Boston Bruins How Many Games Will You Attend This Season?

How many games will you attend this season?

Votes: 30 58.8%

Votes: 10 19.6%

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • 3-5

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 6-10

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 11-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21 or more

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Brad is very appreciative of all of them and the players. He hugs them, shoves them, teases them and if anyone is having a tough time he is there for them. He is a very passionate and emotional guy.

All of the players include the guys who work for the team.

The chemistry is cool to see. I don't think it was like that 23 years ago when I first had the seats.

As someone posted in another context, more than any other sport, hockey is a culture.

I suspect the culture created by Peter Chiarelli, Claude Julien, Zdeno Chara, Patrice, Brad, et. al. has something to do with the change you mention. Over the years, the Bruins have consciously fostered a tight-knit locker room and it doesn't surprise that the players treat everyone involved with the club like a family. (Because it is.)

Whatever else is true of today's NHL, that is one of the main reasons I love the B's in particular, and NHLers in general.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
As someone posted in another context, more than any other sport, hockey is a culture.

I suspect the culture created by Peter Chiarelli, Claude Julien, Zdeno Chara, Patrice, Brad, et. al. has something to do with the change you mention. Over the years, the Bruins have consciously fostered a tight-knit locker room and it doesn't surprise that the players treat everyone involved with the club like a family. (Because it is.)

Whatever else is true of today's NHL, that is one of the main reasons I love the B's in particular, and NHLers in general.
and I suspect you are correct!

Reactions: GordonHowe

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I went to a game in Boston in November when I was there for work. If I get back to Boston in the spring I’ll try to go to another. Won’t make the Philly game this month, unfortunately.

Reactions: Ladyfan

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
1, and it’ll be game 5 of the opening round with the bruins able to clinch, and Marchy will miss a breakaway in the dying seconds that prevents a storybook ending to my 8 hour drive from Hamilton to Boston and puts a damper on @Ladyfan and @GahdenRinkRat taking me home and taking advantage of my poor innocent Canadian body until the sun came up

*oops this was last year
**certain parts of this are fictional

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I loved when they’d play Motley Crue’s Wild Side leading into the 3rd period face off!
Don't forget Slow Ride. Thank goodness they don't play that anymore. That annoyed me so much. I don't understand why but whenever they played that, we didn't get pumped up at all!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Obviously I have (almost) no personal stake in this topic but it's of interest. "Hockey is for everyone", the NHL says, except it isn't. Especially not amongst the fans.

As has been already stated, supply and demand dictates prices in a free market and hockey is played in comparatively small arenas, many of them in places with large fanbases and sizeable subsections of affluence amongst the local populations. All of which equals high prices for seats and usually full barns despite those prices.

But what to do about it? Price caps, whether total or for certain sections of seating, sound nice in theory but are more difficult to enact fairly, legally and workably in practice. Ditto some sort of lottery system or similar for some reduced-price tickets. There are no easy solutions. But it's a real shame the current state of things.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Obviously I have (almost) no personal stake in this topic but it's of interest. "Hockey is for everyone", the NHL says, except it isn't. Especially not amongst the fans.

As has been already stated, supply and demand dictates prices in a free market and hockey is played in comparatively small arenas, many of them in places with large fanbases and sizeable subsections of affluence amongst the local populations. All of which equals high prices for seats and usually full barns despite those prices.

But what to do about it? Price caps, whether total or for certain sections of seating, sound nice in theory but are more difficult to enact fairly, legally and workably in practice. Ditto some sort of lottery system or similar for some reduced-price tickets. There are no easy solutions. But it's a real shame the current state of things.
The issue isn’t really face value (though one could make the argument season tickets are priced too low given the demand) it’s the secondary market. The gap between face and resale is very high. The club could increase the price of tickets 25% and prices in the secondary market wouldn’t move. Conversely, if they lowered face for certain tickets they’d just get resold at the normal rate. Price of being good for so long.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The issue isn’t really face value (though one could make the argument season tickets are priced too low given the demand) it’s the secondary market. The gap between face and resale is very high. The club could increase the price of tickets 25% and prices in the secondary market wouldn’t move. Conversely, if they lowered face for certain tickets they’d just get resold at the normal rate. Price of being good for so long.

Yes I think that's largely true. I think the point here is not to hold the league or the owners directly responsible, but to ask could anything more be done to reduce prices, including in the secondary market, or otherwise set aside some seats at lower cost. Any possible answer seems to be fraught with practical and legal difficulties. I think that's just the way of it.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
0. It's too expensive. Everything is. Tickets, parking, food/drink. I avoid the city at all costs now adays as well. Too many loonies. I'd be more likely to go to a P-Bruins game I think, only because it's cheaper.

I remember 20 years ago, the balcony in the corners was always dead empty up until Thanksgiving. I used to go to early season games and have an entire section to myself. It was great. I don't think it's like that anymore.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Ditto for me as well unless something changes. Was hoping to get the nephew in for his first ever Bruins game but no dice so far.
It’s going to be zero or one for us this season.

Somewhat holding out hope to take Megan and Jake on Monday for his birthday.

We received a Ticketmaster gift card for Christmas that would put a dent into the cost.

Part of me says screw it, and if we do go just biting the bullet and getting decent seats.

Game time decision.

Reactions: Mione134

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Zero

Regular season is so boring now. I was a STH from 2008-2016. Would not waste my time there now. No passion, just going through the motions. New schedule is garbage. Who plays for Montreal? I have no idea.

I have been going to more college games. Dartmouth, UVM, and a trip into Boston to NU at Matthews.

One thing that artificially restricts the market and drives up prices is they no longer allow season ticket holders to resell tickets at anything but Ticketmaster. Obviously there are ways around that since Stubhub and SeatGeek have some inventory but a lot of STHs might not want to risk it since the team explicitly says its not allowed. And smaller supply --> higher price

Person who recommended Vegas as a place to see a game: 100% agree, went twice in 2023, great experience there.

He speaks! :bow::bow:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad