How many Canadian Teams make it to the playoffs?

How many Canadian Teams make it to the playoffs?

Results are only viewable after voting.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Toronto Winnipeg and Edmonton are my bets to make the playoffs.

Calgary is one of those I won't be surprised if they miss it or make it team.

Edmonton has the Mcdavid factor

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Over/Under would be around 2.5

Leafs and Jets are locks

Edmonton and Calgary have a chance.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I know a lot of people are still high on Vegas. I honestly see them as a bubble team in the Pacific.

San Jose
Edmonton/Calgary
Vegas/LA
Anaheim
Arizona/Vancouver

Speaking only to my own team, Edmonton had terrible special teams last year, and terrible contributions from everyone outside of Connor/Drai. Many agree that Connor looks like he can put up 120ish points this year (maybe more).

That's an average of 1.5 goals per game that 1 player is helping this team achieve. If the majority of the remaining cast just plays to their ability, and some guys step forward like Pulju or Nurse, it should be enough to make the difference and earn more wins than losses.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
While I voted 4 teams it could be just 3.

Jets
Leafs
Flames/Oilers?

If the Central takes 5 PO spots like I think they will then only one of the Flames or Oilers make it. If The Pacific takes 4 PO spots then both Alberta teams are in.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Went with 2 (WPG and TOR). I think there will be 5 teams from the Central in the playoffs which leaves 3 spots for the Pacific. SJ, VGK and LA take those spots imo

lawrence

May 19, 2012
heres the thing to the fans of pacific teams

I think San Jose, (karllsson addition) Anahiem and L.A who added Kovalchuk are locks.

I don't see both Alberta teams making it, only 1 or none.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Toronto and Winnipeg.

50-50 shot at 1 of Calgary or Edmonton.

No real chance for Ottawa, Montreal and Vancouver.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
2 to 4. I think Toronto and Winnipeg should get in unless things fall apart horrifically for those teams. Edmonton and/or Calgary could get in - maybe not both, but I could see one making it. Voted 2 to be conservative on this.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
My prediction is it's going to be four, but voted three as it's the most likely. It all comes down to the Pacific. How many teams and which ones are very up in the air. I actually like the Pacific bubble teams a lot more than the Central bubble teams so I have Calgary/Edmonton both in. I think Edmonton is going to be right around the final wildcard spot. I have them making it as the 5th Pacific team (yep, there's a wild prediction).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad