How much do the Leafs regret trading Connor Brown?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I was just thinking about the Leafs in the last couple of years - Kapanen, Johnsson, and Brown...man, those are three solid wings they've moved on from. Salary cap and all, so I get it, but man that's still quite a bit of depth to send out.

JvR and Komarov as well and Bozak and Kadri down the middle.

Really just keep the Leafs roster from Matthews and Marner rookie year with an improved defense and they are better off than they are today.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Great response.

Soon enough, you'll need two flags.

no clue what your obsession with flags is all about. if you think you have pushed me to the point to waving the white flag you are out of your mind. you've provided nothing here.

Isn't team success the ultimate objective?

I dont think Lou has played any part in that. Barry Trotz is the best coach in the league. You can credit Lou for hiring him, but thats about all I give him credit for.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I find it funny that most of Leafs fans are still 100% convinced that these heart and soul players that are loved on the bench/in the room, are not at all what they're missing on the roster...Good luck with that...

While I agree the Zaitsev contract didnt work well for Toronto and they arent losing any sleep over this, he is completely digestible for the Sens. His contract will expire by the time Sanderson is coming of his ELC (provided he signs next season). And hes been very solid for us so far. DJ and Babcock and Lou like him for reasons that a stat sheet watching fan cant truly appreciate.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
no clue what your obsession with flags is all about. if you think you have pushed me to the point to waving the white flag you are out of your mind. you've provided nothing here.

I dont think Lou has played any part in that. Barry Trotz is the best coach in the league. You can credit Lou for hiring him, but thats about all I give him credit for.
If I search your post history, will I find out that you were unhappy/mad that the Leafs hired him ?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I find it funny that most of Leafs fans are still 100% convinced that these heart and soul players that are loved on the bench/in the room, are not at all what they're missing on the roster...Good luck with that...

While I agree the Zaitsev contract didnt work well for Toronto and they arent losing any sleep over this, he is completely digestible for the Sens. His contract will expire by the time Sanderson is coming of his ELC (provided he signs next season). And hes been very solid for us so far. DJ and Babcock and Lou like him for reasons that a stat sheet watching fan cant truly appreciate.

Zaitsev was probably also another reason why Dadonov and Zub decided to sign here (both were teammates with him with Russia in the WC), so he's also paying off in that way.

Reactions: Samsquanch

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
I never wanted him to go and I'm sure it was not an easy choice, but you have to pay a premium for moving that cap hit. It's unfortunate but that's the reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad