes it unbearable...

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

My hate leveI towards the leafs has decreased over the Phaneuf era. Just hilarous !

Still, if they draft Connor McDavid it will be easy to hate them again.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I've never hated them really except maybe when I was a little kid. They've done nothing to justify even being a rival let alone being hated.

They'd actually have to accomplish something like winning a playoff series against us to become hated. As much as media likes to milk this rivalry, for all intents and purposes it hasn't been a real rivalry for years.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

not as much as they hate us...I assure you that...samegoes for boston....when u have 24 cups this is what u get. haters gonna hate

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
I am bipolar on the leafs, the team is awsome to watch, they look good when scoring goals and very entertaining when they crash and burn. I cant stand there online fan base, but alot of my close buddies are leafs fan in there 40s, that can take and dish out jokes and not get ********.

There media again is another thing, win or lose the toronto media circus is a monster on steroids, most days there annoying some days there passable.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
A bit, mostly media driven. Harder to hate with Tucker gone (and not having much success)

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
I don't hate the Leafs. I hate the media wh0re$ that cover them like there's only one team north of the border.

Don't get me wrong, it's a little sweeter beating the Leafs than say the Panthers. But, that's as far as it goes.

This....and I would add a lot of their fans grate on my nerves.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Don't hate them...don't think I ever have. Then again, they have been relatively hopeless for my entire life...except for a few blips here and there. The Bruins, sure, but they are a rival. Leafs aren't...and until they are, I can't see myself hating them.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I am completely indifferent towards them. In fact I would say that I don't even care enough about them to even bother hating them.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I hate the laffs with a passion. It is partly media driven and partly the ineptitude of the franchise and their fans (not all their fans, just the annoying ones). Living my whole life out west in AB and BC it is amazing all the Toronto based propaganda we get. Do I really care what Brian McCabe ate for breakfast on the first day of free agency???? Or what time his bowel movement was that allowed said breakfast to enter the GTA sewer system??? Do I really need sportcenter to open the show with 15 minutes of laffs news ON A DAY WHERE THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A GAME??? Burke was the biggest blowhard bully of anybody I have ever seen. What, you think Phruitneuf is overrated and a bad trade? I'll show you, I'll make him captain. Great move Burke, you showed everybody didn't you? Oh who is the next greatest goalie in the NHL? Maybe Scrivens? Maybe Reimer? Bernier? Giguere? Toskala? Oh wait its "The Monster". How about actually having a decent goalie for a few years instead of 20 games before you anoint him/her the next Roy, Dryden or Brodeur?? Do kids in Canada really need to be subjected to the blue and white plague of failure and mediocrity every Saturday on what used to be called Hockey Night in Canada but in the 80's/90's somehow morphed into Hockey Night in Toronto? I think not. The ONLY thing the laffs have to play for every year is to beat the Habs at something. They aren't making the playoffs so if they win the season series against the Habs or somehow play spoiler with the Habs and their playoff aspirations, its a banner year in laffland. I hate them. A LOT!!! Sorry for any spelling/grammatical errors, no time to proof read.
Man, pity the Leaf fan you meet in a dark alley :laugh:....or maybe not :laugh:

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
They're not even in my top 10. They have been irrelevant for so long that I have no reason to hate them. Except maybe that one game, maybe 6-7 years ago, when Huet came back just for the last game of the season and if we won we were in the playoffs but Toronto won 5-4 or something like that, and Huet was crap that game.

I hate Ottawa the most, because of their annoying fans and that inferiority complex they can't get rid of. Its hilarious that the greatest thing they think their franchise ever did was winning a playoff round against us.

Then obviously Boston.

Hawkeye71980

Sep 15, 2009
New Brunswick
Don't hate them either, dont really hate their fans eiher because they've put up with loosing and still have the passion for their team, that says something. I was the same with the Habs of 5 or 10 years ago.

I hate the Bruins the most right now becase of how they cheap shot guys and get away with it and that's the only way they can beat us. Not to mention how the cheap shots lead to getting knocked around the ice and then theBruins fans call us "divers", when they are just as bad, especially since they are so much bigger and "tougher" you woud think they could hand a lil push on the ice without flopping around like they got shot..lol

Used to hate the Sens during the "pizza line" days because the fans thought they were the best team in the league, and they were not, tey just scored alot. Since then they have made some terrible moves, ever since trading Chara instead of Redden, it's been all downhill. Although they are building their team the right way now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad