How many live Flyers games do you see each year?

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Just wondering how much people go to games here. I voted for 0-5, though maybe this year I get into the 6-10 territory.

edit: Just to clear up any confusion, I'm asking about going to the game, be it in Philly or elsewhere, not watching it live from some other place.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
10 games is tough to break for me. I wish I could do more, but getting home at 11-11:30 on a weeknight is rough.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
I always make it a certainty that I get down to see at least a few each year. Usually 1-2 towards the beginning of the season, and 1-2 near the end.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Based on the other replies, I assume it's meant to be "viewing live in any form", not "live in the arena."

If it's "live in the arena," it's 0-5

I'm lucky to have found a 9-5 during the fall and winter months to allow me to catch as many games as possible.

Edit: Oops, missed the words "GO TO games." Chalk me up for 0-5. Ignore my overzealous 31+. I was perplexed at the thought that I was the only one who may watch more than 31 Flyers games a year :lol:

Last edited:

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
1-3 home games a year and usually about 4-6 more [I live in the NYC area]

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Voted 6-10 but it's usually anywhere between 4-8. With the division changes, the Flyers come to Toronto and Buffalo only once every other year. I like the make a trip to Ottawa or Montreal once a year and make my way down to Philly at least once a season as well.

Last edited:

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Based on the other replies, I assume it's meant to be "viewing live in any form", not "live in the arena."

If it's "live in the arena," it's 0-5

I'm lucky to have found a 9-5 during the fall and winter months to allow me to catch as many games as possible.
It's live in the arena, that's what everyone else voted for, too.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I usually go to an early season game and a late season game. My birthday is in April so a lot of times I go to the final game of the year. I've got tickets to the Flyers-Blackhawks game in December and I'll probably try and get to a Pens or Caps visit as well.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've only been to 1 game in my life.

1 Flyers game
2 Eagles games (both at the Vet)
1 Sixers game
5 Phillies games.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I have been a fan since 1980....and have only watched 1 game in my life....last year in Ottawa and we got shutout.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
We made the trip in march this year to see them almost get shut out in NY. Still an amazing experience.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
From the UK,

Flights and hotel for two people $1500
Tickets $100
Spending money $800-$900 on a budget.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
From the UK,

Flights and hotel for two people $1500
Tickets $100
Spending money $800-$900 on a budget.
Yeah, it's expensive if you're overseas, I guess I meant more for those living in the US and Canada. I'm not sure why you'd spend $800-900, though, unless you were there for a really long time.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
For those of you who haven't been to many games, why don't you do trips? Time, money or other constraints?

Health issues that makes traveling to the games an issue for me, and I only live an hour and a half away. Hopefully soon I'll be able to go to more games but as of right now it's just easier for me to watch at home and provide good luck by being in the bathroom for every ****ing goal they score. :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
For those of you who haven't been to many games, why don't you do trips? Time, money or other constraints?

For me, it's been timing.

I have only had 3 weeks vacation a year and I typically take it at the same time every year:
March/April: like to go down south...somewhere warm
Sept: hockey not an option
X-Mas. to New Year: games not lining up/ bad weather/crazy expensive flights

But things have changed. I started my own company so will have lots more leaway on when I do things. Just gotta make sure the wife's vacation time matches up....and as a nurse, it's not easy sometimes.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Oops I voted wrong, I thought it included watching live. I go to 16-20 a year. 11 game weekend plan with my best friend plus I usually make sure to go to a pens game and other random games I can snag on stubhub for under 30 bucks roughly 5 times a year at least. Then hit one playoff game a round if they make it. Being a young professional with no kids is pretty sweet, I know once i have kids that I won't be able to go nearly as much so taking advantage of the disposable income and the free time.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I work full-time and go to school full-time and I can't afford to spend frivolously on things as expensive as tickets (let alone parking and food/beverages) due to school largely.

I also don't have the time or energy. I'm surprised anyone even has the time and energy to go to 30+ games a year, though I suppose it's a lot easier if you live inside the city then outside.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Season ticket holder but sell 10-15 games to friends. I go to school at the University of Delaware (about a 45 minute drive to the WFC) but I manage to balance my work and games to get to a lot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad