How much do players in Juniors make OHL, ECHL ect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i believe chl players (OHL, WHL, QMJHL) are payed something like $150 a week.

edit: i was way off - apparently the average salary is closer to $500 a week.

Last edited:

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Jr players get paid a stipend per week because they're billeted and their billet families feed them and house them.

A guy who I know who played in the ECHL got paid about $700 a week, but the apartment was provided.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Depends on the contrac the CHL player has with the team.
some player get enough to fill up the car with gas, other may get more.

Canuck71*

i believe chl players (OHL, WHL, QMJHL) are payed something like $150 a week.

edit: i was way off - apparently the average salary is closer to $500 a week.

Maybe a very few make $500 a week but that is very doubtable. From what Ive heard in the last few years they get paid from $70-$100. Not %100 sure if thats true but thats what Ive heard over the last few years. No CHL team is going to pay every one of its players $500 a week either.

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Maybe a very few make $500 a week but that is very doubtable. From what Ive heard in the last few years they get paid from $70-$100. Not %100 sure if thats true but thats what Ive heard over the last few years. No CHL team is going to pay every one of its players $500 a week either.
But NCAA claims CHL players are pros. Doesn't that mean they make millions (WELL, more than U of Florida football players at least) and the scholarships to CIS SCHOOLS are redundant :sarcasm:

The Scouting Report

Oct 2, 2007
Ontario
www.thescoutingreport.org
[Mod: really big name] got $100 000 to report to London, unconfirmed of course. ;)

But yeah CHL players get billeted, food all that stuff provided. They also get gas money, and some teams give small allowances.

Team's also give bonuses however, depending on stuff like regular season record and winning playoff rounds etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
Stars players who comes to Juniors Leagues gets paid way more than the guy who's a 11th round pick and gooning it up to make the team.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Junior players don't get salaries (or at least they shouldn't). They get allowances of 50-100 bucks a week mostly just for pocket change or to help out their billet familes.

The Scouting Report

Oct 2, 2007
Ontario
Stars players who comes to Juniors Leagues gets paid way more than the guy who's a 11th round pick and gooning it up to make the team.

Sort of true, higher draft picks get better education packages than lower picks generally. There are obviously a lot of different examples that could be used either way.

Either way there are about 4-5 OHL teams who break the rules and pay certain high end players to get them to report, but there is no way to prove it so hopefully the league will begin to address this to make the whole entity a more even playing field.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
[mod: really big name] got $100 000 to report to London, unconfirmed of course. ;)

But yeah CHL players get billeted, food all that stuff provided. They also get gas money, and some teams give small allowances.

Team's also give bonuses however, depending on stuff like regular season record and winning playoff rounds etc.

the moneyhe got was "under the table" as they say, which is probably the reason why he came to london in the first place, along with many other guys who were sure bet going to NCAA then all of a sudden with right amount of $$$ theyre playin CHL.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Junior players don't get salaries (or at least they shouldn't). They get allowances of 50-100 bucks a week mostly just for pocket change or to help out their billet familes.

they are paid on salary, they sign contracts negotiate terms everything.
it depends on the player.
some players will ask for their university to be payed for up front and every year they play they get that many years paid for.
where as some will go for higher monthly salary around 300-400.
if i recall a buddy of mine who was in negotiations with calgary was offering him 150-250 a month and he was a a 6th round pick. i know for a fact it does vary how much you get paid where you were drafted - assuming you sign the contract before you join the team.

Canuck71*

they are paid on salary, they sign contracts negotiate terms everything.
it depends on the player.
some players will ask for their university to be payed for up front and every year they play they get that many years paid for.
where as some will go for higher monthly salary around 300-400.
if i recall a buddy of mine who was in negotiations with calgary was offering him 150-250 a month and he was a a 6th round pick. i know for a fact it does vary how much you get paid where you were drafted - assuming you sign the contract before you join the team.

All players that have played in the CHL get a free ride scholarship to any Canadian University so their University is obviously going to be payed for no matter how good or how bad of a player they are.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
All players that have played in the CHL get a free ride scholarship to any Canadian University so their University is obviously going to be payed for no matter how good or how bad of a player they are.

no. it depends how many years you play.
if you play 1 year, you get one year paid. so on and so forth.
normally if you dont negotiate it for it to be payed upfront, essentially the team doesnt pay for it untill you complete one season at a time.
where as some player will get it pay upfront so if they want they can take a few courses throughout the season with the team paying for it. big difference.

The Scouting Report

Oct 2, 2007
Ontario
normally if you dont negotiate it for it to be payed upfront, essentially the team doesnt pay for it untill you complete one season at a time.
where as some player will get it pay upfront so if they want they can take a few courses throughout the season with the team paying for it. big difference.

There are parameters of the education package, they vary in terms of years/money etc. but they can be broad.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Aug 12, 2006

it is 10 games equals one season for one year of education to be paid

we have a player currently billeting with us who gets 70 dollars a week and our family gets 140 a week for utilities, food etc....being a billet is not a money making measure.

I know some players get the under the table deal..I also know most europeans make pretty good money over here well the ones who are good.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I think every player at that level should make the same ammount. Kane got 100 grand? yea just fork over 100 grand to a 16 yearold kid.

These are kids not NHL players.

Because you can play hockey reall well that means at 15- 16 you should be paid more then the other kids your age?

I dont think thats very ethical.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
I think every player at that level should make the same ammount. Kane got 100 grand? yea just fork over 100 grand to a 16 yearold kid.

These are kids not NHL players.

Because you can play hockey reall well that means at 15- 16 you should be paid more then the other kids your age?

I dont think thats very ethical.

you missed the pat where that 100 grand was paid in a way to get him to come play for the Knights instead of going to college. its just a rumor he got that much.
and he wasnt 16. try 18.
and it makes lots of sense why should a 100pt star get paid the same amount as a healthy scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad