Boston Bruins How Many Games Will You Attend This Season?

How many games will you attend this season?

Votes: 30 58.8%

Votes: 10 19.6%

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • 3-5

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 6-10

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 11-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21 or more

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I am simply blown away by how expensive it is to go to a game these days.

I was hoping to take my wife and son to a game, and we’re pretty much limited to matinees at this point.

The get in price for the MLK game is over $200 for nosebleeds.

I looked at the P Bruins, Maine Mariners, and Worcester Railers and it looks like their matinees are typically on Sundays which conflicts with when I skate.

Last year I made it to one game. That’s pretty much been the trend the last several years.

Between the lockout and them winning the Cup, I’d go to 5-10 games per year.

I get that it’s supply and demand. The get in price for the last few Patriots games this season was less than $20.

How many games are you going to this season? And if you’re not making it to TD Garden, are you getting your live hockey fix elsewhere?

Reactions: GordonHowe

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Great thread. MFW on Twitter just had a similar discussion going.

The Missus bought me tickets to the Winnipeg game for my Birthday. I'm looking forward to it, the Jets are my second favorite team and I watch them regularly. And the tickets were cheaper than most other opponents because WPG is not exactly a marquis draw.

But as a general principle, the idea of spending north of $400 for a pair of balcony seats does nothing for me. I don't feel like I'm getting value for my money at that price, given the fact that many NHL teams are just average and there are long stretches of play that are just boring.

My one must-see event is the opening night of the Beanpot, I go every year. And I'll hit a few random college games at Matthews or Agganis with my brother or with friends. Matthews is still my favorite rink to watch a game.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I doubt I will ever attend another NHL game. Too expensive and that game I went to in Detroit was not a pleasurable experience. The audio in the arena was too loud, a shrieky female off ice promotion announcer screamed the whole time, and the music sucked. Had to scream to have a conversation.

No thanks....

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
We went to the Isles game in November for my daughters birthday and a friend who has season tix just offered me the 1/24 game vs. Carolina at face value, so I grabbed those.

My wife and I will probably go to one more, depending on what’s available.

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The tickets are still very expensive, but cheaper if you get a package. I have downgraded to the 10 game package since I stopped being a DINK and sell most of the “best” games. Weekends, Toronto, Black Friday, Crosby, McDavid, Bedard…. Sell!. It HELPS with the cost but not as much as I’d like. But it at least makes me feel less irresponsible. I mostly just like the chance to get to some playoff games, and that is just insane to try to do in the secondary market.

I used to go to 20 a year, then 10 after they won the Cup, since they installed the child size seats I've been to maybe 5. Only went this year because my boss bought me tickets.

The seats are going to be what makes me give up going. They could win 15 games a season and I’d still find the time. But those seats…

Reactions: dafoomie

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It is crazy expensive and at 71 (and living on a much smaller income) not sure how many more seasons I can afford to go. So far, I can do the drive to and from the games (back to NH).

I really have fun but could have paid off the mortgage...Oh well.

We sold a total of 4 games this season. In the future we may sell more to help with the price. I would hate to give up on the seats as I love them. We never sell payoffs, but the price is unreal. This year we will be taxed on the ones we sell.

I don't park there and buy a water or soda and nothing else.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I used to go to 20 a year, then 10 after they won the Cup, since they installed the child size seats I've been to maybe 5. Only went this year because my boss bought me tickets.
Our section only had 8 seats because our section is divided by the tunnel. Then they added 2 more seats and made them smaller (no discount in price). They also had to make the tunnel less wide. The extra sticks used to be on a rolling rack but once they added the extra seats the tunnel wasn't wide enough for the rack. The equipment guys were not pleased.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Our section only had 8 seats because our section is divided by the tunnel. Then they added 2 more seats and made them smaller (no discount in price). They also had to make the tunnel less wide. The extra sticks used to be on a rolling rack but once they added the extra seats the tunnel wasn't wide enough for the rack. The equipment guys were not pleased.
I'm sure they gave the equipment guys a huge raise with all the extra revenue. :sarcasm:

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Bruins games? 1. I never miss them when they come to Chicago.

Total NHL games? About 3-5/yr. I usually get tickets for free. It’s good to have connections and I love goi g to NHL games live. It’s the best live sporting experience IMHO.

Gonna catch the Vegas-Rangers game in LV next Thursday night. Looking forward to the spectacle.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeelyDan

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I would go to at least one but Bostons too much of a pain in the ass, I'd rather sit in my basement and watch on my 65" samsung drinking dollar beers and whatnot than go thru all the effort.

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Haven’t been to Boston in over 25 years loved the numerous times I went to the games but doubt I will go again,I haven’t even been to Bruins games in Buffalo anymore,just not my thing anymore,rather watch in front of the TV.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I went to one a couple years ago against the Senators. A young couple from Ottawa sat next to me. The young lady was a Bruins fan. They were delightful. And the Bruins won. It was fun. But that should hold for a couple more seasons anyway.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm sure they gave the equipment guys a huge raise with all the extra revenue. :sarcasm:
I hope they get paid well. They are such a good bunch of guys. I am so lucky to have gotten to know some of them.

The players really appreciate them. When one equipment manager had his 2000th game Brad purchased a fully loaded new truck for him.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
@Ladyfan The last time I bought tickets to a game was against the Habs in early December of 2019 right before covid. I bought my Father & myself some really good seats (from my perspective) but of course we got a big snowstorm the night and he didn't want to drive his car so he bailed and I ended up asking my sister if she wanted to go and she did since she used her BF's awd audi.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I hope they get paid well. They are such a good bunch of guys. I am so lucky to have gotten to know some of them.

The players really appreciate them. When one equipment manager had his 2000th game Brad purchased a fully loaded new truck for him.
Not sure if it works the same way in hockey, but in MLB, the when the players are given their playoff bonuses, they usually vote to allocate a portion to support staff as well. Here's the current pool numbers, as far as I can find:

1704906815166.png

Obviously, its way larger for MLB, but my brother (he's the head grounds crew guy for the Texas Rangers), ended up getting $700K this year for him and his grounds crew. That was voted on by the players after the season ended.

Attachments

• 1704906782022.png
    1704906782022.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Dr Hook and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
@Ladyfan The last time I bought tickets to a game was against the Habs in early December of 2019 right before covid. I bought my Father & myself some really good seats (from my perspective) but of course we got a big snowstorm the night and he didn't want to drive his car so he bailed and I ended up asking my sister if she wanted to go and she did since she used her BF's awd audi.
I know getting there, parking and paying is tough. When my daughter was growing up, I barely could afford NESN (and it was MUCH cheaper then).

With me I am used to it. I know where to park...when to go...etc. I know most of the guys who work for the Bs, many security, usher and concession folks. The first game of the season is like old home week.

Plus, life is dull without the games. There will come a time when I can no longer make the drive to and from Boston or afford the seats.
Until then...I enjoy going.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
7-8 in Boston. Going to Raleigh for a Canes game Feb vacation week with the kids (we went to Nashville last year). Family long term bucket list is a game in every arena (though Vegas will have to wait 12 years until my youngest is 21).

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I only ever see the Bruins play in Edmonton, Calgary and in one case game 5 of the Cup finals in Vancouver, I'd fly down and make a little trip of it. Always had great times there. Never had an issue at all in Calgary/Edmonton and there are a ton of Bruins fans at those games too.

Vancouver can pound sand, though. That place was a legitimate cesspool during the finals.

7-8 in Boston. Going to Raleigh for a Canes game Feb vacation week with the kids (we went to Nashville last year). Family long term bucket list is a game in every arena (though Vegas will have to wait 12 years until my youngest is 21).
Yep. I've been to Vegas and watched a few games there. That arena is awesome, never seen the Bruins there yet, though. It's pretty awesome there on game day.

Chicago twice and Philly happened to be there when I was there.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I only ever see the Bruins play in Edmonton, Calgary and in one case game 5 of the Cup finals in Vancouver, I'd fly down and make a little trip of it. Always had great times there. Never had an issue at all in Calgary/Edmonton and there are a ton of Bruins fans at those games too.

Vancouver can pound sand, though. That place was a legitimate cesspool during the finals.

Yep. I've been to Vegas and watched a few games there. That arena is awesome, never seen the Bruins there yet, though. It's pretty awesome there on game day.

Chicago twice and Philly happened to be there when I was there.
We've done the Panthers 3 times including a playoff game last year. I've been to a Caps game, a Coyotes game, and a Devils game but it doesn't count because my family wasn't there. Doesn't have to be Bruins games either - just an NHL game. Kids get to get a jersey etc.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

I wonder how much the equipment guys feel “part of the team”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad