How Many Points Will Bo Horvat Get In The 2015/2016 Season?

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Bo Horvat has always been a strong PP player. He was a staple with the Knights, was a staple with Team Canada, and should at the very least get Dorsett's PP minutes this year.

The only thing I can see holding him back is the C depth of the team. They're not going to want Bonino and Horvat to be on the same unit, because that would give Vey the ever important shift after a PP (which Willie loved to entrust Horvat with this past season).

Horvat is a great net front player and during the lockout, Corey Perry spent lots of time around the Knights. I'm sure Bo picked up a thing or two off of one of the elite net front players in the game today.

Sedin-Sedin-Horvat
Vrbata-Weber

50 points.

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
Second line forwards on below average to average teams generally don't score more than 50 points. I'd be surprised if he scored more than 40.

I think he starts the season as our #3 C. If he plays well in an offensive role, I think he will be a #2B to Bonino. However, I think that's unlikely.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He'll probably out play and out produce bonino and vey on a per minute basis but WD wont give him enough ice time.

Same.

I think Horvat is ready to be the #2 center here and should be getting prime minutes with good linemates and regular PP time. And I think he'd score 50 points if given that opportunity.

What I expect is that he'll be saddled with Prust and/or Dorsett on the 3rd line and receive no PP time while Vey gets coddled again by Willie with heaps of PP usage. And Horvat will end up with 30-35 points.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Same.

I think Horvat is ready to be the #2 center here and should be getting prime minutes with good linemates and regular PP time. And I think he'd score 50 points if given that opportunity.

What I expect is that he'll be saddled with Prust and/or Dorsett on the 3rd line and receive no PP time while Vey gets coddled again by Willie with heaps of PP usage. And Horvat will end up with 30-35 points.

I feel like I am gonna be upset with the season a lot next year.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Does Horvat slide up to the second like role now? Huge fan of his and would like to see him succeed.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Does Horvat slide up to the second like role now? Huge fan of his and would like to see him succeed.

Not sure. Hopefully it means less defensive responsibility and more PP time for Horvat.

It's only a matter of time, though.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Same.

Did Benning get a guy more suited to being a 3C to clear the way for Horvat as a 2C?

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
The Sutter move has a bit of an adjustment to where I think Horvat's season can now be. I originally had him pegged right in the middle of the 30 to 39 point range. If Sutter is used correctly and takes on the harder minutes and Horvat gets PP time (now that Bonino is gone) then I can see his production flit with breaking that range.

The trade opens things up, hopefully Wille D uses his options well.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Sutter isnt a 2nd line centre. That role should go to Horvat or even playing with the Sedins. Sutter with Prust would be a formative shut down line.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Hopefully (sorry) Henrik gets injured so we do terrible but Horvat and Sutter get more minutes and more experience.

Daniel-Horvat-Vrbata
Baertschi-Sutter-Burrows
Higgins-McCann-Hansen
Prust-Vey-Dorsett
Kenins

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Hopefully (sorry) Henrik gets injured so we do terrible but Horvat and Sutter get more minutes and more experience.

Daniel-Horvat-Vrbata
Baertschi-Sutter-Burrows
Higgins-McCann-Hansen
Prust-Vey-Dorsett
Kenins

Of we could not hope that out best player and captain gets hurt.

There should be plenty of minutes to go around. I don't think Horvat or Sutter needs 20 minutes a game.

Last edited:

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata
Higgins-Sutter-Hansen
Prust-Vey-Dorsett
Kenins

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Sbisa-Bartkowski
Corrado

Miller
Markstrom

I think Horvat will beat out Sutter for that 2nd line spot in training camp, and I have no idea where Virtanen fits-we may see a trade involving Higgins/Hansen if management is intent on getting Jake into the lineup.

Edit: Crap wrong thread... uh I think Horvat will get about 40 points if he plays on the 2nd line with Vrbata.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad