How many 20 goal guys do the Habs have this year (poll)?

How many prorated 20 goal guys do we have this year? Min of 40 games and 0.25 goals/game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
0.24/0.25 goals per game is prorated for 20 goals. Last year, we had 5 guys on that pace with a few more just outside. Can we get 6-8 guys this year that score 20 or lets say have 0.25 pts/game but play a min of 40 games?

nz5sR2S.jpg

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I think legitimately, our goal scoring will be mostly by these 4…

Hoffman
Tofu
Gally
Caufield

I think those four are a lock. Potential to hit 20…

Anderson
Petry (go ahead, flame me)
Suzuki

Realistically, 4 or 5 players I think. Essentially those 7 will get the most minutes and most PP time. I also think Drouin will pot 15 but pile up a bunch of assists. I also think Evans will score between 10-15 this year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Hoffman
Tofu
Gally
Caufield

Anderson
Suzuki

Realistically, 4 or 5 players I think. Essentially those 7 will get the most minutes and most PP time. I also think Drouin will pot 15 but pile up a bunch of assists. I also think Evans will score between 10-15 this year.

I think that with usage and ice time, Caufield, Hoffman, Toffoli, Suzuki, Gallagher, Dvorak, Anderson are not a huge reach to get 20. I think 5 is a safe bet again but would be nice if it was 6 or 7. A better PP on top of our 5/5 production would help!

sj315

Dec 5, 2017
Toffoli, Gallagher, Hoffman, Caufiled very likely, Suzuki, Anderson close, Dvorak, Petry maybe.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Barring injury all of Hoff Caulfield Anderson Toffoli Gally Dvorak and Suzuki are more then capable..

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I think that with usage and ice time, Caufield, Hoffman, Toffoli, Suzuki, Gallagher, Dvorak, Anderson are not a huge reach to get 20. I think 5 is a safe bet again but would be nice if it was 6 or 7. A better PP on top of our 5/5 production would help!

LOL, shit. I forgot Dvorak was on the team….

That said, I don’t think he’ll score 20, but I am confident he’ll be in the mid-teens and help his line mates hit 20.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
LOL, shit. I forgot Dvorak was on the team….

That said, I don’t think he’ll score 20, but I am confident he’ll be in the mid-teens and help his line mates hit 20.

Hard to say where his goal totals end up with deeper wingers. If I had to bet, I'd say 5 guys again with an outside chance at 6 or 7. Think I voted 6-8 range last year but that regular season was rough

I think we will have two decent PP's and we will continue to roll lines and give guys ice time.

Reactions: sandviper

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Toffoli
Hoffman
Caufield
Gallagher
Suzuki
Dvorak

Anderson’s streaky and might be on the 3rd line, so he might be on the outside of the 20 goal club. Also, it’s unlikely he’ll be a top option on the PP.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Hard to say where his goal totals end up with deeper wingers. If I had to bet, I'd say 5 guys again with an outside chance at 6 or 7. Think I voted 6-8 range last year but that regular season was rough

I think we will have two decent PP's and we will continue to roll lines and give guys ice time.

For sure, I think the stronger top-9 and on paper, having better PP units will help. I think 5 is a reasonable expectation, which is what I feel as well.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I'd say 3-4

Hoffman
Toffoli
Gallagher
Suzuki

Caufield is a rookie and Anderson is super inconsistent/injury prone so don't think either hits.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think barring injury we have 7 players who can realistically get there:
Gally
Toffoli
Hoffman
Caufield
Dvorak
Anderson
Suzuki

I also think there might be a dark horse or two in there so I'll keep it at 7 with another player stepping in for one on the list of they can't get there. I think Ducharme's plan is to play to the team and his strength and be a more offensive team this year and move away from Julien's defense all the time system.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Hoffman
Tofu
Gally
Caufield

Anderson
Suzuki

I think Petry had 14 not too long ago. 6 goal jump is quite a lot for a dman, but not impossible. He'll be open on the pp as I doubt teams will cover him.like Weber. Petry has the ability to get the shot through.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I see 7 guys who realistically could so I'll be bold and say all 7 will.

Toffoli
Gallagher
Caufield
Hoffman
Anderson

Are locks

Suzuki
Dvorak

Are likely

But I think they all do it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
For sure, I think the stronger top-9 and on paper, having better PP units will help. I think 5 is a reasonable expectation, which is what I feel as well.

5 guys is probably another bubble team or wild card hope. 6-8 guys might be the offense we need to get close to that top 10.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
95-96 Habs had seven 20 goal guys, could happen again.

The skill is there!

I agree the chance is there cause I do like the amount of shooters we got. Based on how we roll lines like the Islanders, this is within our reach if things go well for us. Islanders had 7 guys above the 0.25 goals/game threshold last year (min of 25 games)

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
In my opinion:

Suzuki, Caufield, Drouin, Toffoli, Gallagher, Anderson and Hoffman will all score 20+. So that's 7

Dark Horse to also score 20:

Carey Price

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What about Drouin ?;)

Make another thread about how many 35+ assist guys we got (0.43/game or higher)? Last year we had 3 guys with two more very close. In comparison, Islanders had 3 guys as well.

* 115 NHL players were 0.43 assists/game last year. An average of 3.7/team
* 152 NHL players were 0.25 goals/game last year. An average of 4.9/team

Habs make the playoffs if we are above both of these levels this season? :sarcasm:

83iD0Gh.jpg

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In my opinion:

Suzuki, Caufield, Drouin, Toffoli, Gallagher, Anderson and Hoffman will all score 20+. So that's 7

The interesting thing to note is lets say one of those guys gets hurt, we still have someone like Armia who can slide up and play either wing. And I think Dvorak is in that mix as well cause he's going to get the best wingers he has had in entire career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad