How much do you hate the Leafs?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The Leafs are like the flu. They make me feel crappy once every five years or so.

The rest of the time, irrelevant and fodder for sarcasm.

Mazel tov on the impending 50th anniversary!

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Not at all. I hate tanking suckass win cups Pittsburgh, Colorado and Tampa by far the most of any teams in the NHL. Teams that would not even be in the NHL without tanking. Luckiest fans ever, and they don't even know it.

Looks like ****ing Tampa is going to do it again soon too. Tank. Vinny. MSL who Habs totally missed. Cup. Tank. Stamkos Hedman. Bishop thanks to idiot Sens. Miracle rookie line from nowhere. ****ing Drouin. Two first rounders next year, in the best draft in years, courtesy of Rags, and MSL (Rags had to make ECF, not even the CF, last year to make that a 1st round pick and they did just that, FFS.) The stupid team name. The weather and taxes perfect for UFAs. Just everything. **** off very much. Next they'll get Babcock with the Yzerman connection. Just ****ing everything seems to go this team's way, all the time.

I hope everyone here realizes that the ****ing Lightning are very likely going to be better than Habs through the entire Habs cup window the next 7 years. They are easily the Habs biggest threat and rival the next 5 years. I am hating the Lightning more than any team in 45 years of watching Habs. I'm not kidding.

And you care that the leafs prevented a **** Habs team from getting into the playoffs once 7 years ago? WTF?

**** it! I'm sold! I hate them!!!!!

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I used to hate them more than any other team, mostly due to having a lot of friends who were Leafs fans. Now, I don't really care as much. Probably my 3rd most hated team behind Boston and Ottawa. I definitely don't mind them having mediocre seasons year after year that's for sure.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
The team I coudnt care less about except for Dion The Pylon Phaneuf. The guy is a embarrassment to the game of hockey.

The Tronna fans on the other hand, hate all of em...delusional, arrogant and annoying.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
How can you hate a team that provides so much entertainment? I love to see them start the season so well, have their parade route all planned by November, only to see them crash and burn in predictable fashion year after year. So much fun.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
their fans.

at the start of the year, at work, all you heard was the leafs are a more complete team than the habs, and that they're relying on price to win and it won't hold up. leafs are going to be tough to beat this year.

half way through the season.

nothing but whispers about the leafs...

every year, it's the same, they blame the coach. honestly, carlyle did an okay job in toronto, with that talent, maybe even above average.

phil kessel is a coach killer. the leafs have almost zero talent. and the fans have to be one of the most dedicated. the team is awful.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
I dont hate the Leafs, I hate their fans and media. For example, they win last night against Columbus. Not all the Leaf reporters are writing about how Horachek has a brought a new system, how their advanced stats are improving, how this may be a new start blah blah blah. A little bit of success with that franchise and their fan base forgets how bad they've been for the past decade.

Claimed Off Waivers

Mar 2, 2007
Montreal
Not as much as before due to them being no threat, but I still dislike them. I kinda hope Toronto gets a second NHL team just to see the Leafs get shown up in their own city. :laugh:

I do like the city of Toronto and the Raptors and Jays though.

Last edited:

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
As a habs fan and former Montrealer living in the GTA, as a kid/teen I always got really excited when the Habs would beat the Leafs, but then all my leafs fan friends would brush off the rivalry and go on about how 'they don't hate Montreal' and 'I cheer for the Habs when the leafs are out' yada yada...Even when the Leafs beat montreal, it was like any other game. 0 intensity toward it.

I always thought they were just saying that to avoid any more ribbing or cover their butts in case they did lose, but as I am getting older after having lived here for 10 years, the more I am starting to believe that is really their attitude. The habs are just a non-factor anymore. I think even if they two teams met in the playoffs and the leafs lost, fans wouldn't be upset per se, they would be angry the leafs lost but not because it was to Montreal. most of my Torontonian friends have nothing but great things to say about the city of Montreal.

This could be just the crew I hang with, but I find a lot of leafs fans tend to have more of a hate for the New York's, Chicago's, Pittsburgh's...essentially any major US metrolpolis. I think a lot of that has to do with the other Toronto teams(Raptors/Jays/TFC) and some rivalries with cities carrying over. There is no Winnipeg in MLB, or Calgary NBA team.

In conclusion, I think all other canadian teams fans hate the leafs but it's just not the same the other way around.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
I was talking on the phone with my buddy in toronto earlier today. He said: "when are you coming out to visit again?"

I said: "hopefully never again."

I hate the whole ********* GTA!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad