How many games will the Kings have to lose to get the best odds at the #1 pick?

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
After the games of 3/7/19:

Sens still on pace for 31st, projecting to 63 points. To slide under that, the 30th-place Kings need to get no more than 6 points in their remaining 15 games, a percentage of .200, or a record of 2-11-2.

90 points would be needed for the playoffs - and the Kings' max is now 86. The Kings' tragic number is down to 13 points. So there's that.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Sens still on pace for 31st, projecting to 63 points. To slide under that, the 30th-place Kings need to get no more than 6 points in their remaining 15 games, a percentage of .200, or a record of 2-11-2.

90 points would be needed for the playoffs - and the Kings' max is now 86. The Kings' tragic number is down to 13 points. So there's that.

Willie Desjardins: hold my beer

giphy.gif

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012

The Red Wings need a couple more ROWs and the Sens need a 3 or 4 game winning streak. Then we'll be fine.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
After the games of 3/10/19:

The Kings' victory last night moved them up into 29th place, as they currently hold the ROW tiebreaker over Detroit (23-21). They are only 1 point behind New Jersey for 28th. Ottawa remains on pace for 31st, projecting them to 62 points. This means in order to fall to 31st, the Kings need to receive no more than 3 points in their final 13 games, a record of 1-11-1 (and a percentage of .115).

The Kings' tragic number sits at 11 points.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
The Senators have more heart that the Red Wings. I wish that OTT was the team that we needed to jump for 2nd worst record rather than DET because OTT has no motivation to lose out. DET has just given up on the season.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
The Senators have more heart that the Red Wings. I wish that OTT was the team that we needed to jump for 2nd worst record rather than DET because OTT has no motivation to lose out. DET has just given up on the season.

Sens are 4 back and currently have one more ROW win. LA has a game in hand.

They have a few games I could see them winning remaining on the schedule. I will not be surprised if they beat the Leafs on Saturday night.

Ottawa Senators Schedule

Detroit on the other hand...

Detroit Red Wings Schedule

One, maybe two more wins the rest of the way. Yeah, they look like they are just playing out the string.

New Jersey

New Jersey Devils Schedule

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Do we really want Hughes? I'm looking at the sizes of these prospects. Based upon height & weight, I'd be fine with Cozens or Dach. Just as long as we pick in the top 4-5, I'm OK with it......

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
If we won the draft, and the Avs then picked 2nd and 10th, would you guys try to trade the first overall for the 2nd and the 10th? The more I think about, the better that scenario is sounding.....

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I honestly wouldn't be mad if the Kings took #1 and selected Kakko. I think him and Hughes are that close and both are exceptional players.

I have mentioned before I have reservations about Hughes, namely his durability and some games missed. His shot is also underwhelming.

Quite frankly, though, my BIGGEST fear of the Kings selecting #1 isn't that they'll select Hughes, but I wonder if his skating and Blake's emphasis on speed will cloud their judgment on having an honest discussion of him versus Kakko.

Hughes is the superior skater in every sense of the word. I think Kakko's a better throwback to 2012-2014 Kings possession hockey with his puck protection skills and drive.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
For the final 10 games, the Sens play the Oilers, Canucks, Rangers, Panthers, and Sabres (twice!). That makes me feel a LOT better about our chances.

Reactions: LAKings88

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
The Red Wings won!!! Now their ROW is tied with us! They have one more win and two fewer losses!!! Things are looking up!!!

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I posted in the wrong thread earlier but I think out ten games left, LA matches up well in about five games. I’m expecting at least 3 more wins.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
I posted in the wrong thread earlier but I think out ten games left, LA matches up well in about five games. I’m expecting at least 3 more wins.

I see 3 wins max but the do have the capacity to beat anyone. They could also lose all of their remaining games because of their bipolar nature.

The teams that they have the best shot of beating are EDM, VAN and ANA(Home/Road). They will most likely split with ANA and those other two are on the road so that swings the advantage to EDM and VAN. I don't think that they will beat CHI again after they Hawks took that last game off and got embarrassed plus CHI seems to be playing well right now.

What's left are SJ, CAL(Home/Away), LV, @AZ and I don't see them winning those games.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I see 3 wins max but the do have the capacity to beat anyone. They could also lose all of their remaining games because of their bipolar nature.

The teams that they have the best shot of beating are EDM, VAN and ANA(Home/Road). They will most likely split with ANA and those other two are on the road so that swings the advantage to EDM and VAN. I don't think that they will beat CHI again after they Hawks took that last game off and got embarrassed plus CHI seems to be playing well right now.

What's left are SJ, CAL(Home/Away), LV, @AZ and I don't see them winning those games.

The only thing I would say about the Vegas game is it's the last day of the season, who knows who will playing for them (obviously you can only sit so many). Otherwise, I agree.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
I took a closer look at the remaining schedule -- I missed the fact that the Coyotes and the Wild have a game left against each other, and they can't both lose... so the Kings are indeed mathematically eliminated from the post-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad