How many pieces are we away from being a true contender?

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
With Murray and Melnyk pushing the win now/next year angle today on Radio I'm curious how close they really think we are.
I was even more suprised when Murray was saying he'd go after a forward before another D. I see us challenging in 3-4 years when our D core matures and if we can keep Ryan.

Anyways what's your opinion on what we need to add in order to get there?

A: 1 Top 6 Winger
B: 1 Top 4 D
C: 1 Bottom 6 Winger
D: Other/Nothing/Gary Roberts

Edit: Wished I had a poll option E:One top 6 Winger One top 4-D

Last edited:

WhiteLight*

Doesn't this fella "God" have more power? Pretty cool that the mods are able to walk on water though. I'd like to see that.

Yeah i don't think every mod has ultimate power. But you know jesus had some powers of god such as walking on water, making food, healing, etc. Comparable to mod powers I would say. much more power than us regular folk

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
haha ya, how many pieces and all the options are single things. I see the missed option you wrote though. I personally think we are 3 away.

Edit - If we're talking winning the cup, and not just a few playoff rounds:

Top 4 D - specifically to play with EK if you want Meth on the 2nd pairing
First line winger
Veteran next to Zib and Conacher

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Yeah i don't think every mod has ultimate power. But you know jesus had some powers of god such as walking on water, making food, healing, etc. Comparable to mod powers I would say. much more power than us regular folk

I wonder if the mods are good at making bacon sandwiches. Can I request a bacon sandwich?

On T: I agree DrunkUncleDenis, we're probably about 3 pieces away from being a serious contender. Unlikely to happen under Melnyk though. Can't he just sell his ****ing plane or something. Take the bus to your job you goon.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
DUD should be a mod

slow-lol-zoom.gif

WhiteLight*

I wonder if the mods are good at making bacon sandwiches. Can I request a bacon sandwich?

On T: I agree DrunkUncleDenis, we're probably about 3 pieces away from being a serious contender. Unlikely to happen under Melnyk though. Can't he just sell his ****ing plane or something. Take the bus to your job you goon.

Bonk could whip up a mighty bacon sandwich I would say. Qward is more of a fried chicken guy I would guess. CH with some bad ass chocolate chip muffins

Also agreed with DUD

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Top 3 D and top 6 F.

I shall use the following players: Giordano/Shattenkirk and Boedker/Moulson/Filppula

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Moulson-Spezza-Stone
Conacher-Zibanejad-Michalek
Smith-Pageau-Condra

Methot-Karlsson
Giordano-Ceci
Cowen-Wiercioch

Anderson
Lehner

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
All 3.

LW for Spezza, #2-3 D to push everyone down and keep Corvo/Wiercioch/Gryba out of the line-up and then an upgrade for Michalek for the 3rd line as I just don't feel like he'll be able to contribute going forward.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
All 3.

But the biggest thing we need - time. The kids need a few more years to grow and develop. Grow as players, get a real system going, gel and mature as a team. Only time can do that.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Top 3 D and top 6 F.

I shall use the following players: Giordano/Shattenkirk and Boedker/Moulson/Filppula

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Moulson-Spezza-Stone
Conacher-Zibanejad-Michalek
Smith-Pageau-Condra

Methot-Karlsson
Giordano-Ceci
Cowen-Wiercioch

Anderson
Lehner

Except no way you can't sit Neil once hes healthy. Pageau and Condra are the odd men out and were already missing Greening so i guess he got traded. We need to lose two roster players to make room for one. Pageau being demoted makes sense but he's earned a longer look at being with the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad