How Many Points Will Bo Horvat Get In The 2015/2016 Season?

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
"Is that ceiling off for Bo Horvat. If he plays well enough, could he be your #2 center?"

"I think, the first thing is... The best thing about Bo is that he comes to play hard every night. He's one guy you can just depend on how hard he is going to play. We're not going to put a... you know... He'll fit in where he should when he comes to camp, and, umm... I think the best thing about this year is I think Bo... We didn't put expectations on him. He found his own level. And, that's what will happen next year as well. Like, he'll find his own level and we're not going to place him in a spot or he's got to do this. Umm, I think we're better off... Like it's tough coming into 2nd year... like, that's a hard thing... and, uhh, I think Trevor can attest to that. And so, anyways, we'll let him find his own level next year."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTOM7Kch2Wo
27:25

Judging by these comments by Willie, I don't think Horvat gets much powerplay time next season (perhaps as an injury fill-in, or to shake things up as a down-the-list option, but won't be markered in). I don't think they are going to put Horvat in a role where he is expected to score. I think he'll be pretty much a staple in the bottom 6 (on the 3rd line)... I think it will be Higgins - Horvat - Dorsett or Prust - Horvat - Hansen, and as a basic rule, put in defensive situations.

My vote, 30-39 points.

By "finding his own level", I think that shapes the expectations for the following season. This season, Bo graduates from 4th line center, to 3rd line center. Perhaps after next season, I think he has a chance to graduate from 3rd line center to 2nd line center... but, I don't think he gets the opportunity next season to be put in offensive situations.

Last edited:

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
I dont think its fair to pre-determine where Bo will slot into the lineup.

One thing is for sure, and its that he went through last season and just got better by the game.

When you watch his playoff reel, you can see a tonne of confidence as he chose to carry the puck far more while beating dmen to the outside and in a couple 1 on 1 rushes, I think theres far more to Bo's game than to just be a reliable 2 way center. I think the pundits nailed it on the head when describing his upside to that of Patrice Bergeron. I would not be surprised to see Horvat crack 50 points next year as looking at his season trend, had he started with the consistency that he finished with, he would have hit 40 points as a rookie, and thats with the limited ice time he received.

Kids only going to get better so long that he stays healthy. Future captain of this team imo.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I dont think its fair to pre-determine where Bo will slot into the lineup.

One thing is for sure, and its that he went through last season and just got better by the game.

When you watch his playoff reel, you can see a tonne of confidence as he chose to carry the puck far more while beating dmen to the outside and in a couple 1 on 1 rushes, I think theres far more to Bo's game than to just be a reliable 2 way center. I think the pundits nailed it on the head when describing his upside to that of Patrice Bergeron. I would not be surprised to see Horvat crack 50 points next year as looking at his season trend, had he started with the consistency that he finished with, he would have hit 40 points as a rookie, and thats with the limited ice time he received.

Kids only going to get better so long that he stays healthy. Future captain of this team imo.

FTFY, I wanted to watch it!

The Jesus*

Those highlights against Calgary. Damn he's good. Haven't had a prospect like this in a very long time. He's like the lone bright spot in the entire franchise right now.

As for the points, I think 40 should be the goal for him. He'll be playing on the 3rd line with likely no PP time. I want him as the 2c, but he's not ready yet. Give him some time to play against depth players, focus on a 200ft game, get further acclimated to NHL hockey, and let him boost his confidence some more by playing against other depth players before moving into a top 6 role. Throw him out there against Toews and Getzlaf and it might rattle him a bit and throw him into a slump. He still needs more time.

But I'm super excited for him. I really think we got ourselves another Kesler with Bo. I never expected him to be this good.

duplo

prince kasspian
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver
That video is a god damn palette cleanser. Loved watching Horvat's London playoff highlights the year we drafted him; he looked like an NHL player then. To see him with that same skillset with all that added speed is just so exciting. I don't think anyone could have predicted his skating could improve THAT much.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
30 to 39 point range.

Only 4 Canucks got double digit PP points last season and none of them were from the 2nd unit. It would be difficult to get into the 40+ for Horvat without a much improve #2 unit or having Vrbata consistently on his line.

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
If he's given a prominent role on the 2nd PP unit and has high quality (read: not dorsett or prust) line mates with around 15 minutes a night, his upper end is around 40-49 points.

I think it's much more likely he'll be saddled with little to no PP time and awful line mates, so I'm expecting 30-39 points.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
19g 19 a for 38 points. Horvat will be held back by lack of PP time and terrible coaching.

this but i predict less goals. more like 15-19 34. Willie will be playing Vey and Higgins in more offensive situations in favour of Bo. He will also see plenty of time with Purst and Doresett which hurts his numbers.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
this but i predict less goals. more like 15-19 34. Willie will be playing Vey and Higgins in more offensive situations in favour of Bo. He will also see plenty of time with Purst and Doresett which hurts his numbers.

I doubt the latter will happen much.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'm kind of hoping Horvat plays with Bonino and Burrows.

Bonino-Horvat-Burrows

I'll say 50 points in that scenario.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Not even gonna remotely hope that Horvat will somehow turn into savior of the Orcas.

If he gets anything around 35 pts I'm happy.

arsmaster*

Bo Horvat has always been a strong PP player. He was a staple with the Knights, was a staple with Team Canada, and should at the very least get Dorsett's PP minutes this year.

The only thing I can see holding him back is the C depth of the team. They're not going to want Bonino and Horvat to be on the same unit, because that would give Vey the ever important shift after a PP (which Willie loved to entrust Horvat with this past season).

Horvat is a great net front player and during the lockout, Corey Perry spent lots of time around the Knights. I'm sure Bo picked up a thing or two off of one of the elite net front players in the game today.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Bo Horvat has always been a strong PP player. He was a staple with the Knights, was a staple with Team Canada, and should at the very least get Dorsett's PP minutes this year.

The only thing I can see holding him back is the C depth of the team. They're not going to want Bonino and Horvat to be on the same unit, because that would give Vey the ever important shift after a PP (which Willie loved to entrust Horvat with this past season).

Horvat is a great net front player and during the lockout, Corey Perry spent lots of time around the Knights. I'm sure Bo picked up a thing or two off of one of the elite net front players in the game today.

Bo as the net front guy with the twins on the PP... dare to dream.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I will be really disappointed if he isn't a fixture on at least the 2nd unit. They need to build for the future, grow his offensive game.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Bo as the net front guy with the twins on the PP... dare to dream.

He's not right handed, the seDINS CAN'T SET UP ON THE OTHER SIDE GOD DAMNIT.

We need a Willie emoji. Not sure if that's possible just putting it out there.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
I am hoping for a 2nd line of

Baertschi Horvat Burrows

I think all 3 of those guys would finish in the 40-50 point range if given 2nd line minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad