How many points does Adam Fox need to win the defenseman scoring race by to win the Norris?

How many points does Adam Fox need to win the defenseman scoring race by to win the Norris?

• Total voters

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yup.

Karlsson finished tied for 4th in league scoring with 82 points and didn't win the Norris. The year before he tied for 23rd with 66 points and won because Ottawa made the playoffs.

Way she goes.
DeGrom winning the Cy Young without any wins was a nice change of pace for baseball would be nice if hockey dinosaurs could evolve as well

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
It doesnt matter how many points he wins it by. What his defensive metrics are. He isnt going to win it because it is a reputation based award. Hedman is going to win it, regardless of whether or not he deserves it.

Fox will win it when he is due.

Reactions: TomasHertlsRooster

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't know how many people know this anymore, but the Norris Trophy isn't actually the Art Ross for defencemen.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Well he has 1 more games against Buffalo to pad the stats as usual. Then finishes the year with isles,isles,caps,caps,Bruins,Bruins where we see the drop off. He’s only has 3 points in 12 games vs the isles and Bruins.

Depending on how bad he beats up on Buffalo there is a decent chance he doesn’t even finish first in points.

Either one way it should go to Hedman.

Last edited:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
It doesnt matter how many points he wins it by. What his defensive metrics are. He isnt going to win it because it is a reputation based award. Hedman is going to win it, regardless of whether or not he deserves it.

Fox will win it when he is due.

sound pretty salty. Do you think Fox is better than Hedman?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I don’t have the exact stat (and I’m too lazy to look it up), but back when Karlsson was winning them with Ottawa, the statistics showed a defenseman pretty much had to make the playoffs to win the trophy.

It sucks for Fox cause not only has he been the best defenseman in the league this year, but the Rangers would make the playoffs in literally any other division.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
He deserves it, but is gonna be screwed by not having the reputation of Hedman

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
sound pretty salty. Do you think Fox is better than Hedman?

Its not salty, it is a reputation based award and always has been.

Do I think Fox is a better defense man than Hedman? No.

Do I think Fox has had a better year as a defense man? Yes.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Its not salty, it is a reputation based award and always has been.

Do I think Fox is a better defense man than Hedman? No.

Do I think Fox has had a better year as a defense man? Yes.

Ok, that's fair. To each their own.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Karlsson potted 82 pts in 82 games and he got robbed of the Norris because the sens didn’t make playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad