How many live Flyers games do you see each year?

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
For those of you who haven't been to many games, why don't you do trips? Time, money or other constraints?

It's purely time. I have actually never been to an NHL game, only to a bunch of AHL games for the Penguin's AHL affiliate in WB/Scranton since I lived very close to the stadium while in school.

I'm hoping to go to my first live Flyers game sometime next year, though.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I have been a fan since 1980....and have only watched 1 game in my life....last year in Ottawa and we got shutout.

You have to make it happen, was the coolest thing I've ever done.

If playoffs, gonna see first ever playoff game this year.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I've never been to a game in Philadelphia. It makes sense now, since I have been living halfway around the world for 4 years. But even before, I have basically been underpaid my whole life before I got here, or had lame jobs in situations that were my own fault. (I think most people's heads would explode if you knew what I got paid for my effort at the newspaper, compared to what Timmeh gets paid for his "effort" at his newspaper.) I just could never make the money work for a trip, or had other priorities get in the way. My closest hockey friends were Montreal fans, and loved Canada in general, so we took a road trip from St. Louis to Toronto the final preseason at the old Maple Leaf Garden in 1994, but never to Philly.

For a good length of time, I went to between 25-35 games a year in St. Louis. My friend had season tickets, and though we hated the Blues, it was nice to go see the away team. Lindros' first game there was a massive treat, even though I wasn't his biggest fan in general. He smashed everyone and everything to pieces and got thrown out, if I'm not mistaken. I know during his time we won 7-3 or 8-2 there, something like that, and that was a great joy to watch in person. It was also a joy to be underaged and get drunk there, because it was easy to find a way to get served, and then go to Pizza Hut afterwards and get more drunk.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
I share season tickets with a buddy and I get to 10 to 15 Flyer games each year. My father was an original season ticket holder. Been going to games since 67. Also get to 10 or so games in the New York area although not just Flyers.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I barely watch the games intently on TV like I used to let alone go to the games. Past 3 years I can hardly watch a complete game until the playoffs. The way they have practically taken hitting out the game has made me more disinterested and I never thought this would be the case. I mean players touch each other and they get all indignant and look for penalties...and in the Flyers case we get the shaft more times than not. I miss intimidation in hockey. The game used to be much more fun. Dunno..it might be just me but I grew up watching a different game...not necessarily broad street bullies 70's but mid 80's and 90's until more Euros and skill started taking hold. No problem with that..enjoyed it and was always mad that Clarke and Holmgren were late to the game with that while the likes of Detroit and NJ had success....but these days the game just seems to be lacking that in your face intensity. The Lindros era was great for that but obviously his career suffered as a result.....as well as other impact players.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
I've only been to 1 game in my life.

1 Flyers game
2 Eagles games (both at the Vet)
1 Sixers game
5 Phillies games.

Do you hate crowds?

I worked with a guy who would never go see his favorite sports teams or bands when they toured, and had to be dragged to his all time favorite team - Boston Celtics - by his wife all because he hated dealing with that many people in one place.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I see one game a year: when they play the Ducks. I live close enough to see them in LA, but I hate the Kings and refuse to pay to sit in their arena. I want to drive out to Arizona though and see them there next season.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Not nearly enough. For years i just didnt have the money or time, now i dont live close enough to make it a regular occurence. I try to go at least once a year. If i get an apt closer to my job, I'll be a lot closer to Philly and more inclined to make it to games. I'd like to catch a 76ers game too

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
I have season tickets, and attend ~30 regular season games a year, a few pre-season, and usually get to every playoff game (last one I know for sure I missed was game 6 of the 2010 finals, which I sold).

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Only ever able to catch 2 live Flyers games a year, when the Flyers come to Edmonton I go every year, and then I drive down to Calgary and watch them there as well. Hoping to make a trip to Philadelphia sometime next year and catch a few games while there. If we end up in the SCF sometime in the next several years I'll definitely be making a trip to Philly, even if I can't afford to go to the live games, just to be in the city and watch the games at some sports bar with other fans would be awesome.
Since McDavid has come into the league I have been going to a handful more Oilers games than before.

Last edited:

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada

I live in Edmonton and they only play here once a year. I've gone the past 4 years. really want to see a game at the WFC one day

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I split a Full Season Account and attend half the Home Games each Season... Regular, PreSeason, and PostSeason... I attend with my son and in past Seasons we would also attend Road Games each Season; Family health and son's job has limited the Road Trips of late... We purchase select Games at other Seat Locations on some Games that my STM Partner attends... and occasionally I accompany my Partner to Games he has selected... I chose 21-25 in the Poll, although at times I attend more.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Went to one live at Wells Fargo in 2014. Due to location. Saw oh 15 or so live, in Winnipeg,Calgary, Edmonton with 12 being in Vancouver. Saw all the New Year's Eve games in van, starting in 94.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
less now that i have a kid and live further away from the arena. prob around 2-5 a year
before it was like ~10

Last edited:

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Every time there is a Tuesday or Wednesday home game, as they are my only two days off from work. :)

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
When I was three years old I lived in Delaware and my dad used to bring me to a few games a year. This happened until I was 10 and we moved to Ohio.

I'm now 32 and I don't think I've ever gone more than a 2 year period without seeing a flyers game, whether that be home or away. The last seven years I lived in DC and always got to at least one game a year and as many as about 15 in 2010.

In April of this year I moved up to philly and immediately bought season tickets. I plan on getting to about 35 games this year. The only one I've missed including preseason this year was ironically the Penguins game. I'll miss a few throughout the year when I'm out of town, but I'm 32, single, have a good job and live in south philly. I don't plan on missing many.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It shows how many fans we have that are not locals!

I sell NHL product in Canada, and Philly is a top 5 selling US team along with Boston, Pitt, Detroit and Chicago.

We've always got loads of people in our sweaters at games across the NHL, and it has been that way for 30+ years. In St. Louis when the Flyers came to town, there were just tons of us.

Kreezy

Mar 18, 2012
Living in Vegas, i only get to go to 1 game a year when they have their west coast trip. Wont have to drive far next year tho!

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
0-5. But I was at at least one every season '95-'96 until the short '13 year. Still hold an unbroken streak of going to NHL games.

Most games I went to in a season was 8, my mom and I decided to get a partial plan to cheer ourselves up after her divorce. It was the 06-07 season, so that backfired.

I have only been to two playoff games: Game 2 of the '09 Quarterfinals in Mellon Arena and Game 4 of the '10 Semifinals. We went to that one because it was a college summer and we were bored and tickets were just being unloaded on Stubhub, so we just said **** it, they'll lose the series but maybe they'll win this game. Pretty special night.

I used to annually see a Flyers-Devils game at CAA with my dad, '00, '01, '02, '03...saw the last win there for a long time. Those were neat games, and that was a bizarre arena.

Once to Centre Bell (1-0 loss to Halak, but a great time), two weeks ago at United Center (a coworker tagged along, but left when it was 4-0 'Hawks), twice at Mellon (a shootout earlier in 08-09), once at Consol/PPG Paints (the great 4/1/12 game of Lavi standing the boards, in that building you could hear him pretty well). First game was at the Spectrum, 1996, Lindros scored 2 on the Rangers.

Seen a handful of non-Flyers games. Leafs-Devils in the playoffs at CAA (maybe 03?), random Penguins games vs. bad western conference teams (Penguins always won), Predators-Leafs regular season, Predators-Blackhawks 3OT playoffs.

Come to think of it, I have seen 4 NHL playoff games. 2 have involved the Flyers, only 1 was in Philly, but 3 have gone to overtime.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Last playoff game I went to the Flyers lost 10-3 against Pittsburgh and Staal had a hatty.

On the plus side I got to sit on the glass around halfway thru the 2nd period onward

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: