How many Harts & Art Ross’s for McDavid?

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Depends on how many more years the voters give the Art Ross winner the Hart just because. He should win 5-10 Art Ross's in his career but few Harts until he leaves Edmonton.

Reactions: klozge

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
depends on how good his teams are in the future for the hart trophy. i think he'll win like 8 or 9 art rosses

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Unless an amazing player is drafted and barring injuries, I would guess 8-10 Ross’s and 6-8 Harts.
Gretzky remained healthy until a career altering injury in the early 90s. However, Mario was drafted in ‘84 and Mario took away some Ross’s that Gretzky would have otherwise won.
I don’t see any “Mario” type players on the horizon who could compete with McDavid though.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Depends on how many more years the voters give the Art Ross winner the Hart just because. He should win 5-10 Art Ross's in his career but few Harts until he leaves Edmonton.
I dont think you understand what the Hart is, if anything winning it on Edmonton would be easier cause he is that much more important.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
7 Art Ross trophies including a stretch here in which he wins 4 or 5 in a row, 6 Hart trophies , 6 Ted Lindsay awards. He edges out Lemieux as the 3rd greatest player to have played the game by his careers end. 2nd most awards all time right behind 99.

Now 97, all up to you.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Is there any other McDavid like talents coming up in the next 5 or 6 drafts? Hard to say. After Crosbys first couple seasons I would have thought he would have half a dozen.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Who knows. If I was told after Crosby's first Art Ross that he'd only win one more over the next 10 years I wouldn't have believed you. I imagine no one else would have either.

It's hard to win the scoring race. There are a lot of great players in the league. He might not even win it this year. 6 or 7 games is plenty of time for any one of these guys in the top 5 take it.

I think what is going to make McDavid special, much like what has made Crosby so special, is that he's going to be up there season after season. Plenty of guys can have a year or two (see Benn and Kane in recent years) where they are at or near the top. But being able to do it year after year after year is what makes it so special.

Reactions: Syyncrow and Murky

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
At least 12 Art Ross, probably 10 Harts; otherwise this kid is a bust and should never sniff the hall.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
McDavid relies primarily upon his breathtaking speed to generate offense. How long he could continue to dominate the league will depend on how long he maintains that incredible ability.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Is there any other McDavid like talents coming up in the next 5 or 6 drafts? Hard to say. After Crosbys first couple seasons I would have thought he would have half a dozen.

Unfortunately Crosby's injury problems happened during his most productive seasons. He very easily could've won four straight Art Ross's from 2011-2014 with the way he was playing those years.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
7 Art Ross trophies including a stretch here in which he wins 4 or 5 in a row, 6 Hart trophies , 6 Ted Lindsay awards. He edges out Lemieux as the 3rd greatest player to have played the game by his careers end. 2nd most awards all time right behind 99.

Now 97, all up to you.

-Zero conn smythe?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
he will win the hart a lot. With art ross, it depends a lot on GP, but if he's healthy he'll win it more often than not, maybe until he's 29 or 30.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
McDavid relies primarily upon his breathtaking speed to generate offense. How long he could continue to dominate the league will depend on how long he maintains that incredible ability.
At least until 30... possibly longer. Then he goes from legendary speed to superspeed

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I think until 30 then it will come into question.

The state of the game, coaching tactics, injuries.

I actually think MORE offensive help would hurt his numbers (but help the Oilers), because it would take away his minutes, and possibly prime PP time.

A true #1 Dman capable of pinpoint outlet passing and one-timer (not a puck rushing ones like Karlsson/Subban), would help his numbers considerably.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

McDavid's got two things going for him in his favor:

1-McDavid's been healthy during the years he was challenging for the Art Ross. Crosby missed out on at least two Ross trophies due to injury (concussion and broken jaw) where he was ahead by a mile both seasons at the time of his injury.

2-McDavid's in a class all his own. No offense to the new breed, but I don't think any of them have Ovechkin/Malkin ability. So the only way McDavid loses is if one of the lesser guys has a "career year" in a given season (ie. Henrik Sedin's 112 point season, Patrick Kane's 106 point season).

The first one is actually impressive. Maybe I'm just used to seeing my team's best players constantly getting hurt, but the fact McDavid can play the high flying style he does and still manage to play 82 games every season is very impressive.

Reactions: Raging Bull

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Let's introduce McDavid Total Awesomeness Award, awarded to a player who demonstrates most ridiculous projections via statements of his most dedicated HFBoards fans...

Let's throw those trophies around like candies... 5 Harts to left, 10 Art Ross to right.

Saying something on these boards about what some guy does is infamously more easier than for the guy do that in the rink, McDavid being no expection to that pattern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad