How many points does Adam Fox need to win the defenseman scoring race by to win the Norris?

How many points does Adam Fox need to win the defenseman scoring race by to win the Norris?

• Total voters

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Shouldn't be very many since he's better defensively than most of his competition.

I don't really understand why he's now considered some offensive defenseman.

Reactions: FoxyClean

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Shouldn't be very many since he's better defensively than most of his competition.

I don't really understand why he's now considered some offensive defenseman.

He's elite defensively as well, but he won't get the nod just based on that because unfortunately it's now a reputation award and Hedman/Carlson have that reputation already.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He would need to score at least 10 more points than Hedman to win the Norris and unfortunately even then that’s probably not going to be enough since the Rangers won’t make the playoffs.

Reactions: Dr Salt

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I would be good with Fox winning it this year, he's been outstanding. When hockey writers start peeling away at the underlying stats, they should draw a similar conclusion.

Hedman has had a very interesting role this season, and it's starting to catch up to him. He's leading the team in scoring in a year where goals have been hard to come by. He's been really trying to force the issue offensively, joining the forecheck/rush and taking more risks than usual. There have been a lot of odd man rushes that he's responsible for. Usually he's a fast enough skater to recover, but I think he's just been gassed with the workload he's had. He's averaging 25 minutes a game and playing in all situations.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
It's Irrelevant how many points he has, if his team misses the playoffs he's not winning the Norris.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Fox needs Victor Hedman to retire before May to win the Norris.

This is an excellent season for him to get recognized league wide. I think he wins one in the next 2-3 years, I like him better as an all round player than most of his peers

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
He'll need to win by 10+ points, especially if the Rangers miss the playoffs.

The Norris is a reputation award so Hedman already has this locked up.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Fox won’t get it because the Rangers are going to miss the playoffs, but he at worst should be top 3

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He's the 3rd best defenseman in the NHL IMO after Makar and Hedman, so it's less about the points and more about outplaying those two down the stretch

I think he ends up 2nd due to Makar missing too many games. If they all had played 56 games this year i'd have it

1. Makar
2. Hedman
3. Fox

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
It's Irrelevant how many points he has, if his team misses the playoffs he's not winning the Norris.

Yup.

Karlsson finished tied for 4th in league scoring with 82 points and didn't win the Norris. The year before he tied for 23rd with 66 points and won because Ottawa made the playoffs.

Way she goes.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He would probably need to win by at least 10 points over Hedman to close the gap between their defensive games. Not saying Fox isn’t great defensively. I just think Hedman is better.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad